Lisa Whybourn - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:46 PM   #46
country flag Joe.

Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute Joe. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lisa Whybourn

Through to the QF of a $25k in Indonesia. Currently at 254 in the rankings so hopefully, after this week, she will be a certain for a Wimby WC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #47
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

BBC Look East feature: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/22910013
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #48
country flag pesto

pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of pesto has much to be proud of

Poor Lisa. Just missed the 250 cut, and has a tough first round draw in qualies - 10th seed Vania King, former top-50 singles player, and Wimbledon doubles winner.
pesto is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #49
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ‏@teambathmcta
Everyone at Bath wish @lisawhybourn a full recovery from shoulder surgery. Look forward to ur return to training 4 long road back.
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 08:39 PM   #50
country flag Embittered

Lisa launches her website, and links her first blog entry: http://www.lisawhybourn.co.uk/blog/index.html
Old Mar 18th, 2014, 11:21 AM   #51
country flag David Barker

David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of David Barker has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Lisa launches her website, and links her first blog entry: http://www.lisawhybourn.co.uk/blog/index.html
Glad she is coming back....good luck!
David Barker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 03:02 PM   #52
country flag Embittered

Lisa on the entry list for Sharm 10K, during the first week of Wimbledon: http://www.itftennis.com/procircuit/...tid=1100031622

Probably a good sign, even if she withdraws.
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 03:20 PM   #53
country flag nimble kitty

nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light nimble kitty is a glorious beacon of light

Yes it's great that she's nearly ready to come back but at the same time I can't help but think that just less than a year ago she only just missed out on a Wimby qualies WC and a career high ranking of 250 and it's just been downhill since. I hope she can get herself back to where she was pre-injury.
nimble kitty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 10:30 PM   #54
country flag Embittered

Cambridge Evening News article.
Lisa Whybourn close to returning to competitive action
Old Jun 11th, 2014, 06:29 PM   #55
country flag Embittered

Lisa is in the Wimbledon wild card play-off and faces Katie Swan in R1
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 01:08 PM   #56
country flag ianb29

ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice ianb29 is just really nice

I'm assuming Lisa gets a protected ranking after so long out? Any ideas what number?
ianb29 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #57
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianb29 View Post
I'm assuming Lisa gets a protected ranking after so long out? Any ideas what number?
Ranking on 22 Jul 2013 was 309, on 29 Jul 2013 was 281. Her last match was some time in the week of 22-28 Jul. The rule says the player must be ranked in the top 300 at the time she stopped playing, and the protected ranking is the one after her last match has been added.

If she merits a protected ranking, it's 281. IMHO the rule fairly clearly excludes Lisa from getting a protected ranking, but that's a perverse result and I doubt it's what is done in practice or even that many others would interpret the rule the way I have, so I'll say 281.
Old Jun 15th, 2014, 02:48 PM   #58
country flag Embittered

Lisa tweets that she has received a qualie wild card for Wimbledon.
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 02:29 PM   #59
country flag joeh37

joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of joeh37 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Ranking on 22 Jul 2013 was 309, on 29 Jul 2013 was 281. Her last match was some time in the week of 22-28 Jul. The rule says the player must be ranked in the top 300 at the time she stopped playing, and the protected ranking is the one after her last match has been added.

If she merits a protected ranking, it's 281. IMHO the rule fairly clearly excludes Lisa from getting a protected ranking, but that's a perverse result and I doubt it's what is done in practice or even that many others would interpret the rule the way I have, so I'll say 281.
I asked her on twitter in May, and she said she will have one.

Thankyou for years of service to British tennis

@Joeh_37
joeh37 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2014, 02:41 PM   #60
country flag toddsw33ney

toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light toddsw33ney is a glorious beacon of light

when is she back?
toddsw33ney is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote