Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 242 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #3616
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
So it has taken over 2 years for Caroline to get Yonex to custom build a racket to her needs?
I thought the same thing. To be fair we really do not know everything that has been going on with her and her racquet but if the scenario you describe is true...well, that's just insane.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #3617
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Tbh I didn't think Caro was very impressive. I said at the time I thought it was a good draw because of Paszek's complete lack of form and that she is carrying an injury, pretty much turned out that way. The R2 draw is also a good draw, Caro needs to take advantage.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #3618
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Ehh. She was ok for the first match but Tamira was awful. She has a favorable draw here so qf is a possibility.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #3619
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Favorable draw? She most likely will play vs Brittish hope, the next goat Laura Robson in R2!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #3620
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Favorable draw? She most likely will play vs Brittish hope, the next goat Laura Robson in R2!
Robson's serve sucks and she isn't good when you move her. I'm not that concerned about it. She still has to win her match too, which isn't certain, since she likes to lose against lower ranked players.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:39 AM   #3621
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Favorable draw? She most likely will play vs British hope, the next goat Laura Robson in R2!
Robson is woeful. I know some people who went to watch her at Birmingham last week. They said the crowd was in shock at how bad she was, and said that people didn't understand that this is how she actually plays most weeks. That is the problem now for Robson, the crowd (in general) think she is a lot better than she is, so you don't get a good reaction when she then stinks up the joint. The atmosphere in Birmingham was very subdued as a result, rather than the crowd getting behind her when she's struggling.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:41 AM   #3622
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
So it has taken over 2 years for Caroline to get Yonex to custom build a racket to her needs?
That seems rather ridiculous to me.

Caro should have just stuck with her old Babolat.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #3623
country flag JadeFox

JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute JadeFox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Robson is woeful. I know some people who went to watch her at Birmingham last week. They said the crowd was in shock at how bad she was, and said that people didn't understand that this is how she actually plays most weeks. That is the problem now for Robson, the crowd (in general) think she is a lot better than she is, so you don't get a good reaction when she then stinks up the joint. The atmosphere in Birmingham was very subdued as a result, rather than the crowd getting behind her when she's struggling.
Robson has a lot to work on before she can contend for any title, let alone a Slam. That big serve of hers though will be an advantage for her on grass. But yeah she needs to win her match first before she and Caro can meet.

When Daylight's fading,We're gonna play in the dark
Till it's golden again
JadeFox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:44 AM   #3624
country flag sweetadri06

Quote:
That's the problem with British media hype. They expected her to beat Caroline, and i wasn't jumping on that bandwagon. I even told people here that she would be less of a problem for Caroline than Jovanovski because of her movement.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #3625
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
That seems rather ridiculous to me.

Caro should have just stuck with her old Babolat.
Yes it doesn't make sense. That is the strangest thing about this for me (and the numerous large tension changes Caro has been trying out), all this should have been sorted out years ago. Djokovic had problems initially when he joined up with Head, but they sorted him out a custom racket to his liking by the clay season the year he changed. The problem now is Caro has lost all confidence so the racket I highly doubt is the only problem.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #3626
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
That's the problem with British media hype. They expected her to beat Caroline, and i wasn't jumping on that bandwagon. I even told people here that she would be less of a problem for Caroline than Jovanovski because of her movement.
Yes this is all the British media's fault, if this turns out to be a problem, it will be them who have caused it. Today Robson is playing Beygelzimer live on BBC (the most viewed channel in UK). When she probably wins, BBC will go way overboard about how great it is for Laura to start performing at tour events against lesser players, and that is what she needs to do regularly. They will then likely say it is better for her to play Wozniacki tomorrow, because she can beat anybody on her day.

The problem with this is she's already been built up into something she isn't. The crowd at Wimbledon (mainly non-tennis fans) are going to expect her to perform at a level she's rarely performed at, and expectations in general will be ridiculous. I was discussing with said people who went to Birmingham, how higher rank a player she would have to draw for the crowd to realise she is the underdog and get fully behind her (it's definitely somewhere in the top 10).

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeFox View Post
Robson has a lot to work on before she can contend for any title, let alone a Slam. That big serve of hers though will be an advantage for her on grass. But yeah she needs to win her match first before she and Caro can meet.
In theory Robson's serve is a weapon on grass, however her serve is in a terrible state atm as a result of Krajan changing her service motion. So right now it probably isn't much of a weapon (her serve was poor last week vs Hantuchova).
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 01:27 PM   #3627
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Do the Wimbledon Main draw come out today?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #3628
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Do the Wimbledon Main draw come out today?
Friday.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 03:16 PM   #3629
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Beyond The Baseline ‏@SI_BTBaseline
Piotr Wozniacki, Caroline, and Rory all front row to watch Robson-Begelzimer. Caroline plays the winner. #wta
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #3630
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

Ha! did anyone see Wozzy and Rory watching Laura. Caro was hiding under jacket!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
And people said this is better that WTA jajaja, any WTa match is better than this clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, most WTA matches end in 6-0 6-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaspin View Post
You are jar jar binks.
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread