WTF is wrong with Monica? - Page 4 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:08 AM   #46
country flag Patrick345

Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute Patrick345 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: WTF is wrong with Monica?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula View Post
Monica was my tennis Idol, but I agree.

I think she has replaced one eating disorder with another. Also, her current beau is old enough to be her father, her previous romances were with rich men old enough to be her father. I don't care what anyone says but that isn't normal - its a trait and it doesn't take a psychological expert to work it out.

She looked completely disinterested, deliberately so, at the Exhibition in Paris last year and at the presentation ceremony at RG last year, and during the latest Exhibition. I don't know why she does them. In the latest photos for her book promo she looked very odd.

I don't buy that she is over what happened to her in 93 or what happened to her father. I think she is affected. More so than even when she was playing as no doubt training and playing and competing were distractions.

Id rather remember Monica as she was.
I said all that like three years ago, when I showed the picture of her and Tommy Haas to friends. I had to tell them she is a former world #1 till they finally guesses Monica. They couldn´t even recognize her.
Quiet. 24 SLAMS.
Patrick345 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:30 AM   #47
country flag Just Do It

Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute Just Do It has a reputation beyond repute

She is 40, no one expects her to play as a professional player anymore. I highly doubt she showed up for a pay check. As for her looking skinny/unhealthy, she's been like that for years now, not sure what the problem is, maybe she is ill.
Just Do It is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #48
country flag Ryusuke Tenma

Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light Ryusuke Tenma is a glorious beacon of light

She played tennis ages ago. Her career is long gone. Who cares? She's not a professional anymore so it doesn't really matter.

Simona Halep...perhaps a bright spot in an otherwise dark tour?
Caroline Wozniacki...underrated former #1 with a hopeful return to form in the future.
Errani, Schiavone, Vinci...Talented tacticians who use variety and their heads.
Ryusuke Tenma is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #49
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viktor View Post
That is the most idiotic prognosis I have ever read. You sound like a teenage girl.
Ok tell me so what part of my analysis is idiotic - does she have boundless energy? Does she have muscle mass? Does she move like a teenager?

Tell me what do you see?
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 10:44 AM   #50
country flag Whitehead's Boy

Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute Whitehead's Boy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Londoner View Post
This.

Being thin does not = being healthy.

She has the unhealthy thin look and moved like a woman several decades older.
People who carried extra weight for years never look good when they become very thin, especially when they don't lift weights. The 'grandma' look isn't automatically a sign she is unhealthy.

Also, if I recall correctly, Esther looked older than her age, too. Monica is simply getting old and genetics might not be on her side. Again, not a sign she's unhealthy.

Dating older men shouldn't come as a surprise if she has body image issues. She knows she won't be judged and it's probably 'comforting' to date older men.

I have no idea why she plays those exhibitions. I'm not sure if I believe her when she says she still loves the sport; you would think she would practice more often if she would. Perhaps she has no idea what to do with her life and the books/exhibitions are a way to fill voids in her life.
Whitehead's Boy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #51
country flag NeKo

NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute NeKo has a reputation beyond repute

Hingis looks amazing. She still got the touch. My favorite WTA player of all time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dencod16 View Post
A Halep fan talking about Arrogance, have you seen how Halep carries herself on court.
NeKo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #52
country flag Vespertine69

Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute

Who's looking at Monica when I can listen to Chak doing the compere stuff! Ok... so I'd rather see her on the damn court, but make do with what I get
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:14 PM   #53
country flag cehowardrx7
73,Old,Dirty,&Fast

cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute cehowardrx7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danke Anke View Post
You'd make a great enabler. I have a ton of respect for Monica, she's the reason I love tennis. It's because I respect her so much that it's sad for me to see her like this.
She was stabbed,and her career taken away. What you expect, her to be a blooming daisy?

Come on, give it a break on that "she looks so bad".. Give it a fuckin break..

73,old, fast, and dirty..My daily warm up: http://www.cehoward.net/stclock.wmv / http://www.cehoward.net/situps1.AVI
Coming down from 3 miles up.. http://www.cehoward.net/188.jpg
My daily commuter motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/pretty4.JPG
My roadrace motorcycle: http://www.cehoward.net/630-P.jpg
cehowardrx7 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #54
country flag Brad[le]y.
Wingis <3

Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute Brad[le]y. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaniero View Post
She played tennis ages ago. Her career is long gone. Who cares? She's not a professional anymore so it doesn't really matter.
Monica is a legend of the sport and made a huge impact on the game. I have an enormous amount of respect for her as should any tennis fan.
Brad[le]y. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:19 PM   #55
carling

carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute carling has a reputation beyond repute

Seriously? STOP IT! At 13:05 you can CLEARLY HEAR Monica tell the ref that she is ill and there's no way she can play. She said she felt like she was going to collapse, but did not want to disappoint the crowd so she stuck it out.

I think Monica looks fantastic and it's stupd to think some random fucking exo can tarnish her legacy or undue her accomplishments.
carling is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #56
country flag Vespertine69

Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute Vespertine69 has a reputation beyond repute

In case anyone has missed Chak and Myskina as much as I... this video has loads of footage of both! Awesome stuff and Hingis and Myskina both look super indeed. Now gonna watch and see who wins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1I-_psDKqdw
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #57
country flag Singleniacki
~*Princess Karolina*~

Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute Singleniacki has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the OP would be overreacting... but WTF

Even I could play better then what Monica is in this match... is she ok?
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #58
country flag WozLolz

WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future WozLolz has a brilliant future

Monica was just sick that day. Some people are making too much of it, especially with the ridiculous anorexic comments. That said, she certainly still has major mobility issues (which can be seen in other exhos), and it's no wonder that she never was able to forge a comeback after her 2003 French Open departure.

May Monica fully heal in every possible way.
WozLolz is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 01:38 PM   #59
country flag lloyders76

lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of lloyders76 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by cehowardrx7 View Post
She was stabbed,and her career taken away. What you expect, her to be a blooming daisy?

Come on, give it a break on that "she looks so bad".. Give it a fuckin break..
i'm not sure why you're so defensive about people voicing concern as a result of her appearance? in 2009 when her book was out which dealt with her eating issues she looked healthy and claimed succeeding over her eating disorders was her biggest victory - i think the excessive thinness and frailty of her body at this exo is of real concern as it calls into question whether monica has overcome these issues
lloyders76 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #60
country flag Raiden

Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute Raiden has a reputation beyond repute

Did Monica say "I am going to collapse" here?
Raiden is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote