"Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon - Page 30 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #436
country flag stegall

stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all stegall is a name known to all
Re: "Grass is still grass" 2013. Eastbourne + Wimbledon

Federer just lost too wow . What a day.
stegall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #437
country flag dogwonder24

dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute dogwonder24 has a reputation beyond repute

There are so many seeds who have flunked out of Wimbledon, both men and women. We can truly say that either Djokovic or Murray will win the men's title and Serena will win the women's title. As of Ana, even though she lost in the 2nd round, I still believe in her after all her failures. You know why? She has potential. Someone needs to motivate and develop her. At an age of 25, there is still time left. A true fan of Ana also endures her failures, not just her and her team. Many people here have turned their backs on Ana, I respect your opinion. The way Ana showed herself on CC, was so disappointing, we felt that all, didn't we? But that doesn't mean we should stop believing on her, she needs a new motivator, maybe a coach, it's all in her decision.

I'm just here to support even after all the setbacks and trials of Ana, and I believe, even though she will not qualify for YEC, she can finish the year breaking into the top 10.
dogwonder24 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #438
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone think that playing on CC had a bad effect on Ana? I think it did. When I saw she was being moved to CC, I got such a bad feeling.

I guess the positive is that she didn't fall and injure herself like so many others.

Making mistakes is human, repeating them is dumb.

What I write is my opinion, and my opinion only.
gaviotabr is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #439
country flag Vasa

Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all Vasa is a name known to all

VERY POSITIVE it just wasn't her day to play tennis...
Vasa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #440
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajka View Post
There's no magical wand or magical coach. She's the one who needs to change and, as we know, it won't happen. She has changed so many coaches so far and nothing helped. It's not the coach, it's her. Nigel tried to make her game more stable in the beginning, but that was only in the beginning, he started telling her to wear the pants not long after that. FFS, he's not an idiot, he doesn't ask her to push like a moron, it's her decision. She is gutless and that's it. She feels safer when she's pushing. Her shot selection is laughable, she can't read her opponent's serve at all. She's rushing. That's not about coach, but about her. Whose fault is it that she doesn't have a fitness coach and physio? Whose fault is it that she has a schedule like a top 5 player? Why doesn't she try harder on MMs? Why doesn't she enter Budapest or Palermo? She barely played on grass, she can continue a clay season.

It's really crazy to assume that Nigel doesn't see some pretty obvious things, it can't be that we're all here smarter and better coaches than him. There's no way that he knows nothing about her game and tactics. It simply can't be done with her. She lost some weight again, as I could see. She won't hire a psychologist, she won't get any bigger and stronger, it doesn't look like she wants to work hard. So, what can any coach do there? To spank her? To teach her some responsibility and maturity? It's not in their job's description.

She will fire him, however. She's a lazy and spoiled brat, so she hopes that she can buy a coach who will magically fix her game and brain. Sorry, that's not gonna happen.
I completely agree, there's only so much Nigel can be responsible for.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #441
Gentleman

Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute Gentleman has a reputation beyond repute

Ana please sign up for another tournament before Carlsbad, it is one entire month without competing, it is too long...

However, on her site it says next tournament is Carlsbad.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #442
country flag The 2nd Law

The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute The 2nd Law has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
Does anyone think that playing on CC had a bad effect on Ana? I think it did. When I saw she was being moved to CC, I got such a bad feeling.

I guess the positive is that she didn't fall and injure herself like so many others.
She has been a pro for so many years now, her match getting moved to CC should have zero effect on the way she plays.

It's wrong of people in here to tell us we're turning our backs on her. The effort and the attitude she consistently displays is just unacceptable. I will always follow her, I come back to this forum after every disaster eventually, but I don't have the time to invest the same energy into supporting her anymore when quite frankly, she gives me little enjoyment in return. I will always be waiting, until she retires, to see her again playing with the same attitude and game that captivates me every time I see it. I won't expect it though, I'm not stupid.

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:05 PM   #443
country flag gaviotabr

gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute gaviotabr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2nd Law View Post
She has been a pro for so many years now, her match getting moved to CC should have zero effect on the way she plays.

It's wrong of people in here to tell us we're turning our backs on her. The effort and the attitude she consistently displays is just unacceptable. I will always follow her, I come back to this forum after every disaster eventually, but I don't have the time to invest the same energy into supporting her anymore when quite frankly, she gives me little enjoyment in return. I will always be waiting, until she retires, to see her again playing with the same attitude and game that captivates me every time I see it. I won't expect it though, I'm not stupid.

Should have zero effect.. but somehow I feel like it does have an effect..

I agree with all the rest of it.. we can't be 100% positive when Ana gives us no reason to be.. We keep hoping, because hope is the last to die.. and we keep coming around.. but its getting harder and harder to be as invested.. or have faith.

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:21 PM   #444
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Ana's loss now seems like far away, gone and lost, so much other shint happened later, everything now a mess.
Linguae^ is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:23 PM   #445
country flag The 2nd Law

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linguae^ View Post
Ana's loss now seems like far away, gone and lost, so much other shint happened later, everything now a mess.
I do agree with this, Maria and Fed losing has certainly made me feel a bit better

Please win this now Nole

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #446
country flag Linguae^

Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future Linguae^ has a brilliant future

Quote:
I do agree with this, Maria and Fed losing has certainly made me feel a bit better

Please win this now Nole

Don't even mention Nole's name now, don't even mention any of the favourites left.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #447
country flag Cajka

Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute Cajka has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaviotabr View Post
First thing Nigel said he would do was to desconstruct Ana's FH to make her hit it with way more spin. That he thought that was a necessary move to make her game more stable and less prone to errors. HE SAID THIS. Words that came out of his mouth. It killed her FH.

Even great coaches make mistakes Tanja. Maybe Nigel thought, in all earnest, that Ana could play like he envisioned.. consistency and agression. By his own words, that's the future of tennis. She can't. So it could've been the right game path for a bunch of players, but it wasn't for her.

So you are saying that just because Nigel is such a great and experienced coach he never made a mistake in his whole life? He never had an idea that didn't work? That's being way naive my friend.
What you're describing is not how she plays. I remember seeing her trying to add some spin, while it was never a true spin, it worked better than this crap. She doesn't add any spin, her fh is not loopy. She's simply pushing. She's a coward Btw, if it was really him who made a mistake, how long would it take him to realize that it's the wrong way. A month, two, six months at most... Not two years. If we believe that it takes him two years to realize she can't play like Hingis, then well... Option #1 He's incredibly stupid man. I tell you, Izzy, if I could make my 91 years old grandpa follow tennis, he would realize some things like... Ana is tall, slow... she can't play a defensive game. Option #2 We are deluded to think that we see something he doesn't and we're more deluded to believe that we would coach her better. I know which answer I'd choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Daniel View Post
Ok Cajka I understand your anger, but you know that after all we will stick together to support Ana again. We love her too much. There are huge problems, that is obvious, but Nigel has to go. Whatever is problem, even if it's just Ana, there is no reason keeping him as a coach anymore. He did his job, it worked sometimes, but mostly didn't and that is that.
She will fire him after USO, it's a safe bet. But it won't make any changes. She'll be coachless for months, she'll be insecure and she'll be losing early to everyone. Then she'll find someone who'll make her have 2 good runs a year, she'll stay top 30 until she retires.

Quote:
Yes, it's hilarious to think that a veteran has a problem with that, but a teen is capable to adjust with no problem. Bunch of funny excuses. Oh, is it CC, will she adjust now? Oh, the rain delay, will poor Ana suffer.... Oh, the grass isn't worn out yet, poor Ana. FFS, she's 25. I can't help it, I roll my eyes every time I read something like that. Let's count when her period should start. Who knows, that PMS is a nasty thing and Ana is so fragile and sensitive. Perhaps her new boyfriend won't call her, it could upset her...

Seriously. No excuses. There are 42 old women, playing and winning... mothers, players who dealt with terrible personal issues, injuries, diseases. No excuse for Ana. Wind, CC, rain delay, awful schedule.... It's same for your opponent, deal with it.
ПАРТИЗАН ШАМПИОН!!!
Cajka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #448
country flag Alycia.

Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of Alycia. has much to be proud of

Ana's quote: "I just have to work hard and be ready for next tournament."

Always the same.
Alycia. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:16 AM   #449
country flag gaviotabr

Quote:
What you're describing is not how she plays. I remember seeing her trying to add some spin, while it was never a true spin, it worked better than this crap. She doesn't add any spin, her fh is not loopy. She's simply pushing. She's a coward Btw, if it was really him who made a mistake, how long would it take him to realize that it's the wrong way. A month, two, six months at most... Not two years. If we believe that it takes him two years to realize she can't play like Hingis, then well... Option #1 He's incredibly stupid man. I tell you, Izzy, if I could make my 91 years old grandpa follow tennis, he would realize some things like... Ana is tall, slow... she can't play a defensive game. Option #2 We are deluded to think that we see something he doesn't and we're more deluded to believe that we would coach her better. I know which answer I'd choose.
Well.. we can agree to disagree. Its not about realizing things or not. Nigel obviously never meant for Ana to push.. but he wanted her to play what he, himself, his words, called "the modern game". According to him, Ana should and is able to play a game that is about consistency and agression. Deep shots with spin to keep it inside the court. I'm not saying it takes 2 years for him to realize that Ana can't play like Hingis. That's not how he wanted her to play... he envisioned a game path for her game and has been sticking by it.. trying to make it work. Obviously when he first started out in this path he truly thought Ana was able to play it.. Maybe he still thinks, and blames the failures in Ana not being able to execute. Its clear the game path they took.. its not about being defensive, its consistency and aggression.. the thing is, its not Ana's natural game... Nigel thought Ana could adapt.. its the clear path he took.. if you can't see it.. He never meant for Ana to push, but the things they worked on her game ended up leading her to that. And he might have realized things haven't gone right.. but it would be hard to go opposite ways, as his conviction of the modern game (as he described it), is the opposite of what Ana's game once was when it was good.

No, I'm not saying that we would coach Ana better.. maybe our vision of her own game wouldn't work either.. But that doesn't make Nigel's vision any more right or successful. I just think that even if Ana was executing this game path to perfection, which she obviously isn't, it would still not be any good as it negates all of her weapons.

Sure, Ana might be a coward.. but she wouldn't be pushing SO much on the FH if she had any confidence in it.. maybe, just maybe, her total lack of belief in her FH comes from the fact that it got so messed up by so many coaches, and more by Nigel desconstructing it to add spin (according to his own words), that it just doesn't feel comfortable to hit. One thing leads to another. Ana's shots didn't simply become so harmless just because she is a coward on court.

And delusion is to think that just because Nigel is an experienced coach he can do no wrong and just knows better.. everyone makes mistakes.. and some mistakes have consequences that sometimes are even harder to fix.

I don't blame it on Nigel.. Its all Ana's fault. But he hasn't been helping at all.. and has lead her game to harmless ways.. Ana's game is more harmless now than at the depth of her slump days. She used to win matches on her own racquet.. now she wins by opponents mistakes. Matches are hardly on Ana's racket these days.. hardly. As Sam Smith said.. "when Ana came on to the tour she used to decide matches.. but lately its all on opponents' rackets when I see her play.. they are doing the winners and the errors..".

And a coach who doesn't help in anyway serves for what? 5 more years with Nigel will lead to more of the same or an even more harmless game.. Maybe she can have other 5 coaches and none will have any good effect because Ana just doesn't have it in her anymore. But at least it would be some sort of an attempt... with Nigel its like giving up for good.

Quote:
She will fire him after USO, it's a safe bet. But it won't make any changes. She'll be coachless for months, she'll be insecure and she'll be losing early to everyone. Then she'll find someone who'll make her have 2 good runs a year, she'll stay top 30 until she retires.
She won't fire Nigel.. He enables her.. As for the rest.. most probably.

Quote:
Yes, it's hilarious to think that a veteran has a problem with that, but a teen is capable to adjust with no problem. Bunch of funny excuses. Oh, is it CC, will she adjust now? Oh, the rain delay, will poor Ana suffer.... Oh, the grass isn't worn out yet, poor Ana. FFS, she's 25. I can't help it, I roll my eyes every time I read something like that. Let's count when her period should start. Who knows, that PMS is a nasty thing and Ana is so fragile and sensitive. Perhaps her new boyfriend won't call her, it could upset her...

Seriously. No excuses. There are 42 old women, playing and winning... mothers, players who dealt with terrible personal issues, injuries, diseases. No excuse for Ana. Wind, CC, rain delay, awful schedule.... It's same for your opponent, deal with it.
Its really hilarious that a veteran like Ana has a problem with these things.. but she does have it. She lets all that mess her head even more than its already messed. What does that say about her?

And this is not an excuse at all.. its just another element that speaks volumes of Ana's effed up psyche.

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #450
country flag Linguae^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycia. View Post
Ana's quote: "I just have to work hard and be ready for next tournament."
beca
That's the point when everyone wants to slap her, but this is basically a good sentence, because, you know, 'working hard', it's, I mean, good?