Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass - Page 43 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #631
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

That's why I dreamed about Dulko last night

Maria

De Brito really struck the ball so well, and did not give Maria time to prepare at all. I really predicted it'd be a mess, but this is just too much.

Anyway, you gotta win some and lose some; hopefully, she'll do well for the rest of the year.

I'm happy for De Brito, though. She just wanted it so bad. Another losing h-2-h to the youngster––Oudin and now this

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #632
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Maria is really unlucky at Wimbledon though it's not just the surface. Had she played on another court today she would have won and last year + this one as well she faced inspired opponents while not at her best. I think except the fall scares another factor was she just didn't expect her opponent to play so well, it took her by surprise and when she managed to up her level it was too late. In the first round she expected a tough opponent so she was focused from the beginning. In her PC she said "I wasn't there" that's what she said as well after the AO loss so I guess she needs to work on that.
That kind of comment makes no sense to me. But only Maria herself knows what goes on inside her own head.

This is WIMBLEDON. The biggest tournament in tennis. Maria's self-proclaimed favorite. The one where she was placing extra-emphasis on to do well at this year. From the early press conferences and her practice sessions, she seemed like she was in good spirits, confident, and focused. So all of sudden, in a second round match, her mind is gone? Just like that?

What was all the preparation for?

I guess Maria was at a loss to explain it herself because I'm sure she's still in shock over what happened. So I guess she deserves a pass on that kind of comment.

As far as the rest of the tournament goes, Serena had better go and win it. I don't want to deal with some ultra-lucky player being gifted this title if Serena were to somehow get injured or get stunned. Imagine if Radwanska was that player.

Honestly, I guess I'd also be fine if Li won it. She was in the Aussie final and has had moments of good play this year. Petra has sucked all year. She doesn't deserve this kind of title. Stosur? No. Jankovic? I don't think so.

Serena had better do her thing or I'm going to be even more upset.
Mexicola is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #633
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Well, the good thing is than next year she has few points to defend

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #634
country flag masha122

masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all masha122 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by **mashafierce** View Post
I just came home to find this result. I cant believe what I am reading. How did she lose. why?
nothing worked + shitty court

26/06/2013 the cursed wednesday in wimbledon and tennis
history

Danceney is back !!!
masha122 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #635
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
Well, the good thing is than next year she has few points to defend
That was the good thing last year as well
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:52 PM   #636
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Im done with this Wimbledon . Nadal,Sharapova,Azarenka,Wozniacki,Tsonga,Isner all out, Roger is trailing 2-0 in sets . Now all we need is Serena to lose early.
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #637
Mrs. Dimitrova
#CareerSlamPova

Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute Mrs. Dimitrova has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry but some of you need to take a break.
Mrs. Dimitrova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:10 PM   #638
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #639
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiercepova View Post
I think I just stood next to Chris in the autograph signing area Not so sure therefore didn't call his name That guy also wears the court no.2 wristband..

And I just got Maria and Legend's autographs So happyyyy
OMG WHAT!?
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:40 PM   #640
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

I gotta say, as hilarious and crazy as this day has been, it has proven something to me. Despite both sorrow and joy, that feeling, when it's a tight match, on the verge of a big upset that might or might not happen, and when you are so invested in the match, cheering and rooting for your player or an upset.... There is nothing quite like it. And that is probably one of the major reasons why I watch this beautiful game. So Wimbly, thank you for reminding me of the greatness of this game

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you

Last edited by Tennisvampire : Jun 26th, 2013 at 07:52 PM.
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #641
Forever Sharapova.

All I'm gonna say about this match is.

1. I'm devasted
2. You don't know what it feels like to watch your fave lose in person, until you do
3. Michelle didn't miss. Played beyond superb, and basically beat Masha at her own game
4. The slips shook Masha, she clung to her hip a lot and stretched it during points
5. Masha's ROS was, well, fucking awful. Michelle managed to bounce back 107mph bombs, Masha flopped on 87mph slice serves
6. When Michelle came outside of the court she literally signed every single thing thrust upon her, was lovely to see
7. I was sat opposite Cherry
8. I tried to shout as loud as I could. I did a lot of 'KAMAN MASHA/MARIA' and pre-mature kaman's before anyone else I also accidentally shouted out mid-point
9. The 4-3 game. WHAT A FUCKING WASTE. All the momentum - flopped
10. The final game, WOW. I was hysterical, Masha was fighting like a warrior. She was just so so unclutch today and was truly outplayed

All in all, devastated. But I'll be writing up my hilarious/positive moments from Wimbledon soon. Including seeing Na's husband, watching Grigor practice, getting Noles autograph and stanning for Errani/Vinci playing doubles
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #642
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Even Federer lost.
This Wimbledon is the biggest flop in the history of the tournament.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #643
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

The thing is Maria, as Chelsea Handler put it, is a big bitch. Her body mass will cause greater momentum, and make her slip and fell down, more easily than her opponent. I think that threw Maria's focus off, too. She likes to have control of the match, but she couldn't control the surface––a major factor of the game. But no excuse.

However, seeing so many top-seeded players fell like flies also make Maria's loss more comforting. So much fuckery in only few days.

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #644
Forever Sharapova.

I was really devastated though
like Fiercepova said, after she lost I walked out of the stadium feeling really numb. Me and Cherry were texting with disbelief and it put me off watching anymore tennis. Luckily I had to go because my friend was getting a train back home. Thank fuck she lost later in the day because I would've been suicidal otherwise
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #645
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

All three GSs this year have been flops in my opinion not too many good matches. USO better be EPIC to make up for it.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote