"Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #451
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Law View Post
I do agree with this, Maria and Fed losing has certainly made me feel a bit better

Please win this now Nole

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
It didn't make me feel any better.. just more of an opportunity wasted..

I think Murray is going to win.. and somehow think someone will come out of nowhere to win in the Woman's tournament... even though I hope Serena wins.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #452
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

From a purely technical standpoint.. can anyone explain to me Ana's return stance in this grass season? I really don't get it. How did she come up with it? And WHY? How could that ever be beneficial to her.. or any other player on grass?

I found that, apart from all other horror messes of her game, the one thing I really didn't get.. and that sort of came out of nowhere.. She was standing way inside the court to return and that doesn't make sense to me on the grass. Don't remember Ana returning like that in other years.

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 04:11 AM   #453
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Do Ya think Ana should get an New Coach at this point ? I hoping she can find so form soon

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:55 AM   #454
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
There's no magical wand or magical coach. She's the one who needs to change and, as we know, it won't happen. She has changed so many coaches so far and nothing helped. It's not the coach, it's her. Nigel tried to make her game more stable in the beginning, but that was only in the beginning, he started telling her to wear the pants not long after that. FFS, he's not an idiot, he doesn't ask her to push like a moron, it's her decision. She is gutless and that's it. She feels safer when she's pushing. Her shot selection is laughable, she can't read her opponent's serve at all. She's rushing. That's not about coach, but about her. Whose fault is it that she doesn't have a fitness coach and physio? Whose fault is it that she has a schedule like a top 5 player? Why doesn't she try harder on MMs? Why doesn't she enter Budapest or Palermo? She barely played on grass, she can continue a clay season.

It's really crazy to assume that Nigel doesn't see some pretty obvious things, it can't be that we're all here smarter and better coaches than him. There's no way that he knows nothing about her game and tactics. It simply can't be done with her. She lost some weight again, as I could see. She won't hire a psychologist, she won't get any bigger and stronger, it doesn't look like she wants to work hard. So, what can any coach do there? To spank her? To teach her some responsibility and maturity? It's not in their job's description.

She will fire him, however. She's a lazy and spoiled brat, so she hopes that she can buy a coach who will magically fix her game and brain. Sorry, that's not gonna happen.
And you said everything that needed and i wanted to say for the past 5 years.

im still her fan but i lost my respect for her as a tennis fan. she really needs to get a reality check pronto. shes been a joke of a player for the last 4-5 years and people still treat her as if she has won multiple slams. and especially with her "delusional" answers in her press conference its as laughable as her current game style.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:57 AM   #455
country flag Deestruction
Two-timing...

Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute Deestruction has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Do Ya think Ana should get an New Coach at this point ? I hoping she can find so form soon
At the end of the day no coach can fix her fragile brain of hers. But one can hope that she can choose within herself to improve her game, but other than that, shes just a hopeless joke.

http://deestruction.tumblr.com/
Deestruction is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 03:32 AM   #456
country flag hellas719

hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute hellas719 has a reputation beyond repute

Wasted draw

Wickmayer. Venus. Ivanovic. Cirstea. Halep.
Azarenka. Krajicek. Flipkens. Pironkova. Begu.
Lisicki. Paszek. Vesnina. Pavlyuchenkova. Cornet.
Stephens. Oudin. King. Vandeweghe. McHale.
Grammatikopoulou ~ Papamichail ~ Sakkari
hellas719 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:14 PM   #457
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

So are the Rumor true that Ivanovic and Nigel Sears have parted ways & that she going work with Tatjana Ječmenica just for a little while till she find a coach

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:17 PM   #458
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
So are the Rumor true that Ivanovic and Nigel Sears have parted ways & that she going work with Tatjana Ječmenica just for a little while till she find a coach
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:21 PM   #459
country flag Trey

^ Saw it on twitter ppl are tweets I looking for an link through cause I don't believe tweet but I know some tweets be the true here some tweets

@quaG27 So Tatjana Ječmenica will be temporarily with Ivanovic. Well, good luck with that.

@Barry_Clarke93 Ana Ivanovic and Nigel Sears have parted ways. TBH i kinda saw it coming. Tatjana Ječmenica is to step in
"temporarily"

Ana Ivanovic and Nigel Sears split Tatjana Ječmenica will coach her but only for summer hardcourt Ana said she not in a rush too look for a coach at the moment

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:36 PM   #460
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

I hope so.
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 07:48 PM   #461
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

NID
* M. Sharapova * A. Krunić * V. Williams *

Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 08:03 PM   #462
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
^ Saw it on twitter ppl are tweets I looking for an link through cause I don't believe tweet but I know some tweets be the true here some tweets

@quaG27 So Tatjana Ječmenica will be temporarily with Ivanovic. Well, good luck with that.

@Barry_Clarke93 Ana Ivanovic and Nigel Sears have parted ways. TBH i kinda saw it coming. Tatjana Ječmenica is to step in
"temporarily"

Ana Ivanovic and Nigel Sears split Tatjana Ječmenica will coach her but only for summer hardcourt Ana said she not in a rush too look for a coach at the moment
Thanks for bringing the info!

Well.. we should know soon enough.

But what's up with not being in a rush to look for a coach? That's ridiculous.. same she did when she fired Van Grichen.. spent months and months with Olivier and didn't even bother to look for a coach.. disastrous results of course. I really don't get why she can't use this month to find a permanent new coach.

As for Tatjana Jecmenica.. she was once Fed Cup Captain for Serbia and is a former top 100 player..

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 08:06 PM   #463
Milan.

Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute Milan. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Thanks for bringing the info!

Well.. we should know soon enough.

But what's up with not being in a rush to look for a coach? That's ridiculous.. same she did when she fired Van Grichen.. spent months and months with Olivier and didn't even bother to look for a coach.. disastrous results of course. I really don't get why she can't use this month to find a permanent new coach.

As for Tatjana Jecmenica.. she was once Fed Cup Captain for Serbia and is a former top 100 player..
Tatjana is coaching kids in her home town Novi Sad. Maybe she will be good coach ?
* M. Sharapova * A. Krunić * V. Williams *

Milan. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 08:12 PM   #464
country flag Curtos07

Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute Curtos07 has a reputation beyond repute

New coach, same results. That is what I am predicting. It's like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic at this point.
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 08:13 PM   #465
country flag gaviotabr

I guess this means Ana has given up on this season... will ride along next few months and then search for a coach during off season. As if she has all the time in the world..