>>> Michelle Larcher De Brito - cheering thread <<< - Page 266 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #3976
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: >>> Michelle Larcher De Brito - cheering thread <<<

Freat win for Michelle. Really can´t believe..se´s crying after MP and in PK..so sweet..but we all know her..will lose vs. Knapp tomorrow. Don´t be surprise.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #3977
country flag Rui.

Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute

Finally the highlights

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away
Rui. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #3978
country flag M.P

M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute M.P has a reputation beyond repute
So happy she won, hope she can go further , hope she will come to Hong Kong again next year
What is her h2h against knapp

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Muguruza Tsonga Berdych Gulbis Dimitrov Thiem Krajinovic Rosol
Han Peng Zhangs Zhou Wangs ZhengSS Yangs Tian XuSL Liu

Giorgi Jovanovski Bencic Konjuh Petkovic Garcia Wawrinka Pospisil Tang
Zvonareva Peng Mladenovic Larcher-de-Brito Babos Vekic Kulichikova
M.P is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #3979
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing 6-3 6-4 win against Sharapova, Michelle !

So proud. Deserved win for Michelle. Absolutely wonderful performance

Michelle played such strong tennis. Now best of luck in R3 vs Knapp

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #3980
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...tuns-sharapova

Quote:
Larcher De Brito Stuns Sharapova

Michelle Larcher de Brito reannounced herself to the tennis world on Wednesday, beating a WTA legend at the most legendary tournament out there - that legend didn't go out without a fight, though.

June 26, 2013

LONDON, England - Portuguese qualifier Michelle Larcher de Brito pulled off a second round shocker against Maria Sharapova at Wimbledon on Wednesday, completely blindsiding the World No.3, 63 64.

The 20-year-old Larcher de Brito, who had shown signs of future promise as a teenager over the last several years but had never quite grabbed that one breakthrough result, finally grabbed it this time, going toe to toe with Sharapova in a high-quality slugfest in front of an electric Court 2 crowd.

The No.3-seeded Sharapova did everything in her power to block a happy ending for Larcher de Brito - she fought off four match points in the last game, including two with huge forehand winners - but one last forehand into the net finally sealed the deal, and Larcher de Brito got that big breakthrough.

"It was a combination of everything," Sharapova said. "I give her a lot of credit. I think she played extremely well. She was really solid from the baseline. I don't feel like I was aggressive enough, that I hit the ball deep enough. I wasn't ready after the returns or serves. I just wasn't there, really."

Sharapova slipped to the court several times during the match, but didn't use it as an excuse. "I don't think I've ever fallen three times in a match before in my career so that was a little strange, but that's certainly not an excuse. I think today I've seen a lot of players fall and take a few hits and a few injuries. I think that's just part of the game, part of what we have to deal with as tennis players."

The second round loss was Sharapova's earliest loss at a Grand Slam since she fell first round at the 2010 Australian Open. "It's frustrating," she said. "You don't want to lose matches, whether it's early or late in the draw, but this tournament is extremely special, so it's especially tough to lose here.

"But I'm going to keep my head high about it because there's no other way. I'll find the positives out of what I have done today and in my career, set new goals, and try to just keep moving forward."

Meanwhile, Larcher de Brito, who already had three Top 20 wins to her name, got her first over a Top 10 player. And what a stage for it too - playing a WTA legend at the most legendary tournament.

"I'm really excited. I really can't believe it. It's a little bit of shock and excitement," Larcher de Brito beamed afterwards. "I'm just really happy I got through that match. It was a really great win for me.

"The end was really nerve-wracking. I tried to stay calm. I gave it my all. It was 5-4. If I lost that, it would have been 5-all. If it were 5-all, it would have been tough to get back up again, because she was serving, and she was serving really well. I thought, 'Now or never.' I tried to stay calm, even though it's hard sometimes. I just gave it my all, like I always do, and it turned out well for me in the end."

Larcher de Brito has been talked about for years now - at age 14 in 2007 she became one of the Top 10 youngest players ever to win a WTA main draw match, in 2009 she cracked the Top 100, and things seemed on the up and up. But she comes into Wimbledon at No.131 - it hasn't been a smooth ride.

"When I was 16, when I was in the Top 100, everybody was comparing me to like Martina Hingis, and expecting me to win a Grand Slam at that age. But that doesn't happen anymore, winning Grand Slams so young. Tennis is such a competitive sport now and so hard, it's just really hard to stay there.

"But I just tried to keep going, and now I'm here again, and I hope to keep doing well all year."

The Portuguese pointed to two people in particular who helped keep her going in the sport.

"I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for my parents," she said. "I'm not one of those players who is going to make up excuses like I was sick or injured, none of that. I simply wasn't playing well. I had no motivation. I'm just lucky I had my parents next to me, supporting me, helping me to keep going. It was really tough for me at one stage. The only people I had left was my mom, my dad, my brothers. They were supporting me through this really tough time. Now they're still here with me when I'm succeeding.

"I'm not going to lie. I did drop off the radar a little bit. That's just why it makes the wins that much more sweeter. I'm really grateful to have a wonderful family that supported all these years."

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #3981
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Michelle lost to Knapp.

Old Jun 29th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #3982
country flag M.S.F

M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute M.S.F has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's a bad loss.
Knapp is playing the tournament of her life and 14 aces is a lot for two sets.

Where will she play next?
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #3983
country flag Calliope.
Martina&Roger <3

Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future

Expected loss after a big win. Knapp is playing really well btw. Let's just hope this tournament is a new beginning for Michelle! What about her new ranking?

Larcher de Brito | Giorgi | Bouchard | Goerges | Stephens

Kirilenko | Sharapova | Kvitova | Pennetta | Garcia | Burnett
Azarenka | Wozniacki | McHale | Keys | Puig | Bencic | Italians
Calliope. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #3984
country flag vodnar

vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold vodnar is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope. View Post
Expected loss after a big win. Knapp is playing really well btw. Let's just hope this tournament is a new beginning for Michelle! What about her new ranking?
#98 or #99, depends on, if Pennetta wins.
vodnar is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1st, 2013, 12:59 PM   #3985
country flag Calliope.
Martina&Roger <3

Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future Calliope. has a brilliant future

back into top 100 then good!

Larcher de Brito | Giorgi | Bouchard | Goerges | Stephens

Kirilenko | Sharapova | Kvitova | Pennetta | Garcia | Burnett
Azarenka | Wozniacki | McHale | Keys | Puig | Bencic | Italians
Calliope. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #3986
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

What a fantastic tournament for Michelle, so happy for her. I know she lost to Karin, but still, it was a great week.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Kleybanova _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Goerges _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #3987
country flag mila_mail

mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all mila_mail is a name known to all

what's her next tournament?
Michelle Larcher de Brito
Serena Williams
Venus Williams
mila_mail is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #3988
country flag Rui.

Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute Rui. has a reputation beyond repute
Should be StanFord

Psycho Killer
Qu'est-ce que c'est
fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa fa far better
Run run run run run run run away
Rui. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #3989
country flag Saraya!

Michelle play Quali in Stanford..back to daily buisiness..

Old Jul 17th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #3990
country flag go michelle luv

go michelle luv is a name known to all go michelle luv is a name known to all go michelle luv is a name known to all go michelle luv is a name known to all go michelle luv is a name known to all go michelle luv is a name known to all go michelle luv is a name known to all go michelle luv is a name known to all go michelle luv is a name known to all go michelle luv is a name known to all go michelle luv is a name known to all

hi im new here im michelles biggest fan in bosnia you couldnt imagine how much people like her here btw. this is her calendar qualies stanford 2nd alt to md in washington (will probaly get in) last in qualies for rogers cup and shes on the list for cincinati this week the uso EL will be made dont think she has to play qualies after uso quebec and back to itf so this is her rest of the season and here is a stream for stanford so you can watch all courts http://www.streamingtennis.com/Cardinal/court1.html come onnnnnnn people keep this page alive
go michelle luv is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote