Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 238 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #3556
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

1 RADWANSKA, Agnieszka POL
2 QUALIFIER
3 KONTA, Johanna GBR
4 HSIEH, Su-Wei TPE
5 ZAKOPALOVA, Klara CZE
6 SAFAROVA, Lucie CZE
7 STOSUR, Samantha AUS
8 PETROVA, Nadia RUS

9 KERBER, Angelique GER
10 CIRSTEA, Sorana ROU
11 QUALIFIER
12 MAKAROVA, Ekaterina RUS
13 QUALIFIER
14 ROBSON, Laura GBR
15 PASZEK, Tamira AUT
16 WOZNIACKI, Caroline DEN

Rest of draw: http://www.lta.org.uk/3G/Tournaments.../2013/WMDS.pdf

Last edited by backhandsmash : Jun 15th, 2013 at 01:31 PM.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 01:26 PM   #3557
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Sigh...it's a bad draw (once again ). Paszek had nothing going on last year into Eastbourne and in fact was 2-13 on the year.
Paszek has lost in back to back weeks to a player ranked 167 in the world. If Caro can't beat her then there are severe problems.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #3558
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Paszek has lost in back to back weeks to a player ranked 167 in the world. If Caro can't beat her then there are severe problems.
Paszek lost to #137 and to #76 in the two weeks prior to Eastbourne last year.

Paszek lost to Riske last year on grass in Nottingham as well.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #3559
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

You still have to be winning these sort of matches if you want to be going anywhere in the rankings anytime soon. The potential R2 draw looks a good draw too.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 01:41 PM   #3560
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

I like how we're trying to convince each other who's worse: Caro or Tamira! Caroline has lost to a player, Qiang Wang, who had no top 100 wins before beating Caroline, and Qiang Wang was ranked #186. How about that?

There are no easy draws for Caroline these days. But I agree with Ozza. Caroline must start playing like a #9 and win the matches she's supposed to win.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 01:59 PM   #3561
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline has been terrible as well, that's why this draw does not give me any comfort. Round 1 is tough no matter what form Tamira is in, because Caroline isn't any better.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 02:27 PM   #3562
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think her overall level of play, and her determination to fight for matches is much more important than whether she wins a round or 2.
She used to be in semis 15 of 19 tournaments. She's a past champion here.
So I dont care if the draw is hard. I want to see high level play and fighting for each point.
Until we see that, a soft draw wont mean much (like in Charleston, couldnt have a softer trip to the semis and she lost to Voegele)
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #3563
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaroNole View Post
Ohhh finally, that black racket is 100% Babolat AeroPro Drive.
Is that the same Babolat racquet she used to use? If not, then how does it compare to her old Babolat racquet?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #3564
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

She wouldn't make the racquet black if it was Yonex racquet, I would think she can use and try out any Yonex racquet by her being singed to them so it will have to be another company racquet i guessing ?

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 03:10 PM   #3565
country flag Protoss

Quote:
You still have to be winning these sort of matches if you want to be going anywhere in the rankings anytime soon. The potential R2 draw looks a good draw too.
If Caro's progress in the rankings depends on beating players better than her on a particular surface, then improving in the rankings is going to be very difficult.

I don't know about you, but I consider Paszek to be a better grass court player than Caro even before this season.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #3566
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Assuming the black racket is a Babolat or any non-Yonex for the matter, she can train with that all she wants, when she plays an official match, surely her Yonex contract will stipulate, she will have to play with a Yonex.

Training with one racket and playing match with another, is just a recipe for disaster.

The days where footballers could promote Nike and get away with painting over the 3 Adidas stripes on their match shoes, are long gone.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #3567
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Assuming the black racket is a Babolat or any non-Yonex for the matter, she can train with that all she wants, when she plays an official match, surely her Yonex contract will stipulate, she will have to play with a Yonex.

Training with one racket and playing match with another, is just a recipe for disaster.

The days where footballers could promote Nike and get away with painting over the 3 Adidas stripes on their match shoes, are long gone.
It would of course indicate that she is thinking of changing racket though, whether she is willing to buy out of her current contract or they are willing to terminate her contract (possible given her results) we don't really know.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 03:36 PM   #3568
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Thats an important decision. Dont want to break a contract unless you are sure you would rather have the other stick
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 03:43 PM   #3569
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
If Caro's progress in the rankings depends on beating players better than her on a particular surface, then improving in the rankings is going to be very difficult.

I don't know about you, but I consider Paszek to be a better grass court player than Caro even before this season.
How low do you have Caro in the grass court rankings then? I don't really have set rankings by surface in my mind. But looking at this draw there looks far worse draws to me than a heavily out of form, carrying an injury player, even if she has done well here and on this surface in the past. I can't imagine Paszek is top 10 even on grass.

When I say this isn't a bad draw, that doesn't mean Caro will win, it's just Caro has to start winning these sorts of matches, because if you are not then there are way too many people in the draw who are getting the better of you, and then quite frankly Caro doesn't deserve to be top 10.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #3570
country flag Protoss

Quote:
How low do you have Caro in the grass court rankings then? I don't really have set rankings by surface in my mind. But looking at this draw there looks far worse draws to me than a heavily out of form, carrying an injury player, even if she has done well here and on this surface in the past. I can't imagine Paszek is top 10 even on grass.

When I say this isn't a bad draw, that doesn't mean Caro will win, it's just Caro has to start winning these sorts of matches, because if you are not then there are way too many people in the draw who are getting the better of you, and then quite frankly Caro doesn't deserve to be top 10.
If Caro were in decent to solid form, then I'd say she's maybe ranked 15 to 20 on grass.

I think if Paszek isn't top 10 on grass, then she's pretty close to it.

Should Caro have beaten Lisicki in 2009 at Wimbledon, Kvitova in 2010 at Wimbledon?

If Caro had drawn Kuznetsova during the clay court season, would you have said that Caro has to win that match?
Closed Thread