Katarina Srebotnik! - Page 258 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:36 PM   #3856
country flag vanoss

vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold
Re: Katarina Srebotnik!

I also noticed that Biljana Vesilinovic is back as Kata's coach, after their ugly breakup in 2010 (was it?). Anyone know how that came about?
vanoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:40 PM   #3857
country flag csillag

csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanoss View Post
I also noticed that Biljana Vesilinovic is back as Kata's coach, after their ugly breakup in 2010 (was it?). Anyone know how that came about?
I think she's Petrova's coach. And was the breakup really ugly? I always thought it was because she got injured and couldn't play for a long time?
csillag is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 08:01 PM   #3858
country flag vanoss

vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold vanoss is a splendid one to behold

I looked it up, it was in July 2009. What I remember is that Biljana could not afford to wait any longer, while Kata was struggling with injuries.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 08:07 PM   #3859
country flag vanoss

Here's what Boreas said about it at the time:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2475
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 11:18 PM   #3860
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on another title , kata ! best of luck ar Wimbledon !

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 07:26 AM   #3861
country flag csillag

csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about csillag has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I looked it up, it was in July 2009. What I remember is that Biljana could not afford to wait any longer, while Kata was struggling with injuries.
Quote:
Here's what Boreas said about it at the time:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=2475
Thanks, I guess he's referring to this from Kata: "There were three hurdles for me in those 10 months - the first two were the injuries and the third was I lost my coach after Wimbledon. She had different ambitions - she picked to travel with another team on Tour. We had many good years but in this whole situation I realized who really cares for me and who always will. The ones who stuck by me are the true friends." link The article is from August 2009, any idea which player's team she's referring to? Biljana only started working with Lucie Safarova in late 2010.

Understandable from both sides I suppose (that Biljana couldn't afford to wait and that Kata might be a little upset about it), and looks like they're alright now anyway.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 02:13 PM   #3862
country flag katafan

katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light

Biljana went to work on Mauresmo's team straight after. It really felt like a betrayal to Kata at the time, and I think it really knocked her confidence on her comeback to singles. It was the exact wrong time to leave a player she'd been with so long, just when she was at her lowest ebb. Biljana is working with Kata again, as well as Petrova.

Hello All btw, I've been lurking in here many years, mostly because I didn't have proper internet for a long time, so I didn't see the point in posting, if I couldn't keep up with a conversation. But I'm a HUGE Kata fan!
katafan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 03:58 PM   #3863
country flag Deneb

Deneb has disabled reputation

I was in Eastbourne for the whole week and saw all Kata & Nadja's matches. What a great week they had! The conditions in their semi and especially in the final were really tough. The wind was just horrible! And the start of the final was delayed because of some rain. But in the end Kata & Nadja handled the conditions amazingly well and seemed to have a great attitude from start to finish. I've seen Kata play in various tournaments I've visited, but this was actually the first time I saw her win a tournament which was just great.

Amélie Mauresmo

Doubles = 2 x the fun
Deneb is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 04:34 PM   #3864
country flag vanoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by katafan View Post
Hello All btw, I've been lurking in here many years, mostly because I didn't have proper internet for a long time, so I didn't see the point in posting, if I couldn't keep up with a conversation. But I'm a HUGE Kata fan!
Welcome!
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 04:37 PM   #3865
country flag vanoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deneb View Post
I was in Eastbourne for the whole week and saw all Kata & Nadja's matches.
I saw the livestream. Great that you were one of those die-hard fans. It was a ridiculous match, of course, but Kata & Nadja showed a lot more tenacity than their opponents, who looked like they wanted to get out of there.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:48 PM   #3866
country flag katafan

katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light katafan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Welcome!
Thank You!
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #3867
country flag csillag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deneb View Post
I was in Eastbourne for the whole week and saw all Kata & Nadja's matches. What a great week they had! The conditions in their semi and especially in the final were really tough. The wind was just horrible! And the start of the final was delayed because of some rain.
I was watching the final on the computer in the comfort of my home and sending warm thoughts to the people still in the stands, not the most pleasant conditions to sit and watch (nor play..!).
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #3868
country flag csillag

Quote:
Originally Posted by katafan View Post
Hello! I'm new as well.
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 06:11 PM   #3869
country flag katafan

Quote:
Originally Posted by csillag View Post
Hello! I'm new as well.
Pleased to meet you
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #3870
country flag *Jool*

*Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute *Jool* has a reputation beyond repute

hello newcomers !

must be so cool to watch a final including Kata , Deneb

KATA - AMG -
APS

Serena- Garcia- Hercog- KDK- Daniilidou- Puig- Muguruza...

*Jool* is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote