Maria on the British lawn - Eastbourne & Wimbledon - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 13th, 2013, 02:10 PM   #1
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of
Maria on the British lawn - Eastbourne & Wimbledon

New thread for the grass season !

Maria is playing Eastbourne and of course Wimbledon, where she has QF points to defend.
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #2
country flag Iblis

Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of
Re: Maria on the British lawn - Eastbourne & Wimbledon

She did a great HC season and maybe an even better (due to expectation) clay one, now it's really time to peak.

Wickmayer | Vesnina | Robson | Giorgi | Pironkova

Sharapova, Petrova, Makarova and all the Russian girls
Iblis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #3
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iblis View Post
She did a great HC season and maybe an even better (due to expectation) clay one, now it's really time to peak.
I guess she is really excited about her great season so far, I hope there is plenty of motivation to reach even more!! Now it's time for Maria's first GS semifinal appearance!

no seriously, I hope she can have a good run at Eastbourne, because she won't be able to defend her points from the Olympics...
then of course, a R16 or QF in Wimbly would be nice. The draw will tell us more about her chances there

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #4
country flag MaKiri94
SöderKing 2014

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

Needs a good draw does kiri as long she don't get rena or masha she could get to the semis. I would not mind her getting aga again just for a bit of revenge.
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #5
country flag Iblis

Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of Iblis has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri94 View Post
Needs a good draw does kiri as long she don't get rena or masha she could get to the semis. I would not mind her getting aga again just for a bit of revenge.
She got it in Indian Wells, wouldn't mind though a revenge part. 2, that's for sure.

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #6
country flag MaKiri94
SöderKing 2014

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

Worth mentioning that errani has withdrawn from eastbourne so opening up a little I suppose. The draw is out tomorrow i think so lets wait and see.

Last edited by MaKiri94 : Jun 14th, 2013 at 05:44 PM.
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #7
country flag Iblis

This is the main draw.

Quote:
(1)Radwanska v Q
(wc)Konta v Hsieh
Zakopalova v Safarova
(wc)Stosur v (8)Petrova

(3)Kerber v Cirstea
Q v Makarova
Q v Robson
Paszek v (5)Wozniacki

(6)Kirilenko v Jovanovski
(wc)Baltacha v Q
McHale v Wickmayer
Niculescu v (4)Kvitova

(7)Ivanovic v Vesnina
Lepchenko v Watson
Pennetta v Bartoli
Cornet v (2/wc)Li

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #8
country flag Celeborn

Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all Celeborn is a name known to all

Not bad. The first two rounds seem doable to me, although the switch to grass can prove difficult. A potential quarterfinal against Kvitova is of course tough, but well, it is a strong tournament.

Lets hope for the best
Celeborn is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 01:28 PM   #9
country flag Remix13

Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of Remix13 has much to be proud of

Jovanovski is dangerous...
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #10
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix13 View Post
Not so much if you're not a slumping Dane...
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #11
country flag Iblis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remix13 View Post
She already played three matches on grass, so Kiri is probably going to be rustier than her.
Still, if you look at other seeded players draws, we cannot complain at all.
It's definitely a match that Maria got to win.

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #12
country flag Remix13

Kiri will probably have some troubles getting used to grass... That's more a problem than Bojo indeed.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #13
country flag MaKiri94
SöderKing 2014

Kiri vs Bojo first could be tough then she gets potentially a Brit the round after so she could get past the first two rounds but then probably Petra that will be tough considering kvitty's best surface is grass consider she has won wimby before but lets worry about that when it happens.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 04:07 PM   #14
country flag Vikkiri.

Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of Vikkiri. has much to be proud of

Davai babe
Vikkiri. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #15
country flag peterlein

peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all peterlein is a name known to all

yes, the draw looks pretty fine. This is a tournament with a strong field indeed, so it could have been much worse.
But as you mentioned, Kiri will have to adapt her game to grass quickly, otherwise Bojo could give her some troubles.
R2 then could be easier, and then probably Kvitova. Sure, she won Wimbledon, but 2 years passed since then, and Kvitty isn't in her best shape at the moment.
...first let's win the first rounds
When will Maria play her first match?

...olympic bronze medalist...
peterlein is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote