The mods owe us an explanation for closing the Pova/Serena threads - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:32 PM   #1
country flag LightWarrior

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute
The mods owe us an explanation for closing the Pova/Serena threads

Why do you guys do that ?
The news is all over the internet, it's huge !
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:35 PM   #2
country flag qqgeoxxh

qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of
Re: The mods owe us an explanation for closing the Pova/Serena threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightWarrior View Post
Why do you guys do that ?
The news is all over the internet, it's huge !
I support this motion!
qqgeoxxh is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:36 PM   #3
country flag qqgeoxxh

qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of qqgeoxxh has much to be proud of

How can the supposed premier women's tennis forum not have a discussion about the biggest story of the day?
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:37 PM   #4
country flag Human Nature
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute Human Nature has a reputation beyond repute

me too

Michael Jackson :King Of Pop and Musical Genius
Until i die you will always be in my heart .
Serena Williams : Greatest Player of All Times .
Ready for 18
Human Nature is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:37 PM   #5
Morning Morgan

Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute Morning Morgan has a reputation beyond repute

Seconded.

"No, I'm not. But with you, I don't even care."
Morning Morgan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:37 PM   #6

LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute LightWarrior has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonerpova View Post
You owe everyone here an apology for all of your posts ever.
Where did that come from ?
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:38 PM   #7
country flag Crunchy Booboo

Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of Crunchy Booboo has much to be proud of

They have to flex their ability or else they'd feel worthless without having to edit or lock something. In other words, it makes them feel powerful and/or important.

Lisicki. Vekic. Sharapova. Kerber. Jankovic.

Upda†edJesus.com
Crunchy Booboo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:39 PM   #8
country flag gbenga

gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute gbenga has a reputation beyond repute

explanation!!! explanation!!! explanation!!! explanation!!! explanation!!! explanation!!!

gbenga is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:41 PM   #9
country flag crescentmoon

crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute crescentmoon has a reputation beyond repute

Actually the moderators are doing a good job trying to keep people from breaking the rules of the forum and as such when enough people break the rules they have every right to close a thread. Frankly I am surprised you would start such a thread attacking the moderators.
crescentmoon is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:44 PM   #10
country flag Stonerpova
`

Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute Stonerpova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Where did that come from ?
I got you confused with a different poster and deleted my post

Sorry.

http://imageshack.us/a/img534/5492/maria1y.pnghttp://img689.imageshack.us/img689/4647/xk7s.png
Sharapova Ivanovic Jankovic Pavs Wozniacki Wickmayer Goerges Cetkovska Vaidisova
Tweet. Tumble. Blog.

Stonerpova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:44 PM   #11

My feeling is that some of the mods are obviously huge Pova fans, really shocked by what Pova said. Well that's not fair, mods shouldn't be biased.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:46 PM   #12
country flag qqgeoxxh

Quote:
My feeling is that some of the mods are obviously huge Pova fans, really shocked by what Pova said. Well that's not fair, mods shouldn't be biased.
Yes Lightwarrior. Let them have it!
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:53 PM   #13
country flag Sir Stefwhit

Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute Sir Stefwhit has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think closing this thread had to do with any bias toward one player over another...

On the one hand it was totally relevant and it's what everybody in the tennis world is talking about so naturally one would expect the worlds largest tennis board to be deep into debates..,

On the otherhand the thread was moving at a pace that there wasn't any real discussion going on. It was mostly people wanting to chirp in more than anything else. If ever there was a thread ripe for spiraling waaaay out of control that was it.

So it's a question of actually waiting to close a thread because u know its on its way to the point of no return- or waiting to actually HAVE a real reason and not just potential before closing the thread. It's a judgement call...
The REAL GOAT Rafael Nadal
Future Inductees: Clijsters, C.Evert, A.Agassi, A.Berasategui, N. Zvereva, I.Majoli, M.Safin, Li Na, VIKA, and Del Potro
Sir Stefwhit is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 08:05 PM   #14
country flag James
Kookie Supporter

James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute James has a reputation beyond repute

We would vastly prefer having a thread about this. As is said, it is a big topic. We have given it every effort to start off by cleaning up the thread, but to no avail. Reports kept coming in from all sides and the thread could hardly be contained. We do not expect posters to agree, but we at least expect them to follow the rules and refrain from insults, baiting etc (clearly outlined in GM and in the FAQ section).

Currently another thread is up (using the Azarenka angle this time). We will leave it open for now, provided the rules are not continuously broken. Consider it a second chance for the time being.

We have received a lot of complaints lately about how especially GM has turned into a cesspool. Something we do not terribly like, because this place should be enjoyable for everyone. We are getting used to being accused of bias from whatever side (usually the other side screaming just as loud claiming the opposite). Our primary motive will remain keeping this place enjoyable for everyone, regardless of what player they support. If that is not your primary motive, so be it, but don't expect us to not enforce the rules.

My Sporcle quizzes: http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33...nament-winners
http://www.sporcle.com/games/James33/wta-nationalities

Enjoy playing quizzes and games at FunTrivia: http://www.funtrivia.com/?ref=James25

RIP ELENA BALTACHA
James is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread