Pac 12 - Page 89 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 07:18 AM   #1321
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold
Re: Pac 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantic View Post
I've mentioned this before, but again, splitting the team wouldn't be such a bad idea.
If you can't win #1, have to split, PLENTY of teams do that to ensure the win.
And as a tennis communist I DO want the 'wealth' to be shared, too.
Both for the team AND for the league.

Let other Trojan share the glory (I DO think Sabs might be the best partner for KK since she's a powerful AND agile grinder, thus able to cover the back court superbly when KK is lurking at the net But big Zoe is also a superb defender, and lil' Zoe is no less a superb attacker at net. Maybe THIS combo might be unbalanced, but curious about this combination, KK/Katz. If they both rush to the net, unless the opponents lob or something, they'll clear the net).

And league-wise, other teams tried ALL season, couldn't beat them, so what's the fun in that (WAATC was actually the best chance to beat them, that tourney boasted better entrants, such as Capra/Mar, BU, Kay/Price, Kyle/Chanelle, etc...) Still don't understand how they lost to the team they beat 8-1 in the regular season; at the MOST important match of the season, no less.
Lucky for USC, Dillon graduated , so now that opens the doors at the #3 slot. Tsay might be paired with Zhou, Davidson with Ahn, and Doyle with Hardebeck. With 3 freshmen it may take time to get adjusted, like it took time for Hardebeck and Dillon to get their stride going, but I wouldn't count any of them out come May.
tie_breaker is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 07:22 AM   #1322
country flag tie_breaker

tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold tie_breaker is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
What best shot? USC IS the current PAC 12 champion Or do you mean NCAA. USC's aim should be to win the National Team championships, Team Indoors or NCAA(but first, to advance to the final in a generation).
I don't think that it hardly matters who wins the PAC 12. For that matter, Cal could win it, but come May at NCAA, it's 0-0 and its whoever is peaking at the right time.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 07:41 AM   #1323
country flag slickshoes510

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by tie_breaker View Post
I don't think that it hardly matters who wins the PAC 12. For that matter, Cal could win it, but come May at NCAA, it's 0-0 and its whoever is peaking at the right time.
Agreed, and it's all about the draw. One side always seems to be tougher than the other.
slickshoes510 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 08:02 AM   #1324
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lucky for USC, Dillon graduated , so now that opens the doors at the #3 slot. Tsay might be paired with Zhou, Davidson with Ahn, and Doyle with Hardebeck. With 3 freshmen it may take time to get adjusted, like it took time for Hardebeck and Dillon to get their stride going, but I wouldn't count any of them out come May.
Why did you quote my KK/Sabs post? You mean all STAN 3 dbls teams could tackle KK/Sabs come NCAA dbls? Well, you gotta do well during the Fall first, especially WAATC, but I don't see all 3 STAN teams play that tournament
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
Nil admirari (never enthuse over things).
- Horace, Epistles
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 08:05 AM   #1325
country flag fantic

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So your 'best shot' portion means NCAA, not Pac 12?

I think I'll bet on UCLA this time. They lost to STAN 3-4 even with Chanelle defaulting because of injury, so..

And there's no Gibbsy to anchor STAN this time.
"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles

Last edited by fantic : Jun 24th, 2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:09 PM   #1326
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
So your 'best shot' portion means NCAA, not Pac 12?

For next year, the matches between USC and UCLA for the PAC-12 race will be at Stanford shifting a slight edge.
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:12 PM   #1327
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Agreed, and it's all about the draw. One side always seems to be tougher than the other.
This year USC seemed like the team that was bit by the one side of the draw being tougher.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 08:51 PM   #1328
country flag tie_breaker

Quote:
Why did you quote my KK/Sabs post? You mean all STAN 3 dbls teams could tackle KK/Sabs come NCAA dbls? Well, you gotta do well during the Fall first, especially WAATC, but I don't see all 3 STAN teams play that tournament
Just an observation, but it seems that the fall tournaments are not as recognized as the NCAA's. Yeah, it gives players and teams a higher ranking, but a higher ranking doesn't decide a NCAA match tied at 3-3. I am sure the trophies weigh about the same but that's about it.

Not questioning KK/Sabs. Sabs is one of my favorite players outside of the Farm, so...
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 09:17 PM   #1329
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Just an observation, but it seems that the fall tournaments are not as recognized as the NCAA's. Yeah, it gives players and teams a higher ranking, but a higher ranking doesn't decide a NCAA match tied at 3-3. I am sure the trophies weigh about the same but that's about it.

Not questioning KK/Sabs. Sabs is one of my favorite players outside of the Farm, so...
The Fall events effect the players individual rankings, but any matches in the Fall have no effect on the team standings.

Personally, I think that the Fall events have too much effect on the individual rankings. I'd prefer that they reconfigure the math so the events during the dual season have greater gravity in the rankings.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:02 PM   #1330

slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light slickshoes510 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd_serve View Post
For next year, the matches between USC and UCLA for the PAC-12 race will be at Stanford shifting a slight edge.
I will have to make sure to remember to ask for days off from work so I can make the trip up that weekend to see the matches. It's a shame Stanford doesn't play UCLA and USC twice (yes, I said I was happy it only happened once per season but I really hate driving on the 5/99 up to NorCal).
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:04 PM   #1331

Quote:
This year USC seemed like the team that was bit by the one side of the draw being tougher.
Yes, but that whole side of the draw can also blame Stanford for their ranking. If Stanford had been ranked in the top 8, I think we would've seen both sides of the draw be a little more balanced.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:18 PM   #1332
country flag 2nd_serve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickshoes510 View Post
Yes, but that whole side of the draw can also blame Stanford for their ranking. If Stanford had been ranked in the top 8, I think we would've seen both sides of the draw be a little more balanced.
Is Stanford to "blame"? Stanford didn't want to be ranked 12th, they had some loses and the math came out that way.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 10:26 PM   #1333

Quote:
Is Stanford to "blame"? Stanford didn't want to be ranked 12th, they had some loses and the math came out that way.
They didn't play indoors. Doesn't playing that help with at least boosting one's ranking? It certainly did with UCLA. They finished with a worse record than Stanford (including a loss to Stanford), but ended up ranked higher than them.
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #1334
country flag fantic

Fall is important, Indoor is important, if you skip those, of course your ranking (team or individual) will be impacted. Nothing wrong about that imo

STAN and USC both deserved each other. STAN skipped indoors, thought they could beat SMC without Gibbsy and paid the price. USC, lost to UNC and CAL.

Just that STAN brought it when it mattered. End of.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #1335
country flag fantic

Quote:
It looks like Lauren arrived and practiced already, but other than that, can't find any detailed info on USTA camp and playoff at Carson. Younger Lauren also tweeted earlier.
Confirmed, casual fans are not allowed.
- Woodrow Wilson
- Horace, Epistles