Gillard Ousted as Australian PM; Rudd To Reclaim Top Job - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:30 AM   #1
country flag SilverPersian

SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute SilverPersian has a reputation beyond repute
Gillard Ousted as Australian PM; Rudd To Reclaim Top Job

http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/politi...626-2oxfu.html
Quote:
Rudd elected Labor leader

Kevin Rudd has been re-elected leader of the Labor Party almost three years to the day since he was deposed by Julia Gillard.
Mr Rudd won the ballot 57 votes to 45. There was no spill for position of deputy leader however there are reports that Treasurer Wayne Swan has resigned.
There are also reports that several Gillard backers - Trade Minister Craig Emerson, Communications Minister and Senate leader Stephen Conroy and Agriculture Minister Joe Ludwig - have resigned.
Advertisement
Mr Rudd was elected after Ms Gillard called a ballot in a television interview on Wednesday following Fairfax Media reporting that supporters of Mr Rudd were circulating a caucus petition to allow a challenge for the prime ministership.
It also came after Workplace Minister Bill Shorten made the dramatic announcement, less than 30 minutes before the ballot, that he had swapped his support from Ms Gillard to Mr Rudd.
Mr Shorten - who played a key role in the dumping of Mr Rudd as prime minister in 2010 - has been under sustained pressure in recent weeks to switch his allegiance.
It is unclear whether Mr Rudd will stick to Ms Gillard's schedule of a September 14 election or go earlier. The earliest date Mr Rudd can call an election for is August 3.
Coalition MPs were meeting on Thursday night for a special party room meeting.
Ms Gillard retains the Prime Minister title until she visits the Governor-General Quentin Bryce and her commission is ended.
The result may spell the end of Ms Gillard's political career, with Australia's first female prime minister declaring earlier on Wednesday that she would not stand in the next election if she lost the ballot.
It is also expected that several cabinet ministers including School Education Minister Peter Garrett will now quit the frontbench, as they have previously said they would do so if Mr Rudd was re-elected.
Earlier on Wednesday night, Mr Rudd promised there would be no paybacks for the Gillard camp.
"If I win this ballot, every effort I have in my being will be dedicated to uniting the Australian Labor Party. No retributions, no pay backs, none of that stuff. It's pointless, it's old politics," he said.
Mr Rudd's election as leader also raises constitutional questions, given the Labor minority government.
Earlier on Wednesday, key independent Tony Windsor suggested that he would not support Mr Rudd if he was returned as Labor leader. Other crossbenchers Adam Bandt, Rob Oakeshott and Peter Slipper have not said if they would support a no-confidence vote against Mr Rudd on the floor of the House of Representatives.
However, other independents Craig Thomson, Bob Katter, Andrew Wilkie have indicated they would back Mr Rudd.
In a statement on Wednesday night, Mr Wilkie said he had written to Mr Rudd indicating he would give him "confidence in the House of Representatives in the event that her excellency the Governor-General commissions him as prime minister."
"It's not my business to takes sides in the Labor Party leadership."
Congratulations Mr Rabbit.
Stanislas Wawrinka|Ryan Harrison|Andy Murray

SilverPersian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #2
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Gillard Ousted as Australian PM; Rudd To Reclaim Top Job

Ouch. Untimely end for the 'political Lady MacBeth'? Please correct if I'm wrong, but this outcome is to be expected when you campaign on the promise of no carbon tax and then endorse a carbon tax when you get in office??
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #3
country flag Mattographer
TF's Resident Photographer

Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute Mattographer has a reputation beyond repute

This is a joke. It's almost like watching soap operas, but this is real life. The political version of Revenge.

Now we have a choice between Rudd and Abbott... *shudders*

Listen to the silence. That's who I am and what I like.
Mattographer is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #4
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquímaux View Post
Ouch. Untimely end for the 'political Lady MacBeth'? Please correct if I'm wrong, but this outcome is to be expected when you campaign on the promise of no carbon tax and then endorse a carbon tax when you get in office??
The public voted for a carbon tax when they elected K Rudd so they cant make up their mind what they want.

I like how in five minutes K Rudd can concisely attack the opposition's deficiencies and put it in a way that the voters can understand.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #5
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Her wig got snatched. Good riddance I can't believe she was so selfish to stay on when it was obvious that ALP was going to lose under her.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 12:08 PM   #6
country flag Thanos

Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute Thanos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattographer View Post
This is a joke. It's almost like watching soap operas, but this is real life. The political version of Revenge.

Now we have a choice between Rudd and Abbott... *shudders*
last time i checked rudd was in favour of gay marriage. abbott is an idiot that spend half the time running around in budgie smugglers.
Thanos is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #7
country flag *JR*

*JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute *JR* has a reputation beyond repute

Kevin went all Crocodile Dundee on 'er.... oy!

Now if only he'd elevate the smokin' hot Kate Ellis to a key role.

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #8
country flag esquímaux
Team WTAworld

esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute esquímaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
last time i checked rudd was in favour of gay marriage. abbott is an idiot that spend half the time running around in budgie smugglers.
You make it sound as though that's a bad thing
"恐れてはいけない. 私は最初であり, 最後である"
esquímaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 12:18 PM   #9
country flag King Halep

King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute King Halep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanos View Post
last time i checked rudd was in favour of gay marriage.
Not surprising that the average voter is not even aware of the policies of each party. The clowns who think carbon tax was a Labor party idea.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #10
country flag swissmr

swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute swissmr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by *JR* View Post
Kevin went all Crocodile Dundee on 'er.... oy!

Now if only he'd elevate the smokin' hot Kate Ellis to a key role.

Yes because a person's looks are obviously the most important thing to consider when putting them in a position of power
swissmr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #11
country flag Dani12

Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute Dani12 has a reputation beyond repute

At least Kevin support gay marriage. Yeah he's not perfect, but there really isn't much to choose from at the moment.

Julia will always be our first female prime minister, no one can take that piece of history from her.
Dani12 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #12
country flag King Halep

@mariekehardy: As a special present, enjoy this fucking brilliant picture a badass Julia Gillard pic.twitter.com/nBBog4BLGg

Old Jun 30th, 2013, 02:53 AM   #13
country flag J.Bravo

J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute J.Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

Cankles!
J.Bravo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 03:40 AM   #14
country flag dybbuk

dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute dybbuk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam L View Post
Her wig got snatched. Good riddance I can't believe she was so selfish to stay on when it was obvious that ALP was going to lose under her.
It's obvious they're going to lose under Rudd too though. Unless Jesus himself comes to run for ALP they're losing, and even then it'd be close.

I just find Rudd hilarious because he's so desperate. How many times did he promise to go to the back bench after losing a leadership vote, only to challenge for the party leadership a couple months later? Hopefully this time at least he's a better PM and doesn't bully the rest of the ALP Parliament members. That's why the rug was snatched from underneath him the last time. He comes off as very power hungry. Australian politicians in general are hilarious tho. BBC compared how many Australian PMs have been kicked out to how many British PMs have and it was so one sided lmao. Australian politicians are irl Mean Girls. A whole Parliament of them constantly trying to one up each other and backstab the others. It's a wonder Australia gets anything done at all with as vicious of a political environment as they have.
dybbuk is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #15
country flag Sam L
Sunset, Moonrise, Winter

Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute Sam L has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dybbuk View Post
It's obvious they're going to lose under Rudd too though. Unless Jesus himself comes to run for ALP they're losing, and even then it'd be close.

I just find Rudd hilarious because he's so desperate. How many times did he promise to go to the back bench after losing a leadership vote, only to challenge for the party leadership a couple months later? Hopefully this time at least he's a better PM and doesn't bully the rest of the ALP Parliament members. That's why the rug was snatched from underneath him the last time. He comes off as very power hungry. Australian politicians in general are hilarious tho. BBC compared how many Australian PMs have been kicked out to how many British PMs have and it was so one sided lmao. Australian politicians are irl Mean Girls. A whole Parliament of them constantly trying to one up each other and backstab the others. It's a wonder Australia gets anything done at all with as vicious of a political environment as they have.
They might win. The poll date will be changed and it depends on what policies they bring out. Looks like Rudd will support gay marriage and things like that could be game changers.