What tennis racquet do you use? - Page 31 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #451
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold
Re: What tennis racquet do u use?

Power is directly related to the swing weight, so if you want a more powerful racket you should go for one which has a higher swing weight than average rackets (i.e. larger than 315-320), and I suggest you pick a headlight one rather than a head heavy racket.
I do believe that Prince racket's breaking strings sooner than other rackets is a myth. The Exo3 grommets make the strings move and snap back easier which does not necessarily contribute to strings breaking. Playing top spin shot, on the other hand does break your strings earlier. If you are particularly concerned about that, you can either buy a racket with a closed string pattern (18 x 20), or use polyester strings in the mains, or even having a full bed of poly.

May the HAMMER smash the cross
Payam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 12:39 PM   #452
country flag charmedRic
Rican In The Burgh

charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute charmedRic has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrinbaker00 View Post
I switched from the Head Microgel Prestige Pro to this...
http://www.tennis-warehouse.com/Head...EAD-HYLEP.html
...strung with Head Sonic Pro Black 17 at 52 pounds. I even put a black grip on it.
sharp looking frame, lost me with that string pattern tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Payam View Post
Power is directly related to the swing weight, so if you want a more powerful racket you should go for one which has a higher swing weight than average rackets (i.e. larger than 315-320), and I suggest you pick a headlight one rather than a head heavy racket.
I do believe that Prince racket's breaking strings sooner than other rackets is a myth. The Exo3 grommets make the strings move and snap back easier which does not necessarily contribute to strings breaking. Playing top spin shot, on the other hand does break your strings earlier. If you are particularly concerned about that, you can either buy a racket with a closed string pattern (18 x 20), or use polyester strings in the mains, or even having a full bed of poly.
Yep, swing weight is key for power and plow-through.

Just a caveat with the poly strings, if anyone's had elbow issues don't agree to trying a poly string until you've talked about it to the person selling/suggesting that string.

I go to http://www.racquetsportsindustry.com...ctor_2012.html and look through the strings to look at their stiffness ratings. At one point my tennis elbow was so bad that after 1 hour of play my hand would be numb and my serve would loose all power/feel to it. After several Grastons' treatments it is under control and I've started testing polys again. I've found that for me at tensions in the low 50's I can handle stiffness () in the 235 to 165 range of the polys. For doubles on my STEAM 105S, which has that ridic open 16X15 pattern, I have Goosen Polyquest (stiffness 235) ... for singles on my Pro Staff BLX 100 I have Head FXP Tour (stiffness 165) ... both are durable for the frames they're on and elbow soreness is minimal and gone once I'm down playing.

I didn't mean to ramble ... but tennis elbow (and golfer's elbow) truly suck the life out of one's game ... so I always like to raise the flag so ppl don't get hurt.
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #453
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Not a racket but my new Tennis Racket Bag

Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 02:57 AM   #454
country flag Povin
postcyber

Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future

I have Wilson Hyperion 7.0. The package said that Raonic uses it, not anymore I guess. But I'm no way a servebot
Povin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 03:40 AM   #455
country flag Payam

Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold Payam is a splendid one to behold

I don't think that Raonic has ever used it. It is a light racket with a big head, something that none of the pros use because of its high power (which requires a shorter swing and gives you less control).

May the HAMMER smash the cross
Payam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 02:44 PM   #456
country flag MrPitiful

MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all MrPitiful is a name known to all

Just got a Wilson BLX Juice pro 100... Pretty happy with it
MrPitiful is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2013, 06:16 PM   #457
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post

i love it!
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13th, 2013, 03:02 AM   #458
country flag F-R-E-A-K

F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute F-R-E-A-K has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post

I want it!!!
F-R-E-A-K is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 07:03 PM   #459
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

prostaff 88

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #460
country flag Povin
postcyber

Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future Povin has a brilliant future

Guys, can you help me? I have Wilson Hyperion 7.0, but absolutely loved Wilson Pro staff 95 when I touched it in the store. I love how thin the frame is + this racket is for more control, which I am seeking. Is there a big difference between these two rackets? I absolutely hate thick-framed rackets (in width of frame), and I am a baseliner with a great court coverage and "touch" shots.
Povin is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17th, 2013, 05:33 AM   #461
country flag Start da Game

Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute Start da Game has a reputation beyond repute

haven't played with hyperion but i think there's significant difference between the two......my prostaff doesn't give me easy power but the feel and control is great with it......it feels a bit heavy in the hand but you get used to it after a few days......

enlighten yourself...
Start da Game is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 01:25 AM   #462
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

I've been using my Dunlop Aerogel500 for a really long time (I've been too cheap to switch racquets )! It suits my game really well since it is light so I can accelerate fast and gives me a lot of control. If you're not really naturally strong it's a really good inexpensive choice (it's a very old racquet :P)

Question: If I DO decide to upgrade to the fancy new modern racquet technology, what do you guys suggest is a good transition? I love my yellow racquet, many a good memories in tennis tournaments.
Old Jul 18th, 2013, 01:51 AM   #463
country flag Six Feet Under
Singleniacki

Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute Six Feet Under has a reputation beyond repute

Been in love with The K-Factor Team, 104 head, Serena and Venus used it a few years ago. They've stopped making it and I can't by anymore replacements, plus I've been wanting to switch for a while.

Had a hit with the new Aero Pro Drive and I really like it, think I'm gonna switch.

BTW I can't play with a Prince racquet for the life of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valanga View Post
Singleniacki is gonna snatch wigs in 2014.
Six Feet Under is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #464
country flag moodin0931

moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute moodin0931 has a reputation beyond repute

Liquid Metal 4. Is that bad?
moodin0931 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #465
country flag Potato

Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute Potato has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by moodin0931 View Post
Liquid Metal 4. Is that bad?
I love that racket!!! It really gives a lot of control, almost impossible to miss with that racquet