2013 Projects - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:39 PM   #1
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
2013 Projects

Purpose of the thread:

To keep us on task regarding projects. I'll try to update this monthly. If other members have projects they wish to work on or suggest this is a good space for it.

Thank you to everyone for their contributions. The hours of hard work and dedication from members from all over the world continues to amaze me. Over the space of the last 11 years we've been slowly but surely piecing together some of the puzzle of tennis history.

I want to take the space thank some of our early pioneers here. Andy T first suggested a results section by year, and Andrew Tas supplied a treasure trove of early results we have built on.
Rollo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jan 31st, 2013, 06:40 PM   #2
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute Rollo has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2013 Projects

February

DavidK-has been updating the individual year threads.

Jimbo-has been updating the Tournament thread and providing a lot of results to individual years

Mark-has been updating the Married Namres thread and contributig a lot of World War II era results

Ms Anthropic is adding original newpaper articles for 1983, 1992, and 1993.

Rollo- will prioritize the following projects:

Years: 1923 (using the NYT and ALT) and 1973.

Every couple of months updating Ugarte's yearly results. Now (January-February) I am trying to finish off 1960. For March-April I will edit in Ugarte's work from 1961 at:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...6064&highlight=

Ugarte is working on 1968 and has recently completed 1960 and 1961.

His current thread on 1968:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=473459

Uranium is working on getting all the pictures of the Fed Cup winners to celebrate Fed Cups 50th year.
He is down to just 8 pictures he needs to find!

Last edited by Rollo : Mar 5th, 2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #3
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

March

DavidK-has been updating the individual year threads.

--------------------------------------------------

Jimbo-has been updating the Tournament thread and providing a lot of results to individual years. He's also been a big help to LKK's project.

LKK-has taken on the massive Encyclopedia of Women's Tennis players. Welcome to the team LKK!

Mark-has been updating the Married Names thread and contributing a lot of German results. He is also helping me identify years to prioritize.

Ms Anthropic is adding original newpaper articles for 1983, 1992, and 1993.

Rollo- will prioritize the following projects:

Years: 1923 (using the NYT and ALT) and 1973.

Every 3 months updating Ugarte's yearly results. Now (January-March ) I am trying to finish off 1960.

For April-June I will edit in Ugarte's work from 1961 at:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthrea...6064&highlight=

March will also be 1939 cleanup month.
April will be 1929 cleanup month.

Ugarte is working on 1968 and has recently completed 1960 and 1961.

His current thread on 1968:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=473459

Uranium is working on getting all the pictures of the Fed Cup winners to celebrate Fed Cups 50th year.
He is down to just 8 pictures he needs to find!
Old Mar 5th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #4
country flag LKK

LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice LKK is just really nice

Rollo, please write that you also participate in "my" project, hehe. Your contribution in it is bigger than mine, bacause I only prepare a list of players.
LKK is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #5
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of

Does anyone know something about ugarte? He has done a great job so far with 1968, but no updates for nearly a month now. So did anything happen to him? Or did he take a break only?

Very excited for the past US Open results 1968...
chaton is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 01:43 PM   #6
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Quote:
Does anyone know something about ugarte? He has done a great job so far with 1968, but no updates for nearly a month now. So did anything happen to him? Or did he take a break only?

Very excited for the past US Open results 1968...
Hopefully he is just taking a break Chaton. Either that or waiting for me to catch up on editing in 1961!
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #7
country flag chaton

chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of chaton has much to be proud of

Hey Rollo, did you get my PM?
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 03:08 PM   #8
country flag ugarte

ugarte is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I Come Back Again ...i Am Happy To Be Here In This Forum Again Too

I Will Try To End 1968 Thread And I Am Concentrate To 1969 Results Tournaments

Thank You See You Soon

Miguel
ugarte is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:20 PM   #9
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

Happy to have you back with us Ugarte!

Did you enjoy your time away from the Blast? While you were gone I was able to catch up a little and edited in some of your results.

I will start in on 1968 when you are done.

Right now I am concentrating on 1971 with Chaton's help.
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 01:46 PM   #10
country flag chaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Happy to have you back with us Ugarte!

Did you enjoy your time away from the Blast? While you were gone I was able to catch up a little and edited in some of your results.

I will start in on 1968 when you are done.

Right now I am concentrating on 1971 with Chaton's help.
I will continue a bit in 1971 next week end.
Old Sep 4th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #11
country flag ugarte

ugarte is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Rollo
How Are You ?
Thank You To Support Me. I Was Absent For Three Month Because I Have A Personnal Problem In My Life.
I Am Very Happy To Be Here Again.i Have Many Results From Women Tennis And I Hope To Be Here A Long Time..

Thank You Miguel
ugarte is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 07:48 AM   #12
country flag AdeyC
TT BOARD MEMBER

AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute AdeyC has a reputation beyond repute

I finally made a start on doing some 1983 British Newspaper clippings I've got in the 1983 thread - I've got quite a lot of them from 1981-6 period, they're mostly British events Eastbourne, Wimbledon, Brighton, British Champs, but also all the Grand Slams.

Titles (6) - 2012 - New Haven, SF - WIMBLEDON, 2013 - Beijing, Member of Winning GB Fed Cup Team, 2014 - Brisbane, Dubai, Stuttgart, Rome
Doubles - (Rank : 1) (High : 1)
Titles - (13) (w/tennisbuddy12) 2010 - Bad Gastein, (w/Tuckii) 2013 - ITF Bertioga, (w/mateusz2904) - 2010 - Bogota, ITF -Karuizawa, ITF - Montpellier, 2011 - Bogota, Birmingham, ITF - Poitiers, ITF - Bratislava, 2012 - ITF - Opole, 2013 - Bad Gastein, 2014 - WIMBLEDON, Bad Gastein
AdeyC is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 11:51 PM   #13
Rollo
Moderator - BFTP

I saw them in the 1983 thread. They're great