Coaching changes - NCAA Div. 1 - Page 15 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Oct 18th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #211
country flag fantic
esprits d'élite

fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute fantic has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Coaching changes - NCAA Div. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Thibodeau Adds Carling Seguso to Coaching Staff (UCSB): http://www.ucsbgauchos.com/sports/w-...2012101748rxcn
Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Dianne Matias is back as an assistant coach with UC Irvine.

(For BeachForm: Not to be confused with Maureen Diaz )
Glad to hear it

"Learning knows no differences of social caste or privilege. The mind is a radical democrat."
- Woodrow Wilson
fantic is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 7th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #212
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

Denver Promotes Christian Thompson to Women’s Tennis Head Coach: http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=208244074
Embittered is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #213
country flag Embittered

Quote:
Denver Promotes Christian Thompson to Women’s Tennis Head Coach: http://www.denverpioneers.com/ViewAr...CLID=208244074
With which shocking news I realised I had no idea who the blink Shelly was: https://twitter.com/DU_WTennis/statu...71875215958017
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #214
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

Texas Tech assistant Todd Chapman is the new head coach at Kansas
10sE is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 03:30 AM   #215
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats to a great guy. Hope this is a great fit for Todd.
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #216
country flag CTSEMT

CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all CTSEMT is a name known to all

http://www.wvgazette.com/Sports/WVU/201306150076

Wisconsin apparently hired the WVU head coach

It's like they have gone beyond not caring and are actually trying to suck.
CTSEMT is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 03:58 AM   #217
country flag 10sE

10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all 10sE is a name known to all

There isn't another sport other than women's tennis where a coach this bad (0-9 in the Big XII) can keep getting promoted. If she keeps losing matches she may just be the head coach at UGA one day.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 05:38 AM   #218
country flag darrinbaker00
Serena's #1 Hater

darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute darrinbaker00 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Thibodeau Adds Carling Seguso to Coaching Staff (UCSB): http://www.ucsbgauchos.com/sports/w-...2012101748rxcn
I'm glad someone hired Carling as a tennis coach, because there was no way she'd find employment with a degree in anthropology.
"He who finds a wife finds a good thing, and obtains favor from the Lord." -- Proverbs 18:22

"Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard." -- Herb Brooks

"A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life." -- Muhammad Ali
darrinbaker00 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:34 AM   #219
country flag Embittered

Alex Santos Named Pitt Women's Tennis Coach
Quote:
Santos leads the Pitt tennis program into the ACC

PITTSBURGH – University of Pittsburgh Athletic Director Steve Pederson has announced the hiring of Alex Santos as the new head coach of the Pitt women’s tennis program.

“I am extremely honored to have the opportunity to lead the University of Pittsburgh women’s tennis program,” Santos said. “This would not have been possible without the trust that Steve Pederson, Donna Sanft and their entire staff put in my ability as a person and as a coach. I am a firm believer that special people can accomplish special things, and at Pitt, I am surrounded by them. I look forward to taking Pitt into a new era of ACC tennis.”

Santos comes to Pittsburgh after spending the past four years at the University of Miami (Fla). Under his guidance, the Hurricanes have been a force on the national stage, earning Top-10 national rankings each season and advanced to the NCAA Tournament’s “Elite 8” four times. Santos helped the Hurricanes capture their first-ever ACC title in 2013, and for his efforts he was named the ITA National Assistant Coach of the Year. The Hurricanes were No. 8 in the final ITA team national rankings.
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #220
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Dianne Matias new head coach at Cal St. Fullerton

Matias Named Head Women’s Tennis Coach

FULLERTON, Calif. – Dianne Matias has been named head women's tennis coach at Cal State Fullerton, it was announced by Director of Athletics Jim Donovan on Thursday.
Matias replaces the recently retired Bill Reynolds, who served 24 years at the helm of the women's tennis program.

"I was very impressed with Dianne's depth of experience at the Division I level," Donovan said. "She has strong ties to Southern California, and I expect that knowledge to help in our recruiting efforts. She also has thorough experience in the Big West Conference, and I believe that will help steer our program to great success, building on the foundation that Bill Reynolds worked so diligently to establish."

Matias, who is the fifth Fullerton women's tennis head coach since 1984, is remaining in the Big West Conference after serving as an assistant on UC Irvine's staff last season.

"I am extremely honored to be the new head coach at Cal State Fullerton," Matias said. "I would like to thank Director of Athletics Jim Donovan, Associate Athletics Director Julie Bowse, and the selection committee for this tremendous opportunity and for their commitment to women's tennis. It is a great time to be a Titan, and I am excited to help the program reach new heights and build it into a perennial contender in the Big West."

In 2013, the Anteaters notched their first-ever NCAA Tournament victory with a 4-2 win over San Jose State. The squad finished the year ranked 33rd in the nation, clinched the Big West regular season championship, and also boasted the league player of the year in Kristina Smith.

The Anteaters experienced a 20-match win streak, and UC Irvine's 23-5 record marked the most wins in program history.

The head coaching opportunity will be the second for Matias, who served as Maryland's head coach for the 2011-12 campaign. She spent the previous two seasons as the Terrapins' assistant coach.

During her time at Maryland, Matias brought in the 23rd ranked recruiting class according to TennisRecruiting.net. In addition, Maryland's top singles player reached the round of 32 in the NCAA Tournament, while the doubles pair of Welma Lus and Ana Belzunce also qualified for postseason play.

As an assistant in 2011 at Maryland, the team reached a No. 34 ranking, which was the highest for the program since 1993, while the team advanced to the NCAA Tournament along with one singles player and one doubles team.

Before her three years at Maryland, Matias spent her first year in coaching as an assistant at UC Irvine in 2009.

A 2007 graduate of the University of Southern California, Matias ranked as high as No. 32 nationally in singles and No. 28 in doubles at the collegiate level. She also led the Trojans to a No. 3 ranking nationally at the end of the 2005-2006 season. During her senior year she served as one of the Trojans co-captains.

Before competing at USC, Matias played one season of high school tennis at Carson High School in California after being home-schooled for the three years prior at Futures High in Mission Viejo, Calif. Matias played No. 1 singles and doubles in her senior year and was named to the 2002 Los Angeles Times all-area first team.

At the junior level, Matias enjoyed a prolific career as one of the best players in California and in the nation. Matias was ranked as the No. 1 player nationally in singles at the U16 level in 2000 and 2001. Also in 2000, Matias earned the distinction of the USTA's Southern California Player of the Year.
Born in Balagtas, Bulacan, Philippines, Matias competed as a member of the 2007 Philippine team at the South East Asian Games and the 2008 Philippine FED CUP team.

In addition, Matias previously worked as a private tennis instructor with the City of Irvine from 2008-09 and once again the past year.

Fullerton will return to the court after completing one of its most successful seasons in recent history. The Titans finished the year with 11 wins – the most for the program since 2004.

In addition, Fullerton's four league victories in 2013 represented CSF's highest total since the Big West began round-robin play in 2006.
"I feel very fortunate to inherit a great group of student-athletes, and I look forward to furthering their recent success on and off the court," Matias said. "I intend to work tirelessly to develop our student-athletes in every way to ensure we represent Cal State Fullerton with pride."
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #221
country flag Embittered

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/article...a4bcf6878.html
Quote:
Penn State women's tennis head coach Dawna Denny-Wine announced her resignation on Friday.
Senior Chelsea Utting said she and the team learned about Denny-Wine's resignation on Thursday at a team meeting.

Men's tennis senior Russell Bader said her resignation was probably prompted by her husband and former Penn State baseball coach Robbie Wine getting a job in Texas and the couple recently having a kid.
Denny-Wine becomes the fourth coach in the last year to resign, after Wine, men's swimming coach John Hargis and softball coach Robin Petrini.
Penn State Director of Athletics Dave Joyner announced in a press release that men's tennis assistant coach Chris Cagle will fill in as the interim head coach for the 2014 season.
Old Jan 24th, 2014, 04:31 PM   #222
country flag 2nd_serve

2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all 2nd_serve is a name known to all

Jan. 23, 2014

Arguably the USC women's tennis program's most decorated alumna, Barbara Hallquist DeGroot will return to Troy as a volunteer assistant coach for the Trojans this season, head coach Richard Gallien has announced. An ITA Hall of Famer and national champion, DeGroot will work alongside Gallien and associate head coach West Nott to help guide the Women of Troy through the coming 2014 spring season.

"I am overjoyed to welcome home a wonderful friend as well as a Trojan great in Barbara Hallquist DeGroot," USC athletic director Pat Haden said. "She really is a cornerstone of the foundation of women's athletics here at USC. She is also a pioneer. As USC's first female scholarship athlete, Barbara paved the way for the 25 national championships that our women's teams have won. It is so exciting to have her back to help lead our women's tennis program."

Indeed, the first woman to receive a full athletic scholarship at USC, Barbara Hallquist DeGroot captured the national collegiate singles title in both 1976 and 1977 and played on four national championship teams under coach David Borelli. Ranked No. 1 in Southern California as a junior player, Hallquist won two national USTA junior titles, and nine national USTA titles overall. She was a co-recipient of the USTA Girls' Sportsmanship Trophy in 1975.

At USC, Hallquist was a four-time All-American, named Outstanding Female Senior Student-Athlete in 1979 and winning the USC Post Graduate Scholarship Award. Turning pro after college and attaining a career high world ranking of No. 30, she competed in all four Grand Slam events and reached the quarterfinals in singles at the 1980 U.S. Open. From 1985-88, Hallquist served as USC assistant coach, helping guide the team to the 1985 NCAA team championship. She now comes back to USC after having served as the women's tennis coach at Cate School in Carpinteria, Calif.

source
2nd_serve is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30th, 2014, 06:56 AM   #223
country flag Embittered

Syracuse: Luke Jensen resigns.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...JENSEN_RESIGNS
Old Feb 3rd, 2014, 04:07 PM   #224
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation

Quote:
Two thoughts

1) Nice timing. Way to commit to your girls

2) Look at their schedule over the years where he has picked up his 'tremendous wins' and then look at their schedule this year now that they are int he ACC.

His rah rah all US malarky wasn't going to fly anymore with an ACC level schedule and he fled. No place to add in Binghamton and Army on the schedule.

Class move in late January.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 4th, 2014, 12:31 AM   #225
country flag 10sE

There is more to it than this. The dual hands were somewhere they should not have been.