Wimbledon 2013 - Page 8 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #106
country flag Wonderwall

Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold
Re: Finally! Sabine on Grass 2013

Video H/L's versus Riske. You can see the 'hindered' point at 1.13.

http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-eve...tch+Highlights
Wonderwall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #107
country flag lovethetennis

lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold lovethetennis is a splendid one to behold

It appears to me that Riske made noise right as Sabine was making contact with the ball. Thanks for the link Wonderwall!
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #108
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

Sorry but that was no hindrance at all, she had no chance to get that ball in and Riske didn't really make much noise.

Why is there a video, even with scores on it and no stream

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic, Svitolina, Kuznetsova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #109
country flag Wonderwall

Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold Wonderwall is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziva View Post
Why is there a video, even with scores on it and no stream
That was my first thought too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetennis View Post
It appears to me that Riske made noise right as Sabine was making contact with the ball. Thanks for the link Wonderwall!
No probs
Wonderwall is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #110
country flag Sabinator.

Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute Sabinator. has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh... yeah, I'm a bit dissapointed, but not that much. You kinda expect the things will go that way. You can see clearly she isn't playing her best tennis on grass. She's serving well but too many UEs and less points on 2nd serve which is very important after missing 1st serve. Well, she has time now to recover from that, train in London and eliminate those bad things happened in Birmingham. I believe it will be good, but she needs a good draw here as well. Good luck Sabine in your favourite tournament!

Magdalena Rybarikova * Su-Wei Hsieh * Jie Zheng * Jamie Hampton * Mathilde Johansson * Mona Barthel * Aleksandra Wozniak * Alison Riske
Andrea Petkovic * Jana Cepelova * Petra Cetkovska * Jovana Jaksic * Karolina Pliskova * Svetlana Kuznetsova * Yvonne Meusburger * Francesca Schiavone
Sabinator. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #111
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

It sounds like Alison did say something just as Sabine was hitting the ball, but I doubt Sabine would have had any kind of play on it. Had she hit a better dropshot and lob, the issue would never have come up. She should be focusing more on her own shots, but seems to get distracted when she starts to lose to lesser ranked players. I don't think it would have been an issue against Sharapova.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #112
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

Having seen those highlights, I'm not convinced either way over the hindrance call

I'm more concerned that Sabine wasn't able to defeat somebody like Riske on grass, and also the huge fuss she made over that call shows she isn't 100% mentally in the right place

She needs a good draw at Wimbledon, where she can battle through two rounds and maybe grow in confidence
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #113
country flag Valorian

Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light Valorian is a glorious beacon of light

I am disappointed with this result but hope she will do well at WImbledon.

Sara Tomic and Marion Bartoli
Valorian is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 02:15 AM   #114
country flag Mike81

Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute Mike81 has a reputation beyond repute

Disappointed with the result but also disappointed with some of Bine's fans contradicting her. She clearly felt she was hindered in that point, she argued with the umpire and typed two tweets about it! I realise there's no point in dwelling on it now with Wimbledon to look forward to but I think Bine's fans should back Bine up I'm sure on GM they're mocking her so we need to just support her.

Frustrating to go out in the quarters but the real matches are at SW19.

SABINE LISICKI- Wimbledon Quarter Finalist and Hong Kong Champion 2014!!

GENIE BOUCHARD- Australian Open Semi Finalist, French Open Semi Finalist, Wimbledon Finalist and Nuremburg Champion 2014!!
Mike81 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #115
country flag maturedgirl

maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold maturedgirl is a splendid one to behold

Was there from sunday until friday night!
My resume: She'd never lost the quarters on CC coz she was the far better player but this awful C1 / no idea why they scheduled a QF on that court?!/ didn't allow anything than serving! Balls bounced like crazy on suface that didn't merit the term "grass" ... and for that reason (and nothing else) she was understandable pissed she had to play there. Decent playing was simply not possible. In the afternoon she practised on much better conditioned c4 and looked great, returning and volleys and all, but this court is not good visible for spectators ... and VIP's area is located at c1...

She's a perfectionist and in great form but if you put players like her and Riske (who is better on grass than her ranking) on a field like that, allows no constructive playing out points, returning, it's a gamble game who wins. Have seen that before when Mona lost to Keyes on it! Riske played well, but she's by far the weaker "player" and it must be frustrating when you realize, circumstances level that gap !

I'm disappointed but can't reproach her having paniced this time. What I've heard from people watching the match's end yesterday she was absolutely right and bad treated in the deciding situation but shit happens and I'm sure she'd already ticked it off - it obv. wasn't supposed to be !

Early heading to the place she loves more than all now! But shame for the big chance to win that title to raise up confidence!

By the way: have seen a lot of bad calls / umpiring last days in brum and esp. on grass good umpires are relevant coz it's harder to repair faults by judgement! When Daniela played Schiavone so many bad decisions where made but Dani (a breack back in second after losing the first) managed it with all her experience, even turned it around but that's easier on this wonderful CC, that allowed long rallies without bad/cracy bouncing balls every second point!
Hope she can win the title today!

Enjoyed the time there a lot but weather (and negative consequences) is and will always be a problem

Sabine was the most supported player there, might be for that reason she loved to prepare there and not in Eastbourne but a pity that didn't help her this year. A guy from brum and big fan of sabine said to me during the riske match (at 6:7) something like "always hard to be a Sabeen fan but ..."
maturedgirl is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #116
country flag Beaumont

Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all Beaumont is a name known to all

Thanks for the analysis boomerangkid

Watching the highlights, I am surprised at the state of the court - it looked like a cow field!

Sabine is well loved in the UK, so she was the biggest draw left in the competition
So, sticking her out on that court reflects badly on the tournament - poor organisation, because the weather forecast showed her match would be a struggle to complete.
Beaumont is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #117
country flag Ziva

Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future Ziva has a brilliant future

There was no other way, they had to put her on court 1...

And there are multiple reports about her hitting on other courts playing awfull all week.
She played just as bad on CC as she played on court 1, only serve and UE's everywhere. We all saw that

But whatever some always seem to need their excuses

2013 Good Girl: Petra Kvitova
GG Race: Jankovic(+), Pironkova(F), Pennetta, Pavlyuchenkova(+), Halep(F), Ivanovic(MPbonus),Torro-Flor, Serena, CSN, Garcia, Cetkovska, Pliskova, Discount Sharapova(OD), Keys(F),Discount Sharapova, Serena, Venus, Wozniacki, Bencic(3ROD), Ivanovic, Svitolina, Kuznetsova
Ziva is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #118
country flag CillyUltra

CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute CillyUltra has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
My resume: She'd never lost the quarters on CC coz she was the far better player but this awful C1 / no idea why they scheduled a QF on that court?!/ didn't allow anything than serving! Balls bounced like crazy on suface that didn't merit the term "grass" ... and for that reason (and nothing else) she was understandable pissed she had to play there. Decent playing was simply not possible. In the afternoon she practised on much better conditioned c4 and looked great, returning and volleys and all, but this court is not good visible for spectators ... and VIP's area is located at c1...

She's a perfectionist and in great form but if you put players like her and Riske (who is better on grass than her ranking) on a field like that, allows no constructive playing out points, returning, it's a gamble game who wins. Have seen that before when Mona lost to Keyes on it! Riske played well, but she's by far the weaker "player" and it must be frustrating when you realize, circumstances level that gap !

I'm disappointed but can't reproach her having paniced this time. What I've heard from people watching the match's end yesterday she was absolutely right and bad treated in the deciding situation but shit happens and I'm sure she'd already ticked it off - it obv. wasn't supposed to be !

Early heading to the place she loves more than all now! But shame for the big chance to win that title to raise up confidence!

By the way: have seen a lot of bad calls / umpiring last days in brum and esp. on grass good umpires are relevant coz it's harder to repair faults by judgement! When Daniela played Schiavone so many bad decisions where made but Dani (a breack back in second after losing the first) managed it with all her experience, even turned it around but that's easier on this wonderful CC, that allowed long rallies without bad/cracy bouncing balls every second point!
Hope she can win the title today!

Enjoyed the time there a lot but weather (and negative consequences) is and will always be a problem

Sabine was the most supported player there, might be for that reason she loved to prepare there and not in Eastbourne but a pity that didn't help her this year. A guy from brum and big fan of sabine said to me during the riske match (at 6:7) something like "always hard to be a Sabeen fan but ..."

Which means she has even more time to practice in SW19, where the conditions will be much different weather wise and regarding the nature of grass courts.

Since 2009, when she reached the quarter-finals without winning a grass court match before and despite her then acute grass allergy, we know that she actually doesn't need a prep tourney on grass. 2011 was a bit different because she was on a come-back trail and was still in need of something like a breakthrough tourney. Pitty she couldn't do better at Birmingham, but the only grass court tournament that really maters is obviously Wimbledon and more important is anyway how well she's gonna play at the various hard court tourneys reamaining this season.

Players have an individual approach of how they prepare for Wimby. Angie practiced a week on indoor carpet and then plays Eastbourne. Others like Sharapova just practicing in Wimbledon because the grass courts there are quite different from the other tourneys. Sabine has a mix of playing Birmingham and practicing at Church Road, which worked quite well for her. Wouldn't make sense to play 2 tourneys before a GS anyway the type of player she is. Maybe competing in Nottingham/Birmingham from 2015 on, when the grass court season will be extended, is an option for her.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 07:18 PM   #119
country flag JohnMcP

JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold JohnMcP is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomerangkid View Post
This is consistent with my limited viewing of matches on C1 and supports my theory about why Riske is so tough at Birmingham. Everyone has been saying she is tough on grass, but each and every of her maindraw wins in the WTA have been at Birmingham. She has never won any MD match at Wimbledon, but probably is better termed a "Birmingham specialist" because she can better adapt to these courts that are different from any other they play on all year. Hopefully, Sabine will put all the negatives behind her and get in her happy space at Wimbledon.
JohnMcP is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 12:46 PM   #120
country flag sghskhgkj

sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice sghskhgkj is just really nice

Sabine's not on the entry list for doubles (Janette is) Fully focused on the singles this year, or maybe even opting for the mixed with Kasi?
sghskhgkj is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote