Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass - Page 49 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:11 AM   #721
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

And 2012 remains the only year where Maria made it to back to back Grand Slam finals in the same season.

Here's a quote from Maria from one of her old Doodles after her shock loss to Radwanska at the 2007 US Open. It seems appropriate today.

"Anyways I know it's just as tough for my fans to handle my losses as it is for me, but let me point something out....

I didn't leave my mom at the age of 7 for nothing.
I didn't spend 6 hours a day practicing in the Florida sun at the age of 9 for nothing.
I didn't spend those extra hours on the back courts with my dad figuring out if I'm going to play right-handed or left-handed for nothing.
I didn't sleep in little cods for 3 years eating oatmeal out of a packet, while playing ITF's in the middle of nowhere for nothing.
And I certainly didn't sit at the kitchen table, way past dinner, perfecting Russian essays and math equations until they met my mother's standards, for nothing.

All this has helped me build character and there's no greater asset than being able to stand up for yourself.
No matter how many losses I will have in my career, I will always know what has brought me to this point.....and that's hard work.
I know that I have become a well known name around the world, therefore my losses are a bigger deal than my wins but don't forget that everyone makes mistakes and everyone has their down moments....this is not the first time and realistically won't be the last.
Looking forward to getting myself up there again."

Maria

I wonder if she feels that same hunger and desire to overcome these kinds of tough losses now as she did back then. 6 years is a long time in tennis and she has so many more interests these days. Only time will tell.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #722
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
And 2012 remains the only year where Maria made it to back to back Grand Slam finals in the same season.

Here's a quote from Maria from one of her old Doodles after her shock loss to Radwanska at the 2007 US Open. It seems appropriate today.

"Anyways I know it's just as tough for my fans to handle my losses as it is for me, but let me point something out....

I didn't leave my mom at the age of 7 for nothing.
I didn't spend 6 hours a day practicing in the Florida sun at the age of 9 for nothing.
I didn't spend those extra hours on the back courts with my dad figuring out if I'm going to play right-handed or left-handed for nothing.
I didn't sleep in little cods for 3 years eating oatmeal out of a packet, while playing ITF's in the middle of nowhere for nothing.
And I certainly didn't sit at the kitchen table, way past dinner, perfecting Russian essays and math equations until they met my mother's standards, for nothing.

All this has helped me build character and there's no greater asset than being able to stand up for yourself.
No matter how many losses I will have in my career, I will always know what has brought me to this point.....and that's hard work.
I know that I have become a well known name around the world, therefore my losses are a bigger deal than my wins but don't forget that everyone makes mistakes and everyone has their down moments....this is not the first time and realistically won't be the last.
Looking forward to getting myself up there again."

Maria

I wonder if she feels that same hunger and desire to overcome these kinds of tough losses now as she did back then. 6 years is a long time in tennis and she has so many more interests these days. Only time will tell.
i have never read this before and this has made me feel so much better

i can sleep semi-soundly now
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #723
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

I am so pissed off and frustrated. She just didnt have a right to lose to that nobody...recent years she was always able to find some ways to win her matches even against top players and i am not talking about paesants...I just dont know what happened to her yestaerday, only explanation is that grass is tough for her these days with a deep ride on the clay and w/o extra grass match practice...now I really dont know what to expect from her during US series...
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:24 AM   #724
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I have to convince myself not to believe in anything ever again.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:39 AM   #725
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

i don't think it's fair for you guys if i didn't watch the whole match so im gonna watch it
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #726
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
i don't think it's fair for you guys if i didn't watch the whole match so im gonna watch it
NO, DON'T, DON'T PLEASE.

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:44 AM   #727
country flag Trih

I swear if I don't see her like this at USO...

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:45 AM   #728
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

is it true maria will be #2 again???
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #729
country flag crotennis2

crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light crotennis2 is a glorious beacon of light

Reaction in here has been mixed so if there was going to happen this loss. Some do not know much and say the Portugal girl was not so good, but this is not true. Every player will go up in their game to play Maria and it is hard to always face up this. Maria will fight again.
crotennis2 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:49 AM   #730
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
She is N2 and will be N2 for USO I think.
Vika had SF to defend and she will probably play 1 event during the HC series.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #731
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

hmm how can Maria make this up???

Beating Vika on a hard court grand slam? i think so
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:52 AM   #732
country flag Trih

Quote:
is it true maria will be #2 again???
I think she would be N2 the moment Vika retired, regardless of how deep she would go here. But what good is it to be N2 if she can fall like that?

I was really getting my hopes high for this, because I somehow thought about how hard it is to make the RG/Wim double EVEN for Serena and she could have a bad day losing to someone before the final. And Maria had to take advantage of that.
And then....

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:54 AM   #733
country flag Trih

Quote:
hmm how can Maria make this up???

Beating Vika on a hard court grand slam? i think so
I don't care anymore if she beats Vika or not. She just beat her in RG, I couldn't care less if she beat her or not on a HC... unless she wins the title.
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:56 AM   #734
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Nah i'm still not done with Vika. she needs to be get destroyed by Maria a few more times especially on a hard court GS.

AO 2012 missed opportunity for a GS and another one now....
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #735
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Nah i'm still not done with Vika. she needs to be get destroyed by Maria a few more times especially on a hard court GS.

AO 2012 missed opportunity for a GS and another one now....
I stopped counting the missed opportunities for majors and big titles since a long time ago Wimbledon 2011, OZ 2012, FO 2011, Miami 2011 and 2012.
Majors and tournaments where Serena wasn't even there or losing earlier and still Maria always found a way to lose, and of course when she decides to play better and go deep in tournaments now she ends up playing Serena all the time, YEC, Miami, Madrid, FO.

This is the story of Maria's career.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote