Hertogenbosch F: THE AMAZING Simona Halep def. Kristen Flipkens 6-4 6-2 - Page 5 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:31 PM   #61
country flag Qrystyna

Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute Qrystyna has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hertogenbosch F: THE AMAZING Simona Halep def. Kristen Flipkens 6-4 6-2

Amazing work by SiGOATna! It seems around the time people started calling her "Simugna" on this board, she started playing better. Back to back titles on clay and grass is quite a feat. She's going to be one to watch this year.
Qrystyna is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:40 PM   #62
country flag Ollie.

Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute Ollie. has a reputation beyond repute

So happy for Simona! Before Rome, I thought she was going to fall out of the top 100, but now, she's in the top 30 and rising! What an achievement, and she has a beautiful game. She's so sweet too, such a lovely, shy personality.

Kirsten Good week though, and her speech wasn't that bitter.

Rybarikova _ Hradecka _ K.Bondarenko _ Flipkens _ Govortsova _ Krajicek _ Martic _ Cetkovska _ Rezai _ Peer _ Begu _ Dulgheru _ Arvidsson _ Larsson _ Hercog _ Mattek-Sands _ Scheepers _ Pliskovas _ Peng _ Minella _ Puchkova _ Voegele _ Laine
Ollie. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:49 PM   #63
country flag Ballbasher

Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute Ballbasher has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT2009 View Post
s'Hertogenbosch winners have records of losing 1R at Wimbledon. Just saying.
2012:Petrova R3
2011:Vinci R3
2010:Henin R4
2009:Tanasugarn R1
2008:Tanasugarn QF
2007:Chakvetadze R3
2006:Krajicek R1
2005:Zakopalova R1
2004:Pierce R1
2003:Clijsters SF

They certainly haven't done too well, but lately they have become more consistent.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:53 PM   #64
country flag Crunchy Booboo

Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of

Kristen Flipkens has a really bad attitude. I remember thinking she did when Radwanska hit that behind-the-back shot against her and she didn't even laugh or applaud the shot. Now she confirmed it with this match. Get a sense of humor, lighten up.

Lisicki. Vekic. Sharapova. Kerber. Jankovic.

Upda†edJesus.com
Crunchy Booboo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 06:34 PM   #65
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Flipkens sat down on the chair MP down complaining about the weather in Florianapolis vs Puchkova and argued for a long while too. Disgusting bitch.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #66
country flag MashaAzarenka

MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future MashaAzarenka has a brilliant future

So happy for Simona! Dark horse!

Sydney SF - Tsvetana Pironkova (6-4, 6-3) Australian Open R1 - Luksika Kumkhum (6-2, 1-6, 6-4) Doha QF - Jelena Jankovic (6-1, 6-3) Dubai R2 - Carla Suarez Navarro (1-6, 6-4, 7-6) Indian Wells R4 - Dominika Cibulkova (6-3, 6-2) Miami QF - Maria Sharapova (7-5, 6-1) Stuttgart R2 - Alisa Kleybanova (6-2, 7-6(3)) Madrid SF - Simona Halep (6-7, 6-3, 6-2) Rome R2 - Shuai Zhang (7-6, 5-7, 6-3) French Open R3 - Svetlana Kuznetsova (6-7, 6-1, 9-7) Eastbourne QF - Heather Watson (w/o) Montreal R3 - Ekaterina Makarova (6-4, 1-6, 6-2) Cincinnati R2 - Elina Svitolina (6-2, 7-6) US Open R3 - Aleksandra Krunic (6-4, 6-4)
MashaAzarenka is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM   #67
country flag Wintermute

Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute Wintermute has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats to Simona on an amazing couple of weeks. And to her long-time fans who are seeing their dedication starting to pay off. I know what that feels like - it's really good!

Will be interesting to see if she can sustain the results with her new gameplan and start to take out some of the higher ranked players. Wimbledon will be a good test of that.
Wintermute is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 06:58 PM   #68
country flag BillFromRichmond

BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of BillFromRichmond has much to be proud of

I'm a big fan of both players. I think you people need to lay off Flipkens. This is a COMPETITIVE SPORT and nice guys ( or gals) often finish last. Even the goddess Serena had a melt down in a US Open Final a few years ago. No one is perfect all the time, so cut them some slack.
BillFromRichmond is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:29 PM   #69
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFromRichmond View Post
I'm a big fan of both players. I think you people need to lay off Flipkens. This is a COMPETITIVE SPORT and nice guys ( or gals) often finish last. Even the goddess Serena had a melt down in a US Open Final a few years ago. No one is perfect all the time, so cut them some slack.
this
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 08:09 PM   #70
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Congrats to Simona on an amazing couple of weeks. And to her long-time fans who are seeing their dedication starting to pay off. I know what that feels like - it's really good!

Will be interesting to see if she can sustain the results with her new gameplan and start to take out some of the higher ranked players. Wimbledon will be a good test of that.
I "found" her about 2 years ago and saw then something special even if she didn't had results. A great game here and there but she never managed to hold it together and was losing badly many times, crying with emotions.
On April this year she got a new coach Andrei Mladenea and started to change... a month later she reached the semis in Rome! Amazing change and a great sports story!
I am not greedy, keeping the rankings high is good enough for me. She will be ranked 32 in the world career high on Monday. She was ranked 68 only 40 days ago. 36 places jump in 40 days...
She must be very tired. Anything in Wimbeldon is just a bonus imo
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 08:12 PM   #71
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillFromRichmond View Post
yes, Flipper isn't that bad. She complimented Simona today about her being in the best shape of her life and living on a cloud of her own
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 09:00 PM   #72
country flag flareon

flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute flareon has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hertogenbosch F: Simona Halep def. Kristen Flipkens 6-4 6-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Joe View Post

glad they changed those fugly trophies from last year!
TT 2013: Won 25k Rancho Santa Fe DW/Phil=)
TT 2014: 1/2 Kuala Lumpur Singles,Won WTA FlorianapolisDW/Phil=),25k NottinghamDW/Phil=),F Istanbul 50kDW/Phil=)
flareon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 09:02 PM   #73
country flag Crunchy Booboo

Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of

Congrats Simona I've always seen the name around but never knew what type player she was.

Lisicki. Vekic. Sharapova. Kerber. Jankovic.

Upda†edJesus.com
Crunchy Booboo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 10:14 PM   #74
Petkorazzi

Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute Petkorazzi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Si Si Simona View Post
yes, Flipper isn't that bad. She complimented Simona today about her being in the best shape of her life and living on a cloud of her own
I took the photo in your avatar back in either 2007 or 2008. How random.
Petkorazzi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 10:27 PM   #75
country flag Cindy and Kate

Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute Cindy and Kate has a reputation beyond repute

Back to back titles on different surfaces, and with some impressive scorelines too. Congrats and good luck in Wimbledon.
Cindy and Kate is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote