I Don't Think 'Outspoken' Was The Word You Were Looking For To Describe These Women - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #1
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute
I Don't Think 'Outspoken' Was The Word You Were Looking For To Describe These Women

ABC News, I Don't Think 'Outspoken' Was The Word You Were Looking For To Describe These Women

This video is a huge red flag for the lack of progress in America when it comes to interracial couples, but props to "Carlton" for keeping his attitude and interactions positive regardless.

____

That first woman's ignorance is stifling! She's actually crying about something that's none of her business and wouldn't affect her one way or another.

JN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #2
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I Don't Think 'Outspoken' Was The Word You Were Looking For To Describe These Wom

I love these videos. I recently went on a spree and probably watched over twenty of them - the things we do when we're supposed to be studying! Well, the WWYD videos were one of my more worthwhile diversions.
The woman getting weapy is sooooo annoying and pathetic. The older one is horribly misguided and backward but I feel that if she had been born a couple of decades later she'd possibly be a good person. The guy is great to hug her, maybe it's not too late for her to learn something.

This video is probably one of the worst ones but the guy makes it more positive! "Outspoken" is not the right word but I do like how non-confrontational the host is because he gets people to open up and share their true feelings with him, rather than backtracking or anything.

I like these ones the most - they make me teary!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvIDqgyK8fw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egM02ZEHE84

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTEMF5yHJOA

and the poor girl being bullied because of her stammer as well!

Some of the people in this one are GREAT!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMsAVNrKRTk

The guy at the end of this one's such a legend too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hp8GgOtwHwM

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #3
country flag kwilliams

kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute kwilliams has a reputation beyond repute
Re: I Don't Think 'Outspoken' Was The Word You Were Looking For To Describe These Wom

Here's another one about an interracial couple in Dallas. The results are much better

I hadn't seen this one before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XG7FSmdI8U

http://flickr.com/photos/keithmaguire/
kwilliams is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:50 PM   #4
ElusiveChanteuse

ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute ElusiveChanteuse has a reputation beyond repute

"Fake" should be the right word. Look at how the old lady react when she knew it was all an act.
ElusiveChanteuse is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #5
country flag meyerpl

meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute

"No matter what she thought, I was still going to shake her hand. I was still going to hug her because that's how I am."

Very powerful! You can't control other people but you can control how you react to other people and not allow other people's attitudes to control you. That young actor shows great strength and wisdom.

"The noblest work of God? Man. Who found it out? Man." - Mark Twain

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H.L. Menken
meyerpl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #6
country flag Thiudans

Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute Thiudans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerpl View Post
"No matter what she thought, I was still going to shake her hand. I was still going to hug her because that's how I am."

Very powerful! You can't control other people but you can control how you react to other people and not allow other people's attitudes to control you. That young actor shows great strength and wisdom.
I both find it commendable and am uneasy with it. That woman almost said that he was some sort of creature. What was it she said? Something along the lines of "How could she put herself with that?" No sir. And two seconds later she's playing it down? Fair enough, I don't think that he heard her say that, but her whole person is rather clear. Despicable.

On the other hand, hugging her (or whatever he did) really shows how much better a person he is than her I think this outweighs my former thought.
Thiudans is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #7
country flag meyerpl

meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute meyerpl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemurenai View Post
I both find it commendable and am uneasy with it. That woman almost said that he was some sort of creature. What was it she said? Something along the lines of "How could she put herself with that?" No sir. And two seconds later she's playing it down? Fair enough, I don't think that he heard her say that, but her whole person is rather clear. Despicable.

On the other hand, hugging her (or whatever he did) really shows how much better a person he is than her I think this outweighs my former thought.
What's the saying? I'm nice to people because I'm nice, not because they are.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats." - H.L. Menken
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:56 PM   #8
country flag qqgeoxxh

qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of

That was SO shocking. Maybe it shouldn't be, but to hear those words come from their mouths. It's almost stranger than fiction.

Last edited by qqgeoxxh : Jun 2nd, 2014 at 10:19 PM.
qqgeoxxh is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #9
country flag mykarma

mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute mykarma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
ABC News, I Don't Think 'Outspoken' Was The Word You Were Looking For To Describe These Women

This video is a huge red flag for the lack of progress in America when it comes to interracial couples, but props to "Carlton" for keeping his attitude and interactions positive regardless.

____

That first woman's ignorance is stifling! She's actually crying about something that's none of her business and wouldn't affect her one way or another.
Wonder if Helen Lawson will call for a boycott of this show? What cracked me up was when she said that Mexicans were OK.
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 11:45 AM   #10
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute JN has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykarma View Post
Wonder if Helen Lawson will call for a boycott of this show? What cracked me up was when she said that Mexicans were OK.
After his current migraine episode subsides, I'm sure he'll be in here for me to ignore multiple times.

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 08:34 PM   #11
country flag meyerpl

It's a slippery slope. If we let people marry people of other races, the next thing you know we'll be letting people marry other species and children.

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #12
country flag Helen Lawson

Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute Helen Lawson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JN View Post
After his current migraine episode subsides, I'm sure he'll be in here for me to ignore multiple times.
Sorry, it's summer and I'm too busy to deal with a troll who's not Black, not straight, not from Chicago, and doesn't have a son.
Old Jun 29th, 2013, 03:14 AM   #13
country flag JN
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

^
Never fails.
____

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyerpl View Post
It's a slippery slope. If we let people marry people of other races, the next thing you know we'll be letting people marry other species and children.
Sheep are shaking in their boots.