Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign - Page 69 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #1021
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Mirjana's spring 2013 campaign

Hope the crowd will be wearing some protective headgear - bombs will be flying
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #1022
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

If she beats Lisicki I think she can go all the way, but who knows what will happen tomorrow.
ajmo! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #1023
country flag WhatTheDeuce
11/11/11

WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute WhatTheDeuce has a reputation beyond repute

Great win today Miki gotta love the grass!
Never come

WhatTheDeuce is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #1024
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmo! View Post
If she beats Lisicki I think she can go all the way, but who knows what will happen tomorrow.
You really can't predict anything with Miki. Lisicki is tougher than Yanina but I was surprised Lucic served a bagel today.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #1025
country flag KingOfSwing

KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all

wow what big turnaround for lucic this past 2 match both players rank high above her and Wickmayer top 50 sure to make her feel good get wta wins like this in under one hour both times and a bagel to wickmayer on too of this. Wickmayer pretty dangerous on grass too. Probably these things lucic makes her feel the hard work worth it all and make her glad she come back and stick around. Really she is making the living on tour probably even lose at Wimbledon singles she will have over 200,000 euros prizemoney already. But something I think she appreciate the wins more. Must be good feeling crush top 50 star anywhere you can. She must know hey I can beat the best ones in tennis. Cool. JJ winning too in Nuremberg really can't wait to see both this girls play Wimbkedon singles and doubles. Any chance formlucicmmwith lipstick ? I never seen her play so what kind of game will she bring vs. mirjana tomorrow? gL to do your best lucic. Felling good on the grass that is pretty obvious.
KingOfSwing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #1026
ajmo!

ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute ajmo! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertytx View Post
You really can't predict anything with Miki. Lisicki is tougher than Yanina but I was surprised Lucic served a bagel today.
And what a bagel. Yanina won only 5 points in set, one on return.
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #1027
country flag SERVivor

SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold SERVivor is a splendid one to behold

I think she has a good shot against Lisicki. They both have great first serves on grass. I think Mirjana actually returns serve a little better than Lisicki on this surface. It would help to get the first serve percentage up to around 60 percent to lessen the possibility of double faults being a big factor in the match. If Sabine serves in the 70 percent range like today, it will be very tough. Hopefully, Miki gets a lot of looks at second serves. Because Lucic attacks the serve so much, it could cause Sabine to go for too much on first serve and thus drop her first serve percentage. That would help. The best thing is it will most certainly be livestreamed and we get to see an in-form Miki on her best surface against a high quality opponent. I have seen only two of her grass court matches live since her comeback and that was Azarenka and Bartoli matches. I look forward to seeing her play tomorrow.

Last edited by SERVivor : Jun 12th, 2013 at 03:34 PM.
SERVivor is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #1028
ajmo!

Well, since her comeback in 2010 she played one bad match on grass on WTA, against South in Birmingham last year.
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 03:39 PM   #1029
ajmo!

In 2008 she def. Rodionova in Rosmalen, lost in 3 to Tanasugarn who went on to win tournament.

In 2010 she defeated Danilidou, Hlavackova, D.Marino and Sprem in Birmignham- lost to Rezai who was TOP15 at the time.
In Wimbledon she beat Birnerova, Smith and Krajicek and lost in MD to Azarenka( 36 36).

In 2011 she reached Birmingham QF by defeating Stevenson, Vinci and Hlavackova. Lost to Ivanovic.
In Eastbourne she defeated Shvedova, Vesnina and Keothavong. Lost in 3 sets to defending champion Makarova.
In Wimbledon she lost R1 to Cibulkova 8-6 in third. Cibulkova reached QF.

In 2012 she lost to South in Birmingham.
In Eastbourne def. D.Marino and retired to Vesnina.
In Wimbledon she beat Bogdan, Dulko, Schoofs, Panova and Bartoli. Lost in 2 tb's to Vinci.

In 2012 so far wins against Pliskova and Wickmayer.
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #1030
country flag qwertytx

qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold qwertytx is a splendid one to behold

Next year she should just sit out the entire clay court season, show up to the FO and collect R1 prize money and play some doubles, play the ITF on grass week 2 of the FO (if she's out of dubs), and play three more grass court tournaments. She sucks on clay and is amazing on grass so I see no point for her to travel around and lose R1 in some small tournaments on clay.
qwertytx is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 05:10 PM   #1031
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertytx View Post
Next year she should just sit out the entire clay court season, show up to the FO and collect R1 prize money and play some doubles, play the ITF on grass week 2 of the FO (if she's out of dubs), and play three more grass court tournaments. She sucks on clay and is amazing on grass so I see no point for her to travel around and lose R1 in some small tournaments on clay.
I wouldn't go that far - she does have wins over Martinez Sanchez, McHale, Dokic, Hampton, Makarova etc. on clay. But I would consider maybe staying in the States after Miami (and/or Charleston) to play a few of those 50k and above ITF's on green clay before coming to Europe only for the French Open. She is better on green than on red clay IMO and could collect more points that way. Of course, she can collect almost the same amount of money for bombing out in R1 of Rome or Madrid as for winning 5 matches on a 50k, so it's a lot more work, but I'm pretty sure her confidence wouldn't suffer as much. Of course, the downside is that she'd face weaker opposition and maybe come gamewise not as prepared to Paris. Oh well, I don't think she'll listen to either of us
ma re is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #1032
ajmo!

If there was as many grass tournaments as clay she would be TOP50.
But, there are 3 and then also everybody plays those and it's even harder to get good results.
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #1033
country flag KingOfSwing

KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all KingOfSwing is a name known to all

Yes but don't some of lucic result from red clay are the best of her career? The wiki page puts this she both her wta titles on red clay and final w Steffi in another red clay plus only other tour semifinal on red clay in Rome and then a third round at Roland Garros in 03. Plus she did good at QF Strasbourg couple years ago and I saw how tough at Stutgart this year two. Look like she grew up playing red clay and knows to play good on it but just had no game this year for some reason? There's big Europe challengers she can play beside wta events before French open too. But fact is she has not won one grand slam match since Wimbledon last year. Hopemthismchanges quick. Hate to see her win no slam matches 2013.
KingOfSwing is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #1034
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Impressive 6-4 6-0 over Wickmayer, Mirjana !

Birmingham R3 vs Lisicki. Very tough draw. Best of luck

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #1035
ajmo!

Hope Mirjana's match will not be moved to some other court with no stream due to rain.