Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #106
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of
Re: Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams

omg, my favourite GS is a mess this year
Tennis Tipping :#239, Suicide Tennis: #127, PAW: #108, Tipping: #56, FITD: #188

Won in 2014
Tennis Triathlon: Acapulco
Suicide Tennis: Charleston
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #107
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

they better cancel wimbledon this year hhahahaha

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #108
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

my god, JJ and Roger out
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #109
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Somewhere RG is laughing so much right now
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:30 PM   #110
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

this day is realy shit ; im afraid may be roger will call it a career at the end of the year or he might play one more season or half season

history

Danceney is back !!!
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #111
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

from my favourites only Kvitova and Cepelova left, please Petra, take that title somehow
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #112
country flag Kon.

Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute Kon. has a reputation beyond repute

This day is so bad it's hilarious.
Kon. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #113
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha122 View Post
this day is realy shit ; im afraid may be roger will call it a career at the end of the year or he might play one more season or half season
I really want he will win one more GS but it's hard now. His serve is ok now but his game is no where near his best (I know he's older but it still hurts)
Tennis Tipping :#239, Suicide Tennis: #127, PAW: #108, Tipping: #56, FITD: #188

Won in 2014
Tennis Triathlon: Acapulco
Suicide Tennis: Charleston
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #114
country flag masha122

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crux Squall View Post
I really want he will win one more GS but it's hard now. His serve is ok now but his game is no where near his best (I know he's older but it still hurts)
yes im realy feeling bad roger and maria in one day it's too much

history

Danceney is back !!!
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #115
country flag HowardH

HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute HowardH has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by masha122 View Post
Most likely he will play one more season until next Wimbledon. If he doesn't win Wimbledon next year or some other slam, probably he will retire with his final match being at Wimbledon. Unless his mindset is in quite a different place than what I believe. I don't believe he desires the gold medal enough to keep playing till Rio, but I could be wrong. I presume that slams are the only thing that matter to him, and he probably considers Wimbledon centre court to be the perfect place to retire his career, but he won't want to retire on this note- he'll definitely give Wimbledon another go.

Edit: according to his interview Roger says he intends to play for many years to come. I think that means Rio is on the cards.

I also think Roger was carrying some kind of slight injury. There were quite a few moments when you could see he wasn't running seriously or making the last bend to a ball after running there. He hid it quite well though.

With so many odd results the conditions definitely removed some of the advantage the top players have over the lower players today. Most likely the footing being less sure was a key factor, and maybe the ball was skidding a little.

Last edited by HowardH : Jun 27th, 2013 at 12:20 AM.
HowardH is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #116
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

what a mess today, federer

JJ

glad giorgi won

i hope shitra can make to the finals

i wan't now lisicki - kvitova final

and male, haas-browm haas to win

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 11:10 PM   #117
country flag Advantage Me

Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all Advantage Me is a name known to all

If Petra can play like she did against Maria in the final few years back, she can beat Serena. Or someone else like Li just might. Something tells me Serena will not be the champion this year. With Maria and Vika gone will she be as hungry? She only plays her best tennis against these two.
Advantage Me is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 03:35 AM   #118
country flag FlopPoova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute FlopPoova has a reputation beyond repute

et tu, Roger?

All I have to say is...Fuck Wimbledon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
I wonder why your avatar is a photo of her at some fashion event then, instead of one in a tennis dress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathanael View Post
Most of us here make more than 1 Million a year...that is why most of us like tennis. It is a sport for the rich.
FlopPoova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #119
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Just read about Roger too . Damn, Roger's QF or better streak ends, Rafa loses 1R in a slam for the first time, Maria, all the injuries and withdrawals.

This is one crazy Wimbledon . WTF is going on over there?

Come Along If You Need A Break From Tennis, But Want To Stay On TF.
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 07:04 AM   #120
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

^ The surface is slippery. Not allowing players to practice on the two main courts before the tournament is silly. And I hate to keep honing in on this, but giving players just two weeks to prepare for Wimbledon after a long clay court season is going to continue to have bad effects on this tournament. The game is different now. The top players are going deep in every event on every type of surface. Expecting them to be ready to play a major on a complete opposite surface two weeks later is absurd. Players are too good on every surface, and the game is more athletic than ever. Something needs to change.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote