On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 329 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 25th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #4921
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Game, set, match Miss Wozniacki.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 26th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #4922
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Go watch the Wimbledon Day 1 Highlights video and listen to the umpire's announcement at 3:24
http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/inter...ultimedia.html
My antiquated,Pac Man-era computer has difficulty with some of those video files, so would you care to share what the announcement was??Was it what our favorite marica posted right after YOUR post?A simple 'game,set,match'?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #4923
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
My antiquated,Pac Man-era computer has difficulty with some of those video files, so would you care to share what the announcement was??Was it what our favorite marica posted right after YOUR post?A simple 'game,set,match'?
They showed a video of the Liu match finish but it was overdubbed with GSM Wosniacki.

Kindly apologise to the poster in the main Caro thread and cut the derogatory Ana references in that thread as agreed when this thread was created.

Bruce,You know the sentiment in this section, and even if it has been diluted by new arrivals and existing posters becoming prematurely Alf Garnettised, undermining that origional collective sentiment reduces our entitlement to have troublemakers removed.

Thanks.
Old Jun 26th, 2013, 06:32 AM   #4924
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
They showed a video of the Liu match finish but it was overdubbed with GSM Wosniacki.

Kindly apologise to the poster in the main Caro thread and cut the derogatory Ana references in that thread as agreed when this thread was created.

Bruce,You know the sentiment in this section, and even if it has been diluted by new arrivals and existing posters becoming prematurely Alf Garnettised, undermining that origional collective sentiment reduces our entitlement to have troublemakers removed.

Thanks.
Honestly, I was only casting aspersions on Sven Groeneveld and his level of professional reliability. Ana was merely incidental because she's a player who has had a previous connection with Sven and APDP.Other than calling Sven a jerk-off, nothing about my post was in the realm of opinion. It's a FACT that Groeneveld provided the hook-up for Ana with her sleazy playboy partners, and my condemnation was NOT the choices that Ana made--which were irrelevant to the topic--but the unprofessional, careless disregard that Groeneveld showed for his player's welfare...which is,potentially, VERY relevant to Caro's future.

However, you've made such a polite request that I can't find it within me to turn you down......I'll go back and delete the original post as you've asked....and then I'm going to bed

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #4925
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if this makes me a "stalker" but I was wondering what happened to Chrissie-fan so I did a search of his recent posts and found these two posts explaining why he hasn't been around lately:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=4939

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=4949

I thought that others might be wondering what happened to him so I decided to post these here. Kind of a bummer, eh? He was one of the nicer posters on TF and we really need people like him to balance out the a-holes like me.

Chrissie-fan, if you are reading this I hope that you realise that you are one of the more popular posters here and that you will be missed. I don't think I ever witnessed you having any kind of arguments or altercations with anyone here, that is quite an achievement for this site!

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #4926
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Chrissie-fan, as DIAH said, you'll be missed, you are one of the classiest posters not only on Caro's forum but on this whole crazy board called TennisForum! If there would be more posters like you this place wouldn't be such a mess!
Life can be a bitch, stay strong! Wish you all the best!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:27 PM   #4927
country flag bruce goose

Gaston still reads this forum from time to time even though he has temporarily stopped posting here.I've already read the posts that 'MIAH' linked because Gaston included them in a PM he sent me a little while ago.Obviously,he's going thru some struggles that would challenge ANYone's spirit; however,I believe that he has more strength at his disposal than he realizes and that he will manage, somehow, to overcome.......Anyway, for those of you who want to wish him well, be assured that he will most likely read and appreciate those messages

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #4928
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I still regularly read some of the posts. Sometimes I'm tempted to post something here which wouldn't be a problem in itself, but I fear that if I start doing that I'll be back to where I was in no time. I'll probably get back to participating like I used to do at some point, but for now I won't, or I'll limit my participation to the occassional comment every now and then.

The TF thing that brought all this about was something that would have gotten nothing more than a shrug of the shoulders from me in the past. But I guess that with all the other BS that is going on at the moment in my life I'm much more sensitive to that sort of stuff right now. I was furious when I saw one of the replies to one of my posts. I was so angry that I started to randomly delete hundreds of my own posts. After a couple of hours I started thinking, "wait a minute. Wtf are you doing? If you get that upset over something so insignificant it's best to stop posting because this is just not healthy or even just sane bahavior." I was shocked by my own reaction. So my self imposed ban is an act of self-protection really. But as Arnie would say, "I'll be back" - but I don't know when yet. In the meantime I'll keep reading the player forums to keep myself informed about what my girls are up to, and perhaps I'll (very) occasionally add a comment of my own.

On a personal level there's at least some positive news in that the doc has said that it's likely that my niece will make a full recovery. The cancer was discovered at a very early stage and her chances of recovery are 90% or more. That has lifted my spirits a bit and hopefully it's a sign that my luck will start to turn.

Thanks for all the nice comments and words of support, I appreciate it.

PS: Wimbledon 2013 - the weirdest start to a GS tournament ever. for Caroline. The tennis gods really won't give her a break. I'm now rooting for Li and Radwanska even though it's almost inevitable that Serena will win it. I was also impressed with Laura Robson's match against Kirilenko. Much as TF is always arguing that she's just hype I admit that I'm a believer. You don't beat all the top players she's beaten when you're not even twenty if you're just hype. She's the real deal in my opinion. I'm not going to predict her winning slams just yet, but she's a future YEC player at least.

Thank you LI NA

Last edited by Chrissie-fan : Jun 27th, 2013 at 09:50 PM.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 11:09 PM   #4929
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 04:59 AM   #4930
country flag bruce goose

Recall reading that vultures supposedly have an acidic digestive system so strong that it can fight off potential infections from the roadkill they eat.In that same vein, if a piece of bread gets slightly moldy, I can still break it into pieces and throw it to the pigeons,right?? Or is it harmful for the birds,too?

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #4931
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Sit on the derision for a while and you can always double up on it later if she hasn't turned cyborg yet.
So do we have any artists in the house that can create an image of a cyborg Caro?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #4932
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

All the best, Chrissie-fan
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #4933
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Recall reading that vultures supposedly have an acidic digestive system so strong that it can fight off potential infections from the roadkill they eat.In that same vein, if a piece of bread gets slightly moldy, I can still break it into pieces and throw it to the pigeons,right?? Or is it harmful for the birds,too?
It not just the acid, it's the digestif enzymes, bacterial soup, and immune system as a whole that dictate resistance, a quality we used to share but not so much anymore due to our evolved diets.

In direct answer to your question re mould. No. unless you are aware of the exact species of mould, then it is not safe to assume that it is harmless. While many moulds are indeed harmless, others produce powerful toxins upon death that no amount of digestive ability can counter (grain mould and rice mould being occasionally particularly nasty). Further, unless its relatively low gluten and wholegrain bread, it's not particularly beneficial to birds even when fresh. Gluten (such as found in strong white flour) drains your energy levels even if you don't have allergy issues with it.
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #4934
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
So do we have any artists in the house that can create an image of a cyborg Caro?
Just photoshop here into a Team Sky Cycling Jersey. That should get you pretty close.
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 05:36 PM   #4935
country flag Burisleif

@Chrissie-fan

Focus on what's good for you for a while... Take care of yourself first, show a more deserving employer the substantial asset that you undoubtedly are, and come back stronger. Good Luck with it all...
Closed Thread