Is Anyone Else Hopping on the Jamie Hampton Bandwagon? - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:12 PM   #31
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is Anyone Else Hopping on the Jamie Hampton Bandwagon?

I've been on the bandwagon since her match against Vika at the Australian Open, tbh
Advertisement

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:34 PM   #32
country flag danbo

danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future danbo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyingGravity View Post
I would really love to have the chronic back problems sorted out for her. I wonder if it's spinal or muscular. If it's muscular, she can do things to improve flexibility and strength.
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...565347781.html

Two herniated discs. That is why she was wearing those compression shorts at Eastbourne to hold her back together.

Today against Nina, Jamie was tbh nearly stiff as a board, I don't want to think how her back was affecting her.
danbo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:40 PM   #33
country flag DefyingGravity

DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute DefyingGravity has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by danbo View Post
http://www.australianopen.com/en_AU/...565347781.html

Two herniated discs. That is why she was wearing those compression shorts at Eastbourne to hold her back together.

Today against Nina, Jamie was tbh nearly stiff as a board, I don't want to think how her back was affecting her.
Mmm. Well, for herniated discs, continuing to wear the compression shorts and really getting the area warm before play. Also, disc hydration at either a PT or D.C.'s office would help some if it isn't ruptured. There are some good specific exercises that a PT should know to get the muscles to become stronger and help take some of that pressure off of the spine (and therefore discs). There are some great tools for spinal decompression (which gets the disc rehydrated).
Sabine Lisicki, Zheng Jie, Garbine Muguruza, Vera Zvonareva, Caroline Garcia
Monica Seles (9), Lindsay Davenport (3), Kim Clijsters (4), Sandrine Testud
DefyingGravity is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:41 PM   #34
country flag Hartson

Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute Hartson has a reputation beyond repute

No.. Brainless player
Hartson is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:09 PM   #35
country flag QuestJon

QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold QuestJon is a splendid one to behold

Damn.

I nearly got trapped too.

Just the moment I wanted to hop in there was the Vesnina
express overtaking with so much more speed that I nearly missed out!
QuestJon is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 06:54 PM   #36
country flag égalité

égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute égalité has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. I think she's making the QF this year at Wimbledon
Bitttchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh You Better Pay It Honey! The Devil Is A Liar!!!!! Bitches Get Interviews And Shit? Where They Do That At Honey? Girls Are Late Honey!!!! The Queen Needs To Get Into It Honey Cause The Girls Is Late Out Here! Yes Honey Im Throwing Epic Shade!

Management!
égalité is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 07:05 PM   #37
country flag mauresmofan

mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute mauresmofan has a reputation beyond repute

I like her - reminds me a tad of Amelie - not exactly by how she plays but on certain shots like the serve and the casual way she volleys and drops. Also her walk is Mauresmoesque (I think anyway)!
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 11:51 PM   #38
country flag PLP

PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute PLP has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauresmofan View Post
I like her - reminds me a tad of Amelie - not exactly by how she plays but on certain shots like the serve and the casual way she volleys and drops. Also her walk is Mauresmoesque (I think anyway)!
I agree with the Momo comparison! I have noticed that as well.
Jaime is great, I hope she continues developing her variety.

Martina Hingis Forever!!!
PLP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 12:54 AM   #39
country flag VeeJJ
Flawless

VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute VeeJJ has a reputation beyond repute

Me! 100 million percent.

Victoria Azarenka ~ Venus Williams
Maria Kirilenko ~ Petra Kvitova
VeeJJ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 03:38 AM   #40
spartanfan

spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute spartanfan has a reputation beyond repute
She's got a lot of potential. Can't wait to see how she does the rest of the year.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 05:25 AM   #41
country flag Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future Invisible Fan has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonsaystennis View Post
Invisible Fan, I can tell you a lot about Jamie. I didn't start following ITF events until about 2009. Fortunately for me, that year there was a 10k coming to my hometown in Cleveland. I went hoping to be impressed by the local phenoms who were beginning to make some noise (Lauren Davis and Kyle McPhillips, both were only 15 at the time). What I ended up getting to see was Jamie Hampton winning her first event coming back from injury, and I believe it was also her first event as a professional player.

Back then what impressed me about Jamie was that out of all of the girls in the tournament, she had such an incredible all court game. She could hit hard from the baseline, but also was very imposing at the net, winning nearly every point she played up there. I knew she was a player to watch and have been following her ever since. 2010 was Jamie's breakout season. She absolutely owned the American ITF circuit. She won two 50k's and two 25k's and was runner up at least two more 25k's and one more 50k.

In her junior days, Jamie was a solid prospect, but I think most people would have predicted her to be better suited for college. Most of her standout results were in doubles, such as winning the USTA Girls U18s doubles title twice. From what I've gathered, fitness and her attitude were two big things that held her back during those years.

For Jamie, I think sky is the limit. As long as she can stay healthy, she really has an all court game that will be able to give a lot of players trouble. Staying healthy is key though, because as I said earlier, she suffered a wrist injury early on that kept her out a year, and then has had problems on and off with her back. Here is to hoping Jamie stays healthy and keeps moving in the right direction!
Thanks for the run down
The commentator also mentioned that she beat Wozniacki in one of the junior slams years ago.

The bandwagon was slightly derailed yesterday. Let down match for Jamie as she didn't seem to handle the wind (and Vesnina was good).
Interested to see how she goes vs Sloane at Wimby.

All time favourite: Anna Chakvetadze

Will my weakness for an hour, make me suffer for a life time?
Invisible Fan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 05:45 AM   #42
country flag b2b

b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold b2b is a splendid one to behold

wanted to,but after several recent matches, i decided that she's only top 20 material if she goes about it this way. Her FH is the main problem and BH >>>>> FH.And she's already 23, i wonder how much she will be motivated to really "want it".
b2b is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 23rd, 2013, 06:05 AM   #43
country flag #1SteffiGraf#1

#1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future #1SteffiGraf#1 has a brilliant future

<<<<<-------

I'm, not sure she tanked the EB final though. Winning a singles title is huge for a young player like her. Maybe she gave up after a tough start though? IDK.

Anyway, I love her demeanor. She is kind of like a throw back to players in the 90's before the "brat generation" .
------------------------------------------------------------
Hingis Fan est. 1996
Pova Fan est. 2009
#1SteffiGraf#1 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote