Tennis Forum banner

Aleksandra Krunic

343K views 3K replies 177 participants last post by  Youzou 
#1 ·

Date of Birth: 15.3.1993. (Moscow)

Young Aleksandra living and training currently in Moscow (where she is borned) but will represent Serbia where she already compete and won under-12, under-14 and under-16 National Championships titles in past. Right now she is one of TOP10 ranked 1993 juniors in world (TOP150 overall in under-18 ITF junior competition) and together with 1991 Bojana Jovanovski she is right now most promising Serbian young WTA prospect and "player to watch" in global, not only in Serbia. She is also one of most promising young members of famouos Spartak Moscow tennis school and she won Russian Under-16 championship this year.

I know that is too early to talking about her senior-career future but so far juniors career of this girl is very promising and deserve to be mentoned. She is litle "out of radars" in Serbia b/c living in Moscow and maybe "out of radars" in Russia b/c she is Serbian player but she is maybe bigger prospect than other Serbian promising youngsters (Jovanovski, Curovic) or any of several 1993 upcoming players from Russia.

See less See more
Reactions: Shvedbarilescu
#1,071 ·
I have to criticize Aleksandra for playing a 25k. Winning or losing it, it doesn't matter at all, it won't do anything to her ranking. She can become a top player only if she switches to higher tournaments and starts facing top players more often. Playing some random, local bitches won't give her any experience.
Win this at least.

#1,073 ·
I agree, it is good for confidance, but she was winning 25ks(and a 50 to) when she was 17, she should concentrate more stronger ITFs, and especialy with Internationals, she is top 150 damn it, 25 wont give her much. In past few years she played like 5 touraments per year that are bigger than 25s!

#1,078 ·
She lost to Shapatava :facepalm: She did it on purpose so she can go to qualies FOR Nurnberg slam... I hope she and JJ will play doubkes there!

#1,085 ·
Don't approve her decision. She needs to play more Top 200 and Top 100 players so she gets used to play against them.
I know she hasn't that powerful serve but she is short can pick the ball early on and play solid grass tennis and don't jump up when she hits a simple fh against other players. Hope she will improve but this ITF way won't get her far.

#1,086 ·
Yeah, you're right Schteta:eek: She made the wrong decision one more time IMO :eek:

#1,090 ·
Playing Babos in r1:tape:
3.6 first set
Babos led 4-1, then Alex broke back for 3-4, but lost next two games
In second set she had break lead and 4-3, and now iti is 4-4

There is a stream...