Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #31
country flag Fool

Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice
Re: Wimbledon Chat Thread: The Lawn of Dreams

and nadal still signs stuff for people after the match
Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #32
country flag Joelina

Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future Joelina has a brilliant future

Nadull out!

now Roger or Novak get the title!
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #33
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

First time Nadal has ever lost first round in a Slam.
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:08 PM   #34
country flag madmax

madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute madmax has a reputation beyond repute

Dull being hit off the court by much more talented player is always good for the sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sp!ffy View Post
Sharapova is so popular her owns fans have haters.
madmax is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #35
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

That's a shame for Rafa. Hope he plays the HC season because this gives me 2012 vibes.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #36
BlueTrees

BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute BlueTrees has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax View Post
Dull being hit off the court by much more talented player is always good for the sport
I couldn't agree more!

I bet he takes another few months off to use the "injury" as an excuse
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #37
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks Nadal. You just ruined my Wimbledon.

The most infuriating thing about being a Nadal fan (besides his corny haters) is that more than any of the other top guys he's a confidence player. When he lacks confidence, as he often does in early rounds, he plays very much like everyone who hates him says he plays. He just refused to go for his shots, and his backhand was even worse than it was during the beginning of the clay court season. If his knee was bothering him he should have just skipped this tournament. Although of course, no one wants to skip Wimbledon. I also think Nadal needs some new voices around him. There's no excuse to go into the first round with such a limp backhand and horrible return and lack of confidence. Hopefully this is not the beginning of another sabbatical.

First, the Heat win the championship again. Now, Nadal out an even earlier round than last year. Thanks sports gods. I'm done with this Wimbledon for now. I'll see ya'll if/when Shara makes the quarters.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #38
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

While I'm happy Fed won't need to face Nadull, I'm genuinely saddened to see him play like that. Clearly his knees are hindering him. What I don't understand is how the same knees enabled him to win RG just 3 weeks ago, but now they are apparently hurting too much after rest. It's worrisome for the rest of his season (and career actually)
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #39
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
Thanks Nadal. You just ruined my Wimbledon.

The most infuriating thing about being a Nadal fan is that more than any of the other type guys he's a confidence player. When he lacks confidence he plays very much like everyone who hates him says he plays. If his knee was bothering him he should have just skipped this tournament. Although of course, no one wants to skip Wimbledon. I also think Nadal needs some new voices around him. There's no excuse to go into the first round with such a limp backhand and horrible return. Hopefully, this is not the beginning of another sabbatical.

First, the Heat wins the championship again. Now, Nadal out an even eariler round than last year. Thanks sports gods. I'm done with this Wimbledon for now. I'll see ya'll if/when Shara makes the quarters.
At least he won RG which was the most important thing to him. He probably needs some rest since the knee will always trouble him. Hope he is ready for the USO hard court season.
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #40
Crux Squall

Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of Crux Squall has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueTrees View Post
I couldn't agree more!

I bet he takes another few months off to use the "injury" as an excuse
i hope it won't happen, I'm sick of this reason from Nadal's fan. The 1st 2 set is really equality, Darcis is a litte lucky to win both but he deserves it, his fh is on fire. In 3rd, level of both drop off a little bit, Darcis's serve is not good as 1st 2 set, and i think if he lost 3rd set, he had lost the match.
Nice win for Darcis
Tennis Tipping :#239, Suicide Tennis: #127, PAW: #108, Tipping: #56, FITD: #188

Won in 2014
Tennis Triathlon: Acapulco
Suicide Tennis: Charleston
Crux Squall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #41
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
At least he won RG which was the most important thing to him. He probably needs some rest since the knee will always trouble him. Hope he is ready for the USO hard court season.
For me him playing well on clay was just holding home court. This was really supposed to be the beginning of the tear. I thought he had learned his lesson from last year. But the dude just can't play well in early rounds. And the early round match-ups, even on clay, are getting tougher and tougher for him. I don't think this is the last time we see this unless he changes his mindset and stops playing like a wussy in the first week of majors. It can continue to be particularly bad at Wimbledon. I know a longer break between the French and Wimbledon is coming up, but I seriously think he needs to consider skipping this tournament from here on out. The quick turnaround is clearly too much for his body and his mentality.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #42
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

I do think last year's memories of his loss against Rosol played in his mind. That with the ongoing knee thing, he's just not confident at all to execute. Not to mention he was facing an inspired opponent
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:25 PM   #43
country flag PimpMePova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
For me him playing well on clay was just holding home court. This was really supposed to be the beginning of the tear. I thought he had learned his lesson from last year. But the dude just can't play well in early rounds. And the early round match-ups, even on clay, are getting tougher and tougher for him. I don't think this is the last time we see this unless he changes his mindset and stops playing like a wussy in the first week of majors.
Well maybe this will be a wake up call for him. After all that's the first time he's lost in the 1R of a slam. Stay positive I think he'll do much better for the USO. And regardless of Wimbledon he's still having a great year considering he even missed the AO.
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #44
country flag Fool

Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice Fool is just really nice

this reporter keeps trying to get nadal to talk about his knee, but he won't actually mention it
Fool is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #45
country flag domon17th

Gosh Kvitova winning Wimbledon feels like ages ago.