Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass - Page 13 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 07:06 PM   #181
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future
Re: Wimbledon 2013: Reminiscences of Green Grass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrollPova View Post
I don't get the worry about her R1 opponent . Oudin better win her opener...that rematch must finally come to fruition . But yes, want that Vika SF
How have you been Matt? Haven't heard from you for a while guess the elephants are keeping you busy How long are you staying there?
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 08:08 PM   #182
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't imagine a better draw. I hope to see another great SF
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:29 AM   #183
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot ask for a better than for Maria than this.

Maria, get your grass roots back and please for christ's sake - for the first time in almost a decade, have a good Wimbledon (not saying she has to win).
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:46 AM   #184
country flag dsanders06
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute dsanders06 has a reputation beyond repute

Generally good draw, but Bartoli is the one player in her quarter who I am REALLY nervous about. She's in sucky form, but she was also in bad form heading into the US Open last year and we all know what almost happened when they met. If they do meet (which obviously isn't a certainty since Marion can suffer inexplicable losses to scrubs at the best of times), and Marion is serving at her best and hitting the cover off the ball, and Maria is playing as conservatively as she did on grass last year, that could be a recipe for an upset.

This is really the one Slam where I've given up hope that she'll ever win again, so if she can just make the semis that would be a great result from my perspective.
dsanders06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:56 AM   #185
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

She made the final 2 years ago I still believe she can win it.

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:00 AM   #186
country flag TrollPova
Don't Be A Hater, Dear

TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute TrollPova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
How have you been Matt? Haven't heard from you for a while guess the elephants are keeping you busy How long are you staying there?
Hey! I'm doing really well . Elephants and my students are definitely keeping me busy . I've only got a little over 2 weeks left! Can't believe how fast time has gone. I will never eat rice and curry again once I'm home .

Hope I get to watch a few of Maria's matches here. Doubtful though
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:01 AM   #187
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Drop the topspin forehand for this event please.

And I have high expectations for this tournament (didn't for RG) because she said at the start of the year that Wimbledon was her goal. Last year she said FO was the goal and she got it!

And I have no problem with Melanie Believedin but revenge is in order.
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:35 AM   #188
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Drop the topspin forehand for this event please.

And I have high expectations for this tournament (didn't for RG) because she said at the start of the year that Wimbledon was her goal. Last year she said FO was the goal and she got it!

And I have no problem with Melanie Believedin but revenge is in order.
i might have a nightmare of your avi tonight....
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:27 AM   #189
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
I cannot ask for a better than for Maria than this.

Maria, get your grass roots back and please for christ's sake - for the first time in almost a decade, have a good Wimbledon (not saying she has to win).
What about Wim 2011 and OG?..
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:46 AM   #190
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
What about Wim 2011 and OG?..
QF Cibulkova, SF Lisicki -a very good draw + she didn't even lose a single set. Then got completely stunned by Kvitova.

Olympics was better, but i'm talking about Wimbledon.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:49 AM   #191
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Quote:
QF Cibulkova, SF Lisicki -a very good draw + she didn't even lose a single set. Then got completely stunned by Kvitova.

Olympics was better, but i'm talking about Wimbledon.
But anyway we can consider Wim 11 as good one.
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:51 AM   #192
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

If i remember correctly, Maria made 7441 double faults in Wim 2011? and still managed to make the final
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:52 AM   #193
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafanovic. View Post
Zheng is due for a win against Serena right?

She's been so close so many times lol
Will be cheering for her like a crazy person!!!
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:08 AM   #194
country flag domon17th

domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future domon17th has a brilliant future

Quote:
If i remember correctly, Maria made 7441 double faults in Wim 2011? and still managed to make the final

Sis... That'd be 0-6, 0-6 R1 loss
domon17th is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:36 AM   #195
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by domon17th View Post

Sis... That'd be 0-6, 0-6 R1 loss
She does have a point about Maria's form in that tournament. Other than the the Cibulkova quarterfinal where she was awesome, having only 1 DF, she was pretty erratic overall. I still cringe over that Lisicki semi. Maria had 13 DFs, at least one in each service game, and still won in straights, which gives you an idea of the quality of the play.

Unfortunately, that carried over into the final where Maria was so tentative and defensive and it cost her. And knowing now what we do about Petra, that final is looking more and more like an even bigger lost opportunity. It's too bad the 2011 Maria and her serve still wasn't at the level it needed to be. If the Maria of now had shown up that year, she would have won the French and Wimbledon.

So as far as 2013 Wimbledon is concerned, I have hopes that we see a consistently good level over several matches from Maria that hasn't been there in quite a while at this tournament. She needs to silence the critics that have been saying grass has passed her by and she's too slow to handle the pace.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote