•~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • off-topic/introduction thread- Vikalume 2. - Page 199 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #2971
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: •~º~º~Welcome to Vikaland~º~º~ • - Vikalume 2.

Just had a look at the draw and realized that one of Kubot, Paire, Mannarino, Almagro, Janowicz, Melzer or Stakhovsky is going to make a Wimbledon SF.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:51 PM   #2972
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor_Biscan View Post
Probably for the public there's gonna be a lot of "who?" for both men's and women's matches. The draws are pretty equivalent now with seeds gone and one british player in each, though it's unlikely Laura will make it as far as andy.

The end of the big four was going to happen at some point, it's been stale for a while. The women's side has been a bit unlucky as it's only sharapova who has actually lost, to also lose vika to injury is just pure bad luck. At least the women's side can sell the rush of 18,19,20 year olds coming through.

Personally for me I just want to see interesting matches.
While the end of the big four is inevitable, you'd like it to be to some sort of new breed. Not just Federer and Nadal losing like they have here. I don't really think it's stale in the general public eyes either, they still lap it up. I will be interested to see the secondary prices of tickets next week, those tickets from quarter finals onwards can normally got for 4 figures second hand, I can see prices crashing down though, there is not going to be many takers for Almagro vs Paire or whatever.

On the womens side you want to see the "new star is born" story like you say, and not just a couple of people who got there by default. WTA are desperate for Stephens to make a run to at least the semi's here, otherwise you could have some latter stages that are a really tough sell to the general public. It's a shame that most the stories for the crowd to get behind (Robson, Lisicki etc.) are also in Serena's quarter of the draw. I have this horrible vision we could end up some really dud event from the quarter finals onwards.
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #2973
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post
Just had a look at the draw and realized that one of Kubot, Paire, Mannarino, Almagro, Janowicz, Melzer or Stakhovsky is going to make a Wimbledon SF.
And if that semi final is vs anyone not named Andy Murray then you might as well pack up the tent right now .
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #2974
country flag hurricanejeanne

hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute hurricanejeanne has a reputation beyond repute

Wimbledon and the French Open traded souls.

I'm with you on hoping for just good matches (any challenge to Serena on the women's side would be nice). I'm also hoping that one of the youngsters has their break out tournament here. And even though I'm not a big fan, it would be nice if Murray won just to see the crowd reaction.

Belated welcome, Leigh!
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:32 AM   #2975
country flag oh yeah i guess

oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of oh yeah i guess has much to be proud of

I didn't think this Wimbledon would become an even bigger mess but then it did. I couldn't believe that Stakhovsky of all players beat Fed, same with MLDB and Sharapova.

Quote:
Hopefully Janowicz.
oh yeah i guess is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #2976
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

It took me a whole day to absorb all these shocks one after another.
Losing vika I thought the day couldn't get any worse. Of course it was the worst as there will be the after effect of the injuries but then all of my faves suffered shocking losses. Maria losing to mldb I just can't...and then fed losing to that bigot to all people. I was so mad at him. Of course credit should be given to both of them . They played lights out. But I am still in shock. Worst Wimbledon hell worst grand slam ever for me.have lost all interest in it now.
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 05:11 AM   #2977
country flag viktory

viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future viktory has a brilliant future

Quote:
If Fed loses this I might admit myself into a mental institution. This day doesn't feel real anymore.
Oh I went through the same emotions
Apparently we have same faves.
I am stil in shock. I keep thinking fed should retire before losing to a qualifier now I am so mad. He keeps torturing me
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #2978
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

Vika(jus nooooooo), Maria,Fed, Nadal all gone. Lets pretend this Wimbledon never happened as we are having world war II right now

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 10:28 AM   #2979
country flag Exordes

Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute Exordes has a reputation beyond repute

Somebody has made this kind of photo collage from Wimbledon 2013:

Exordes is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #2980
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

We can officially call it The Injury Slam
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 01:49 PM   #2981
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Starting with the Robson match today, i have a sneaky feeling this day will mostly be a reminder how easy it would be for Vika to go through most players in this draw.

I need to let it go, i know. Hopefully some quality matches today.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #2982
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to one of the BBC commentators I now know that women's tennis is "baseline bashing" with no variety.
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old Jun 30th, 2013, 01:16 AM   #2983
country flag garwe

garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of garwe has much to be proud of

Watched a couple of matches from last year, and so far i have not seen one player slipping. They are running up balls in the corner and turn, split step without problem. This year i see falls in almost every match.

Perhaps it was out of the organizers hands (wheater and so on) but it must be incorrect to say it is not worse this year. They should admit that instead of sort of blaming the players (by saying the courts are in top condition when players complain).

The only court i have seen that seems to be sort of ok is the centre court.
garwe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 03:19 PM   #2984
country flag Natural Joe

Serena out. What the hell is this Wimbledon?
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM   #2985
country flag ozza

I officially hate Wimbledon. I know it's the wrong way to be thinking, but I can't help but think what could have been.