Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5 - Page 3 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #31
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Off Topic....Anything Goes vol5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
oh btw it was Wonderfan that got him banned, check his new sig quote.
I mean, do they employ him to post patrol on other player forums? someone needs to get him banned from our SS (i.e. Craig) because it's getting hilariously ridiculous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serfpova View Post
Because we don't report enough, they report every single little thing any of us write.

But yeah, it's getting ridiculous now. And also, people here have been banned from Serena Slam for reporting their posts so I'm not sure how the same doesn't happen here. You need to slay those bitches Craig.
Stop the whining.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #32
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsanders06 View Post
Svetlio was banned? I assumed he'd blocked me when I couldn't send him a PM just now.
Look who's back!

Trih is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #33
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I just read this article ...it's about Serena and her quotes. Maria is also mentioned but it's not definitive it's about her, so I'm posting it in the Off Topic
http://deadspin.com/serena-williams-...ium=socialflow

Quote:
Serena Williams is letting the press back into her life, big time. If you're unfamiliar, this is the "Serena comes out of her shell" part of the Serena dialectic, which is only a few pungent quotes from a full retreat and the "Why won't Serena let herself be loved?" stage.

The latest entry is a Rolling Stone profile, which comes on the heels of John Jeremiah Sullivan's Times Magazine cover story last August and a new documentary on Serena's tennis life with her big sis. The RS story is by Stephen Rodrick, author of the new book The Magical Stranger and this great Dennis Rodman profile that you can read at The Stacks. He visited Serena in Florida three months ago, and she gave him, well, a few pungent quotes.
Here, for instance, is Serena with an unfortunate "she wore the dress" take on Steubenville:

We watch the news for a while, and the infamous Steubenville rape case flashes on the TV—two high school football players raped a 16-year-old, while other students watched and texted details of the crime. Serena just shakes her head. "Do you think it was fair, what they got? They did something stupid, but I don't know. I'm not blaming the girl, but if you're a 16-year-old and you're drunk like that, your parents should teach you—don't take drinks from other people. She's 16, why was she that drunk where she doesn't remember? It could have been much worse. She's lucky. Obviously I don't know, maybe she wasn't a virgin, but she shouldn't have put herself in that position, unless they slipped her something, then that's different."
While on the phone with Venus, Serena didn't do much to conceal some bad-mouthing of a fellow WTAer:

"There are people who live, breathe and dress tennis. I mean seriously, give it a rest." Serena exits the car and the conversation moves on to a Top Five player who is now in love. "She begins every interview with 'I'm so happy. I'm so lucky'—it's so boring," says Serena in a loud voice. "She's still not going to be invited to the cool parties. And hey, if she wants to be with the guy with a black heart, go for it."
Rodrick takes an "educated guess" that it's Maria Sharapova since her boyfriend is Grigor Dimitrov, an ex of Serena's (unless, for some reason, Serena thinks that Redfoo has a black heart, which maybe we can't disagree with).

And Serena says what we long knew about her relationship with Sloane Stephens, and we hope this puts an end to it all:

I don't know where all that mentor stuff came from. I am definitely not that girl's mentor.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #34
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
Stop the whining.
start the modding

and oh my Serena, oh my

Last edited by Cosmic Voices : Jun 18th, 2013 at 09:06 PM.
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #35
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

I'm probably gonna sound like a bitch and I might even be slightly unreasonable, but I really don't care since I'm having the worst day since...I don't even know. I like being a moderator, but you guys have to understand that it gets a teensy bit annoying for me to constantly request certain posters to be banned from SS (and whatnot) since, as you all know, I can't do it myself. The best thing you guys can do is to report offensive and trollish posts and if you really can't handle something, then PM an admin about it. If they get enough complaints, they will take action.

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #36
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

btw regarding the Serena situation, you know what journalists are like, they could easily have fabricated what she said or at best dramatised her comments.
but it's a pretty shocking turn of events tbh.

and Craigy, je suis desole
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #37
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig. View Post
I'm probably gonna sound like a bitch, but I really don't care since I'm having the worst day since...I don't even know. I like being a moderator, but you guys have to understand that it gets a teensy bit annoying for me to constantly request certain posters to be banned from SS (and whatnot) since, as you all know, I can't do it myself. The best thing you guys can do is to report offensive and trollish posts and if you really can't handle something, then PM an admin about it. If they get enough complaints, they will take action.
Don't worry, I have other friends who moderate forums and I understand how mods can be put under a big stress. Forgive us if we whine here about the moderation sometimes..
One thing is for sure, if I even start caring to read some "dangerous" threads in GM, I'll start using the forum tools I never had the need to use.

About Serena's interview, as I said on twitter, as much as I don't like her I don't want to believe such things. I'd like to have some proof or some interview by her to deny that, otherwise those are pretty nasty words (besides the player shade, they do it all the time so who cares )
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #38
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
btw regarding the Serena situation, you know what journalists are like, they could easily have fabricated what she said or at best dramatised her comments.
I don't know she has said some really stupid things in the past These views sound like something she'd believe (especially the Sloane and the Maria one if she didn't think she was on the record since she was talking to her sister).
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #39
country flag Trih

Quote:
Exactly. And that's why I want to see if a denial interview comes out, looks too weird to be true to me.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #40
Forever Sharapova.

pretty shady of the journalist to include it though.
ofc from studying journalism myself, if Serena didn't say 'off the record' then he has the right to print it. but all of this is dependant on if the actual comments were true. but it seems farfetched that she'd bad-mouth a wta player knowing full well that a journalist was profiling her?
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #41
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Chris, did you go today? Were you able to take a picture with him? I'm so mad
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #42
Forever Sharapova.

no unfortunately I was too ill
been suffering from a massive migrane all night. but @NovakSupport kept me updated

check out his page, there's loads of event photos
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #43
country flag PimpMePova

Is that guy who took the interview well known. Is he credible? It's a Rolling Stone piece though so I'd imagine he is. And OK the thing on the phone is not an actual quote so it might be paraphrased and not even about what the reporter says it is. But honestly I don't really mind that (although it sounds petty and bitter on her part) players shade each other all the time and it's not like Maria and Serena are besties. But the thing about the girl being raped was a question she answered and that quote does sound the way Serena talks IMO plus I don't think they'd put something on that subject that she didn't say. And of course she'll apologize or deny what she said that doesn't mean this isn't what she believes and that's really sad.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #44
Forever Sharapova.

But the way journalism works is, writers tend to transcribe the entire interview and pick out the best bits. So for all we know, Serena could've continued on that subject further, maybe in a more positive light, but the writer decided to choose the most shocking/interesting part

I mean ofc if Masha had said anything in the shade of this it would be all over GM right now
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #45
country flag Fiercepova
JJ Project - BNior

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

I can't believe there are 2 Uniqlos on the Oxford Street, and I went to the wrong one After standing there for 10mins and thinking why this one was so small, I realized I got to the wrong one and ran to the other one. When I came, it was so full but I was still able to sneak in. After a while, I was standing in the 3rd row of the queues right in front of him, which was very close. And they chose people standing in the left queue to be able to take pictures with Novak We people who standing in the middle and the right sides had nothing to say We tried to yell and boo and say that it was so unfair, but they ignored all of us