Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:03 AM   #706
country flag Charlatan
Diabolical

Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute Charlatan has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

I don't really like to read into anything too much. It's a bad loss but this is the first tournament since Wimbledon last year that she lost before the QF.

Apart from her random loss to Stosur at Tokyo QF, she lost to Azarenka 2 times, to Serena 5 times and to Li once in a stretch of one year period until this loss. For me, this is one of those bad days at the office and playing against an inspired opponent doesn't help either. Like Razzano-Serena R1 situation.

But I do agree she needs something more in her game. Since her comeback, when her serve is on, her return is off and vice versa. Very rare to see both working at the same time. I want her to get almost Lindsay-like consistency on serve and return.

Plus, I don't like her backhand AT ALL. It used to her money shot. Backhand out wide stretch, crosscourt and bam, the point is over. It used to be that good, but it looks so average like a rally shot these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
A 2 minute clip of her missed returns... Nearly all are 2nd serves.

Bad returning
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kairi View Post
I hope its both.
Oh
Charlatan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #707
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
When you watch how error-prone she is with her groundstrokes and returns, you have to think it must be a mechanical issue. Whether it's her arms, her footwork, or bad timing, the lack of consistency is hurting her. Not just today, but in many matches against Serena, Vika, and Li that she lost and even matches that she won.

She needs to find something that can continue to separate herself from other players. And not just her will and "fighting spirit". Her game needs something. And since we know many other players have superior movement and athleticism and equal or better power, I think Maria needs to find consistent accuracy to give her an advantage. But with her high risk game, that's the conundrum. How does she find that happy medium of retaining her power, but still having a good enough margin for error with her shots.

She needs to find it because, as we've seen in many big matches, when her shots go off, they really collapse and she turns into an extremely average player who can get routined by anyone. She can't rely on anything else, so she needs those groundies and return to be there. As much good as Thomas has done for her, I see these parts of her game deteriorating and needs to be addressed as quickly as possible if she wants to remain a top 5 player in the next 3 years.
3 years? Lets just focus on the rest of 2013 first.

Her movement is fine. She will never move like Vika, more power than Serena. But what she has been improving and improving with Thomas in terms of defence. She is indeed a better and professional tennis player after partnering with Thomas. I am sure she will bounce back in US.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:07 AM   #708
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

This is circa 2008/2010. Doesn't matter how well MLDB played, Maria shouldn't be losing to someone of her caliber. The not ready thing is a lie, she said at the start of the year that Wimbledon was her priority. Not sure what to say. No words.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:09 AM   #709
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeMashabator View Post
I don't really like to read into anything too much. It's a bad loss but this is the first tournament since Wimbledon last year that she lost before the QF.

Apart from her random loss to Stosur at Tokyo QF, she lost to Azarenka 2 times, to Serena 5 times and to Li once in a stretch of one year period until this loss. For me, this is one of those bad days at the office and playing against an inspired opponent doesn't help either. Like Razzano-Serena R1 situation.

But I do agree she needs something more in her game. Since her comeback, when her serve is on, her return is off and vice versa. Very rare to see both working at the same time. I want her to get almost Lindsay-like consistency on serve and return.

Plus, I don't like her backhand AT ALL. It used to her money shot. Backhand out wide stretch, crosscourt and bam, the point is over. It used to be that good, but it looks so average like a rally shot these days.

She fell three times with that shot, don't you think it's bothering her mind that she might injure herself hitting the cross court on the run. Did you see how de brito kept hitting the balls to her backhand corner? She didn't even think about DTL just cc then Maria will hit a weak shot to set up her chance.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:41 AM   #710
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Maria............
gurl bye.

i can't even....
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:44 AM   #711
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieOwen3 View Post
I was so fucking frustrated with her return today. The ones on break points

A 2 minute clip of her missed returns... Nearly all are 2nd serves.

Bad returning

This doesn't include the second shots misses she had which were also frustrating.
Lol, no wonder she lost.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:48 AM   #712
country flag Fool

Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice

So this has got to be the first time that five former number ones were eliminated on the same day, right?
Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #713
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

it's amazing how much a tennis player can affect my life.
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 03:22 AM   #714
country flag azi

azi is a name known to all azi is a name known to all azi is a name known to all azi is a name known to all azi is a name known to all azi is a name known to all azi is a name known to all azi is a name known to all azi is a name known to all azi is a name known to all azi is a name known to all

Hey guys!
Nothing much I can say about Maria's lost, she was beaten convincingly by an otherwise inspired opponent who will most likely lost the next round as is the usual case for lower ranked players who scored a major upset.

I really think that lack of competitive match practice on grass is the reason for this bad lost but I would like to think that Maria & her team will go back to their drawing table to reassess what went wrong and to make some adjustments.

I just hope that whatever is going on with her love life and other issues that she was dragged into recently are not the reason why she lost focus on her game.

Maria Sharapova

Last edited by azi : Jun 27th, 2013 at 03:27 AM.
azi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 03:38 AM   #715
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

But really though. I'd say yesterday was one of the worst days of tennis I can remember . So glad I was unable to witness any of that Hell. I can't imagine what's going on in GM and I'm not about to find out. I am going to erase this tournament from my mind, pretend it never happened (thanks Sri Lanka ). Maria needs to take this time off to really get her shit together, because right now, based off of what I read on Twitter during her match and on here, she is regressing to dangerous scrub levels. The way she was completely unable to hit her shots, hitting into the net and flopping on every second serve return is just unacceptable.

I guess bring on the hard courts?

Last edited by TrollPova : Jun 27th, 2013 at 03:43 AM.
TrollPova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #716
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I wish I could turn my heart into stone and don't have a feeling ever again. Sadness left place to bitterness now.
I'm disgusted.

How can I find the strength to watch a tennis match today?
I want and I don't at the same time... If I watch I'll hope anyone falls/loses/bad things happen. If I don't, I'll have regrets of not having watched my favourite tournament.

Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 05:30 AM   #717
country flag Pops Maellard
Hot Messes Need Love

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Noooooo. Really?! De Brito?! That girl who can't win matches for years?

I am shocked and disgusted.

Maria
Venus
ANA
Petra
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 05:52 AM   #718
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Fck me
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:01 AM   #719
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

I'm feeling so like USO11.. Exact same way.. It's just gotten beyond tennis, it's my fault I don't have anything else to be happy for than that. I hate my life.
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:10 AM   #720
country flag Trih

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=137
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=932
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=463