Serena: "I apologized to Maria at the player's party" before Maria's press conferenc - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 05:54 PM   #31
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Serena: "I apologized to Maria at the player's party" before Maria's press confe

Quote:
Originally Posted by damalulani View Post
Serena said those things in a PRIVATE conversation ON THE PHONE with Venus. She didn't say it to a camera or a recorder. The reporter included it in the story because he wanted to make the article big. So no, she doesn't have to explain to the world what she talked about in her PRIVATE conversations. Don't tell me the rest of the WTA don't gossip, so unless there is a rule of some kind, Serena doesn't have to explain anything to anyone.
^ agree

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
matty is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 05:54 PM   #32
country flag qqgeoxxh

qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of
Re: Serena: "I apologized to Maria at the player's party" before Maria's press confe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yashal View Post
Pure shade! Take note little lanky girl!

Meh, Maria couldn't really say that because the past 9 years have show Williams is a superior tennis player. Do that sugarpova Maris. Sour grapes flavour seems an appropriate addition.
qqgeoxxh is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 05:56 PM   #33
country flag matty

matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute matty has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfect Angel View Post
Obviously. Maria is frustrated with all the beatings she get on court and now she found herself a way to show Serena she's superior than her in something.
Superior in what-? Sharapova comes out as being as catty as ever-just like those comments she made at the French Open about Serena's "arms".

ooo h a n t u c h o v a ooo a z a r e n k a ooo s w i l l i a m s ooo v w i l l i a m s ooo k e y s ooo m a t t e k - s a n d s ooo k u z n e t s o v a ooo
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 05:56 PM   #34
country flag qqgeoxxh

qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
I cant believe people are picking maria as the bitch here. Hello? serena is the one talking trash behind her back, to magazines of all people. Maria just defended herself and said the truth. STOP.
No. This is not an accurate account. Serena is allowed to have private phone conversations discussing what she wants.

Maria is in the wrong!
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 05:58 PM   #35
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

I'm sorry but Maria can't just accept an apology. If she accepts an apology then its a sign for Serena to carry on trash talking her but all she needs to do each time is apologize and it'll be ok. Not the right signal to put out.
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 05:59 PM   #36
country flag Alejandrawrrr

Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute Alejandrawrrr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1SteffiGraf#1 View Post
I love it.

It means Maria didn't accept Serena's fake apology. Lesson learned @ 31 years of age, Serena.
What, that Martha's still mad at her? I'm sure Serena will be very sad as she beats the ever loving hell outta that girl in their next meeting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqgeoxxh View Post
Maria why!?

It's been shown her comments were probably calculated and deliberately mean spirited.

She could have just said; "Serena mentioned that, said she couldn't remember - I'd hope she could say it to my face, but shouldn't get personal fap fap fap". Hence, Serena looks bad and immature for saying anything - given the environment.

But now, it seems clear that Maria wanted Serena's business being talked about and media fodder.

Maria looks more and more like a pressed, bothered conniving sap.

So much for being media savvy, everyone now knows Serena has REALLY gotten to her.

I wonder if she'll get any heat from press though!?
Girl please, we all know someone like Maria would never be held to the same standards as someone like Serena. I mean, we all know if Serena responded to Sloane's apology by trashing her in the press conferences, we would still be hearing about how that is classless and she should be above it. Someone like Sharapova can get away with that with only a "meow! catfight " I mean we always hear about Serena's missteps, does Sharapova ever get bad press for the numerous "shady" things she does?
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:00 PM   #37
country flag matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulBlade View Post
I cant believe people are picking maria as the bitch here. Hello? serena is the one talking trash behind her back, to magazines of all people. Maria just defended herself and said the truth. STOP.
she was on the phone in a private conversation with her sister and mentioned no names-the reporter put that in. Sharapova brought a wife and kids into a situation that she knows nothing about in a Press Conference! If he's separated, then dating Serena is his business-not Sharapovas'.

Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:00 PM   #38
country flag qqgeoxxh

Quote:
Originally Posted by NadalSharapova View Post
I'm sorry but Maria can't just accept an apology. If she accepts an apology then its a sign for Serena to carry on trash talking her but all she needs to do each time is apologize and it'll be ok. Not the right signal to put out.
It's one thing to not accept an apology, it's something else to take it further like she did. Maria is supposed to be media savvy and she just made herself look petty and bothers - to the media public. She handled this poorly!
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:02 PM   #39
country flag starin

starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute starin has a reputation beyond repute

I just think Maria has a black heart. She must have so much repressed anger to lash out even after Serena personally apologized to her.
starin is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:02 PM   #40
country flag qqgeoxxh

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Enfant Sauvage View Post
Girl please, we all know someone like Maria would never be held to the same standards as someone like Serena. I mean, we all know if Serena responded to Sloane's apology by trashing her in the press conferences, we would still be hearing about how that is classless and she should be above it. Someone like Sharapova can get away with that with only a "meow! catfight " I mean we always hear about Serena's missteps, does Sharapova ever get bad press for the numerous "shady" things she does?
True.
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:03 PM   #41
country flag Annie.

Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute Annie. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by starin View Post
I just think Maria has a black heart. She must have so much repressed anger to lash out even after Serena personally apologized to her.
She has 9 years of pent up anger & aggression that is finally coming out.
Annie. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:03 PM   #42
country flag NadalSharapova

NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all NadalSharapova is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqgeoxxh View Post
It's one thing to not accept an apology, it's something else to take it further like she did. Maria is supposed to be media savvy and she just made herself look petty and bothers - to the media public. She handled this poorly!
if someone punched you, you'd punch them back just as hard or harder, right? Yes obviously as it's the right thing to do, only a coward would accept an apology. This is a same thing but verbal rather than physical. And the rule is, whoever STARTS it is in the wrong.
NadalSharapova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:04 PM   #43
country flag SoulBlade

SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light SoulBlade is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
STOP.
SoulBlade is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:05 PM   #44
country flag T-rex

T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute T-rex has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie R U OK? View Post
She has 9 years of pent up anger & aggression that is finally coming out.

Maria is correctly credited with being mentally tough. But clearly, Serena has broken her.
T-rex is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:05 PM   #45
country flag qqgeoxxh

Quote:
A lot of hidden rage. Didn't she almost physically attack Serena after the Miami final - wanting to arm wrestle around the handshake. That's how it looked to me. Girl has a problem.

But understandable I guess. How many tears has she shed after losing to Serena SO MANY TIMES.
Closed Thread