Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #376
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Believe it or not, I actually sided with Serena on this. She dealt with the situation first-hand to Maria, and I think it was immature for Maria to lash back at Serena during the press conference like that. But I guess it can be said the same to Serena who has many faces, or shall I say "egos:" she can be seen as a calm, collected persona on the public, but behind the scene she is as silly as any of us, saying stupid things and act like a 5 year-old. The good thing was she doesn't expose her "bad side" to the public quite often anymore, but that interview with Rolling Stone definitely proved that it was there.

Both are at wrong, but I see Maria more at fault, knowing that she had the chance to be a hero, to put the fire out by accepting William's apology––but she didn't. And I understand that as well. However, seeing her as an idol, I expected her to, but I guess everyone is just human, and can succumb our rationale to emotion.

Anyway, we can all make mistake, I hope both Maria and Serena can learn from it, and act like adults, and move on.

-"Still On The Road"

Last edited by tennis-insomniac : Jun 24th, 2013 at 11:27 PM.
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #377
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really agree. We never heard Serena's apology, and by her account she didn't properly apologise for her own actions - just for the fact that Maria had been dragged into it. Just like with her first apology about the Steubenville thing, she didn't take accountability for her actions - just blamed the reporter for what she "supposedly" said.

The way I see it, you hit someone, expect to be hit back. Even if you've apologised, you're still owed one. Yeah, it would have been better for Maria to not have responded, and she would've been 1 up on Serena, but by hitting back they're level. All's square. And it's done.
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #378
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennis-insomniac View Post
Believe it or not, I actually sided with Serena on this. She dealt with the situation first-hand to Maria, and I think it was immature for Maria to lash back at Serena during the press conference like that. But I guess it can be said the same to Serena who has many faces, or shall I say "egos:" she can be seen as a calm, collected persona on the public, but behind the scene she is as silly as any of us, saying stupid things and act like a 5 year-old. The good thing was she doesn't expose her "bad side" to the public quite often anymore, but that interview with Rolling Stone definitely proved that it was there.

Both are at wrong, but I see Maria more at fault, knowing that she had the chance to be a hero, to put the fire out by accepting William's apology––but she didn't. And I understand that as well. However, seeing her as an idol, I expected her to, but I guess everyone is just human, and can succumb our rationale to emotion.

Anyway, we can all make mistake, I hope both Maria and Serena can learn from it, and act like adults, and move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
I don't really agree. We never heard Serena's apology, and by her account she didn't properly apologise for her own actions - just for the fact that Maria had been dragged into it. Just like with her first apology about the Steubenville thing, she didn't take accountability for her actions - just blamed the reporter for what she "supposedly" said.

The way I see it, you hit someone, expect to be hit back. Even if you've apologised, you're still owed one. Yeah, it would have been better for Maria to not have responded, and she would've been 1 up on Serena, but by hitting back they're level. All's square. And it's done.
I swear this is my last post on this subject and then I'm done. I think in a way Maria was fed up? She's fed up with being viewed as an also ran by the press because of her losing streak to Serena. Yes she's the glamourous blonde and there are many privileges that go with that but the downside is that she is not taken as seriously. Remember when people say Maria was just Anna Kournikova with a slam? She made an impressive comeback from an injury that has ended careers but because she didn't come back as fast as Kim did after having her baby or Serena after her near death experience there were those who were ready to write her off as a has been. I mean how can anyone forget the way the American press drooled over themselves when she lost to Melanie Oudin? For all the haters talk about how the American press kiss Maria's ass, they actually don't because Maria refuses to become an American citizen. When people talk about her it's often her looks and her glamour girl image they talk about first, not her accomplishments as an athlete which she has quite a few.

So yeah for all of what she's done, from becoming a self made millionaire to being in the history books forever due to her Career Slam there are many who still view her as an also ran just because Serena has done more and has done it at her expense.

Looking at all that, I can easily see why she would want to lob something back, instead of just taking the "no comment" route. She has achieved so much but it gets overshadowed by another player and that's frustrating to deal with.

And I'm done.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #379
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

I posted this yesterday, and I will repost it here:
Quote:
This whole dramz is so lame and stupid. Oh, poor Serena now has amnesia and doesn't remember who she was talking about. Which means she is dissing all WTA.. Maria on the other hand could have followed Vichka's path and could have said - I do not want to comment on useless statements..
and also this on twitter:

Quote:
Thinking if this Serena-Maria issue.. and of what Serena said and of the idea that he might have been more than friends with her, it is ugly
That is my opinion.
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #380
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
I swear this is my last post on this subject and then I'm done. I think in a way Maria was fed up? She's fed up with being viewed as an also ran by the press because of her losing streak to Serena. Yes she's the glamourous blonde and there are many privileges that go with that but the downside is that she is not taken as seriously. Remember when people say Maria was just Anna Kournikova with a slam? She made an impressive comeback from an injury that has ended careers but because she didn't come back as fast as Kim did after having her baby or Serena after her near death experience there were those who were ready to write her off as a has been. I mean how can anyone forget the way the American press drooled over themselves when she lost to Melanie Oudin? For all the haters talk about how the American press kiss Maria's ass, they actually don't because Maria refuses to become an American citizen. When people talk about her it's often her looks and her glamour girl image they talk about first, not her accomplishments as an athlete which she has quite a few.

So yeah for all of what she's done, from becoming a self made millionaire to being in the history books forever due to her Career Slam there are many who still view her as an also ran just because Serena has done more and has done it at her expense.

Looking at all that, I can easily see why she would want to lob something back, instead of just taking the "no comment" route. She has achieved so much but it gets overshadowed by another player and that's frustrating to deal with.

And I'm done.
Awesome post.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 01:44 AM   #381
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

annoyed with gociku's comments in the Sharapova move on thread.
Silas is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #382
country flag tennis-insomniac

tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute tennis-insomniac has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post

And I'm done.
Probably that can be a motif. But it's all part of nature: you'll always get trumped by someone who's better than you. I think, if that was indeed what Maria had in her mind, then she was looking at the wrong side: Look at how fortunate she was in life, what she had accomplished herself. Why need to compare? She is already at her own league. Millions would kill for the life she has had. She doesn't need to be insecure, here.

If I were her, I'd keep my head held high, and let others expose themselves when their jealousies and insecurities finally ooze out of their skins. That's what champion is supposed to do: accept you own shortcomings, but make your assets shine the brightest.

-"Still On The Road"
tennis-insomniac is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 05:35 AM   #383
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
annoyed with gociku's comments in the Sharapova move on thread.
What was the comment? The thread is locked and can't find any post. Do I want to know or better to stay ignorant on this matter? ...
Trih is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #384
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
What was the comment? The thread is locked and can't find any post. Do I want to know or better to stay ignorant on this matter? ...
Better stay ignorant it was something of the sort "Serena the peasant bow down to Masha ect. ect," just stupid
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #385
C. Drone
CFO

C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute C. Drone has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
Better stay ignorant it was something of the sort "Serena the peasant bow down to Masha ect. ect," just stupid
because rapeapologists never wrote anything like that... (didnt read that thread & post anyway, sorry. )
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #386
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavstry. View Post
because rapeapologists never wrote anything like that... (didnt read that thread & post anyway, sorry. )
I know it just reminded me too much of a renatard that's why it sounded so ridiculous
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #387
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my, the other SS is so obsessed with Martha in their Wimbledon thread wanting her to get torn limb from limb by Serena
I mean....pretty sure we aren't obsessed with moaning about Serena in here right? There's barely been a post about her

So maybe all along, when GM stated our fanbase was the worst trolls ever, it was in fact Serena Slam #conspiracy
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #388
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Serena Slam is easily the worst, it's just everyone is too scared of them to say it. It's like mob rule in GM, and they don't want to upset them.
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #389
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

There's a good 3-4 pages worth of Martha slurs
mowing her face/breaking her glass jaw/destroying her/killing her

Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #390
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
There's a good 3-4 pages worth of Martha slurs
mowing her face/breaking her glass jaw/destroying her/killing her

Dont use their "Gh..." language
Andy. is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread