Romanian full results thread - Page 14 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 05:26 PM   #196
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future
Re: Romanian full results thread

Cibulescu
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 07:34 PM   #197
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

It's this time of the month again:

Wimbledon MD:

Paszek - Cadantu
Halep - Govortsova
Niculescu - Barthel
Begu - Torro-Flor
Cirstea - Voegele

I want to here some experts' predictions.

Actually every girl has the chance to win a round here, even the Duchess, but of course things will turn out different as usual.
Curcubeu is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 10:43 PM   #198
country flag codrutc

codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold codrutc is a splendid one to behold

I am not an expert so I will just go ahead and waste some computer memory space and say that in my opinion all Romanian girls have a good chance to advance, including Monica and Alexandra.
codrutc is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 12:53 AM   #199
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Cadantu 30%
Halep 90%
Niculescu 40%
Begu 60%
Cirstea 60%
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:39 AM   #200
country flag Si Si Simona

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djezonfly View Post
Cadantu 30%
Halep 90%
Niculescu 40%
Begu 60%
Cirstea 60%
great view
I will only change Cirstea to 50%. Sorana does not have "plan b" and never changes her game. When things go wrong she is finished
Si Si Simona is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 09:19 AM   #201
country flag Curcubeu

Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute Curcubeu has a reputation beyond repute

Paszek - Cadantu

Paszek is obviously injured, but she will fight for her ranking. She loves playing in Wimbledon and will probably seek from the memories of her victorious past.
Alexandra on the other hand just doesn't seem to feel comfortable on this surface in general.
Paszek in a close straight setter

Halep - Govortsova

Simona is on fire and trashed her opponent 0&1 earlier this year already. Keeping the ball in play will always be enough for Govortsova who doesn't have the patience, nor the fighting spirit or focus to compete on a good level for an entire match.
If Simona shouldn't be too tired, this will be an easy straight set win.

Niculescu - Barthel

Simona can't win a match at Slams to save her life and Monica is a horror match-up for her. Nics should be all fired up by her great doubles success and she has nothing to defend from last year.
If she keeps focused, she should prevail.
It will be very important for her to win the 1st set, then I can't see Barthel being motivated enough to start a come back.

Cîrstea - Vögele

Nothing is predictable with Sorana, but she is going into this match with a 3-0 lead in the H2H and she is just by far the better player on grass out of these two.
Anything else, but a win would be really disappointing, but I can see her dropping a set for brainless reasons.

Begu - Torro-Flor

A match in which Irina-Camelia can just embarras herself. Torro hasn't played a single match on grass so far in her career and with the poor footwork of the Spaniard, even on her beloved clay, and her generally dire form this year, I can't see her doing anything on this surface now.
Irina-Camelia just won a doubles title and is getting slowly back into rhythm. This is the perfect warm-up match for her.
Must-win match, anything else would be shocking.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 10:54 AM   #202

Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold Si Si Simona is a splendid one to behold

nice analysis Curcubeu
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 02:46 PM   #203
country flag degady64

degady64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorana win the 1-st, 7-5
degady64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #204
country flag degady64

degady64 is an unknown quantity at this point

Qualified in 2 tour: Carstea, Halep, Niculescu and Begu
degady64 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #205
country flag ALIEN

ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold ALIEN is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by degady64 View Post
Qualified in 2 tour: Carstea, Halep, Niculescu and Begu
We will see about that.
ALIEN is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 24th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #206

I hope Simona will not be too excited and will not fight too hard! I am just afraid of injuries. You saw what happened to Vika today, and Simona plays for 2 weeks non stop...
Its only half of the season! Wimbeldon is great but we need to be logical and not go crazy

but, it will not happen and I know that Simona will go 100%
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #207
country flag Curcubeu

R1 finished:

Sorana winning a match in straight sets starting come backs in both of them

Irina-Camelia just having won a doubles titles, lost a match against a sucking player who has never played on grass before.

Simona kept her winning streak alive and toughed it out against Govortsova.

Alexandra who hasn't won a WTA match on grass yet, beats Grass GOAT and gets her 1st GS win on her worst surface.

Monica is wasting triple MP against a player who hasn't won a slam main draw match since AO last year.

Romanian tennis:

Better than scripted.
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #208

haha "when nothing is sure everything is possible"
great line
all the romanian girls take it as their motto
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #209
country flag Djezonfly
Wimbledon Champion

Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute Djezonfly has a reputation beyond repute

Moving on ! Let's forget about today's failures and look forward to the successes of tomorrow !

R2 :

Alexandra "Duchess" Cadantu vs. Kimiko Date-Krumm
Simona "Goddess" Halep vs. Li Na
Sorana "Peasant" Cirstea vs. Camila Giorgi

My predictions :

Alex : 30%
Simona : 50%
Sorana : 60% (I'll be cheering for GOATmila just so you know)
Djezonfly is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #210
country flag Curcubeu

Cirstea vs. Giorgi

Tactical, disciplined tennis at its absolute peak awaiting us with the brainier player, that is Sorana, snatching a win in straights.

Halep vs. Li

Simona will put up a fight, but I expect a routine scoreline like 6-4 6-3 in favour of Li

Date Krumm vs. Cadantu

6-3 6-1 for the woman who can play on grass, but please no bagel.