Donna Vekic - Page 340 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #5086
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future
Re: Donna Vekic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Unfortunate
A good fight in the second though
I hope she can keep the form going into Wimbledon
New Career High of 64

I know I will receive so much hate but I do find it funny that Donna is almost Top 50 with Main Draw wins at only 5 WTA Tournaments and more than 1 win at only 2 events (although she did make the final at both which says something about her consistency, something we can't see at some tournaments)
It is not funny because I am pretty sure her points gain only at Grand slam/Wta tournament are about the same than the other players within her ranking range. So she is ranked where she should be.
guichard is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #5087
country flag guichard

guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future guichard has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
For those of you who watched her Tashkent final, how do you think her performance today compares? After giving it some thought, I think Hantuchova deserves more credit for taking charge of more of the rallies (too much running by Donna). I do think it's handy that Donna can pull the reins in and be more consistent (like against Sanchez), but to beat a great ball-striker like Dani, Donna should have tried to dictate more, or at least get the first hit in a few more rallies.

Edit: After reading my own assessment, I even forget that Donna is about to turn 17. A lot of this will come with experience.
Very few big serve at key moment today. Who knew what would have happen if she played better in the tiebreak
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #5088
country flag SidTheKid

SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future SidTheKid has a brilliant future

Sad that she lost today but great week for her. Reaching another final and career high ranking future is bright

and few others

#20 #8 #1 #3
SidTheKid is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #5089
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by guichard View Post
It is not funny because I am pretty sure her points gain only at Grand slam/Wta tournament are about the same than the other players within her ranking range. So she is ranked where she should be.
A) I found it funny: you may not have but I have my own opinion which is as valid (if not more) than yours

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 03:24 PM   #5090
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Cilic serving for the set, let's see what he's made of. Can he bring the title to Croatia today ? Not likely but who knows after that slip from Muzza things started to change.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #5091
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Donna this year hasn't lost to any player that is ranked worse than her. Actually it happen once, in Kuala Lumpur, when she lost to Mattek-Sands (then WTA 197th) but Mattek-Sands is now already 55th in the rankings which shows no shame in that loss too. In all other matches Donna has beaten all her opponents who are worse ranked than her or even better ranked than her in that moment (Hlavackova, Putintseva, now Cristea, Radwanska, Rybarikova). So, so far she has 5 wins over better ranked players but 1 loss (and that player improved significantly in ranks since that match and in few months became also better ranked than Donna) against lower ranked player. Does that actually suggest that Donna is over or under ranked?
Furthermore, not to mentioning she is STILL just 16 and has restrictions to play full calendar as others in top 100 don't have! Well done Donna!
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #5092
country flag guichard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
A) I found it funny: you may not have but I have my own opinion which is as valid (if not more) than yours
Yours is not valid because it is not based on facts(what you are really implying is that she is over ranked). As I said her GS/WTA points are more or less the same than the other players around her
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:14 PM   #5093
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
Furthermore, not to mentioning she is STILL just 16 and has restrictions to play full calendar as others in top 100 don't have! Well done Donna!
When are the restrictions coming down ? Is it at her 17th birthday, in 12 days ?
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #5094
country flag Hele.

Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute Hele. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
When are the restrictions coming down ? Is it at her 17th birthday, in 12 days ?
No...when she accomplish 18.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:21 PM   #5095
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

@DonnaVekic Donna Vekic 12:13 PM
Thanks for all of your support this week - many more finals to come

@DonnaVekic Donna Vekic 12:14 PM
And passing on the champagne to daddy for fathers day!!

She has the most beautiful smile. :melts:

Last edited by RU90 : Jun 16th, 2013 at 04:38 PM.
RU90 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:23 PM   #5096
country flag Bleeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hele. View Post
No...when she accomplish 18.
Ok, that sucks, but is there a difference between being 16 and being 17 when we're talking restrictions ?
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #5097
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

What I like of her is that she smile when there is a good rally no matter if she won or lose it! She ia nice person
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #5098
country flag Hele.

Quote:
Ok, that sucks, but is there a difference between being 16 and being 17 when we're talking restrictions ?
Yes, she will get (I think two more) few more tournaments to play.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #5099
country flag Banditoo

Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute Banditoo has a reputation beyond repute

So Wimbledon and USO open I hope?
I think everyone in sport can be inspired by what Venus has done and how she's come back and winning championships and just doing so well. So I have been utterly completely inspired by that. I just have no words for it. There is no greater champion in my eyes.
Banditoo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #5100
country flag guichard

Quote:
As a 17 years old, she will be able to play 16 tournaments + 4 merited increases(getting directly in the main draw or qualifying of Grand Slam and mandatory tournaments). You can only use 2 merited increases for the Grand Slam. So in short she will be able to play about 20 tournaments form her 17th birthday until she turns 18
Closed Thread