Where the Grass has no name - Eastbourne & Wimbledon 2013 - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #241
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of
Re: Where the Grass has no name - Eastbourne & Wimbledon 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
I still don't get who is "Slava"?

She also said this: "I would like to win in in two sets, but I haven't served it out and that shouldn't be happening."
Petra's next opponent...
steni is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #242
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by steni View Post
Petra's next opponent...
Oh yeah, "Jaroslava", thanks.
I should have got it earlier as this name and its short cut is also known in The Czech republic.
*Jack* is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #243
country flag lupojohn
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute lupojohn has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that was fun as always. Glad Petra pulled through this time. Matches are very rarely easy for Petra these days and I don't expect it to be that way against Shvedova.

RIP Elena Baltacha. You were taken far too soon from us. You will be missed, loved and remembered.
Vicky Duval Get well soon. We're all pulling for you in this awful fight you now face.
lupojohn is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #244
country flag *Jack*

*Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of *Jack* has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
Well, that was fun as always. Glad Petra pulled through this time. Matches are very rarely easy for Petra these days and I don't expect it to be that way against Shvedova.
I'm hoping for tough fight in two!
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #245
country flag steni

steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of steni has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by lupojohn View Post
I read that Shvedova didnt play that great against Bertens and some poster said their match was a mess actually so chances are...

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=555761
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #246
country flag ShiftyFella

ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute ShiftyFella has a reputation beyond repute

Petra said in her presser that Proby is here and she's working with him, cramps and maintaining fitness shouldn't be an issue now. That's the best news i've heard from Petra's camp in a while. I really like approach she takes towards this Wimbledon, i hope her game will follow her soon
ShiftyFella is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #247
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I read that Shvedova didnt play that great against Bertens and some poster said their match was a mess actually so chances are...

http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=555761
Indeed.

We also have to remember that Shvedova is a head case herself as well.

Fans of slumping players like Kvitova, always fear the next talented opponent for good reason. Nonetheless, players like Shvedova are inconsistent and unpredictable themselves; otherwise players with their talent wouldn't be ranked so far below Petra (for example) as they currently are.

So I wouldn't be surprised with virtually anything that happened next match; though I would like to think Petra should win?
Excelscior is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:30 PM   #248
country flag *Jack*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyFella View Post
Petra said in her presser that Proby is here and she's working with him, cramps and maintaining fitness shouldn't be an issue now. That's the best news i've heard from Petra's camp in a while. I really like approach she takes towards this Wimbledon, i hope her game will follow her soon
Bajza is there? I though I've seen somebody between Kotyza and Šodek at start of the match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelscior View Post
Indeed.

Fans of slumping players like Kvitova, always fear the next talented opponent for good reason. Nonetheless, players like Shvedova are inconsistent and unpredictable themselves; otherwise players with their talent wouldn't be ranked so far below Petra (for example) as they currently are.

So I wouldn't be surprised with virtually anything that happened next match; though I would like to think Petra should win?
Exactly, the worst case scenario for bookmakers: two highly talented but very inconsistent predictably unpredictable players in the early round. Surely don't want to be on their place now.
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 10:03 PM   #249
country flag steni

Quote:
Indeed.

Hey Excelscior, what do you think about Petra's ROS today, considering Coco the mug has a big serve?
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #250
country flag pling

pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future pling has a brilliant future

http://www.wimbledon.com/en_GB/news/...106976645.html

Quote:
“My season is up and down, I know it."

"Today I had chances which I didn’t take and it wasn’t for the first time this season. But also I know I can fight till the end and win, so it’s important to me to know that I can do it. It doesn’t matter that it is in two or three sets, the victory is important.”

“I slipped two times in the first set quite badly and then suddenly I felt my muscle was cramping around the hip every time I stepped on my leg, so it wasn’t very easy to serve when I have to jump and land on the leg.”

on Shvedova: “I remember it was a difficult match for me [RG2012] and she served quite well so it was good practice today,” said Kvitova. “She plays very aggressively, she won doubles here, so she can be very dangerous on the grass.”
pling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #251
country flag Excelscior

Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute Excelscior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hey Excelscior, what do you think about Petra's ROS today, considering Coco the mug has a big serve?
I thought it was VERY GOOD during the first set, where Petra was blasting many first serves for outright winners, and deep, hard up the middle. And it was better than average at select moments during the third set as well (more on and off than the first).

However, it was inconsistent during the 2nd and even parts of the third set, where she had several BP opportunities she couldn't close out (5-3, 5-4)in the second set, and the first game [BP's on 2nd serves] of the third set.

That's what made the second set, and early third set so disappointing: Petra actually had a good return of serve (up the middle, deep and for winners) during a good portion of the match, that she gave back.

So overall it was promising (Coco has a good serve), while at the same time disappointing [Remember this was Coco-Lol]. Does that make sense?

I hope that helps. Lol
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 11:14 PM   #252
country flag Excelscior

PS Steni:

Coco doesn't have a "Big Serve". She has a "hard" first serve. However, 90% she doesn't know how to use it, back it up, or it's not effective. There's a difference. You have a big serve, when it normally works.

Remember: In 12 Grand Slams, Coco has lost 11 times in the first rd, and won only once. This year, she's only won 5 matches so far.

She's a scrub!!!
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #253
country flag steni

Quote:
PS Steni:

Coco doesn't have a "Big Serve". She has a "hard" first serve. However, 90% she doesn't know how to use it, back it up, or it's not effective. There's a difference. You have a big serve, when it normally works.

Remember: In 12 Grand Slams, Coco has lost 11 times in the first rd, and won only once. This year, she's only won 5 matches so far.

She's a scrub!!!
awww
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 12:39 AM   #254
country flag steni

Quote:
I thought it was VERY GOOD during the first set, where Petra was blasting many first serves for outright winners, and deep, hard up the middle. And it was better than average at select moments during the third set as well (more on and off than the first).

However, it was inconsistent during the 2nd and even parts of the third set, where she had several BP opportunities she couldn't close out (5-3, 5-4)in the second set, and the first game [BP's on 2nd serves] of the third set.

That's what made the second set, and early third set so disappointing: Petra actually had a good return of serve (up the middle, deep and for winners) during a good portion of the match, that she gave back.

So overall it was promising (Coco has a good serve), while at the same time disappointing [Remember this was Coco-Lol]. Does that make sense?

I hope that helps. Lol
Thanks. I really like to read your posts, well the short ones... just kidding
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #255
country flag Excelscior

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jack* View Post
Exactly, the worst case scenario for bookmakers: two highly talented but very inconsistent predictably unpredictable players in the early round. Surely don't want to be on their place now.
Well said Jack!!