Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin - Page 84 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:12 AM   #1246
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

apparently Masha's a racist according to GM because she noted Serena's body type

what's new I guess?
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:13 AM   #1247
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
apparently Masha's a racist according to GM because she noted Serena's body type

what's new I guess?
just saw that...this whole thing is so ridiculous...
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:31 AM   #1248
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

It is so ridiculous hence why I don't post in GM. We have enough troubles as it is here.

Anyway, was gonna ask. She's obviously not going to do it this year. But what do you think about her playing doubles? Like its been discussed before, would you like to see her play doubles? And if so, would you rather her do it just during grandslams? And if so, women's or mixed? Or just at random tour events?

And who would you like to see her play with?

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #1249
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

Damn it. I had done so well not to even read threads let alone post in them....up until now.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:36 AM   #1250
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Personally, I'd love to see Maria play doubles. NOT at grandslams so in those she can focus on her singles. But at random smaller tour events. So like USO series. Or whatever she plays between AO and IW. It can improve her confidence at the net. Her reflexes etc so I think it'd be beneficial for her.

I'd love to see her play with Vesnina again.
Or Wickmayer. Remember when they were about to play together and couldn't get a WC

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #1251
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

TBH I dont really care for doubles so I dont really want her to play. I dont think her body could handle it anyway. But It wouldnt bother me if she did. There is no one I really like enough to make a suggestion as to a partner. This is going to sound awful but I think it would be so weird to see her play doubles...almost like its beneath her (I know its not) but it would be weird.
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:58 AM   #1252
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Well some of those GM posts are funny in that they reach so far to prove their point.

About doubles, honestly, it's hard for me to see how much incremental benefit her singles game would get from training for and playing doubles vs. training for singles and strengthening her net game to be passable if not great.

Also, if she were to play doubles, she would do it seriously and not just for shits and giggles so she would likely want someone who takes doubles seriously rather than one-offs like partnering with Petra or Woz for the star-power-like teams. I see the latter as a waste of time and something she can do in exhibitions. In the former, if she were to play with a player who takes doubles seriously, like GS winner Lena V (my pick for her doubles partner) or Petrova (just for the LOLs), I would actually feel bad for her partner because it would be better for her partner to have someone who takes doubles seriously, is good at it, and can work together to win the doubles title. Martha would be dead weight there. So no doubles for me.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 03:19 AM   #1253
country flag Sharakim
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future Sharakim has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafanovic. View Post
It is so ridiculous hence why I don't post in GM. We have enough troubles as it is here.

Anyway, was gonna ask. She's obviously not going to do it this year. But what do you think about her playing doubles? Like its been discussed before, would you like to see her play doubles? And if so, would you rather her do it just during grandslams? And if so, women's or mixed? Or just at random tour events?

And who would you like to see her play with?
Two things. 1, I think it's really pathetic that every time Maria says something a little controversial about Serena, the people in GM go crazy. That match thread is nearing 100 pages. Absolutely ridculous. I personally didn't think she meant anything horrible in her statement, but maybe she could've used better wording. Nevertheless, it wasn't rasict like some people seem to think.

2, I'm like to see her play doubles and try to get a little better at net, but I'm not sure Maria likes playing doubles. Don't know why, could be because she doesn't want to get to close to any of her competition (make friends). Or maybe she doesn't want a really packed schedule at slams.
Sharakim is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #1254
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
In order to win I think that Maria needed that 3-0 lead and then hope that Serena would panic. And she needed to try to get the crowd on her side as well. They were on her side and willing to root for her, but she didn't work them into enough of a frenzy to make them a factor. That's probably because the match was played at a very slow pace and because many just don't like the grunting. And because of her massive achievements of the last twelve months Serena has earned the respect of even the FO crowd as well, so even though most of them wanted Maria to win, they were not as fanatical or vocal about it as FO crowds tend to be.
I just think she wasted many opportunities she had in that first set and that was her only chance to win, by the second it was too late anyways. I think she did a good job at putting herself in a position to have a lead over Serena which is a step in the right direction but she still needs to learn how to take those opportunities like being 3-0 up and then after breaking Serena again she still couldn't take her serve. I think she put too much pressure on herself when at those situations which caused her to make more mistakes.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 05:40 AM   #1255
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

WOW https://twitter.com/joaoromperes/sta...62273817186305

Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #1256
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Awesome!
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 07:41 AM   #1257
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

And no talk of how condescending Serena was in her interview. 'I mean, Maria was playing SO good, I was like WOW...'
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 08:08 AM   #1258
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
And no talk of how condescending Serena was in her interview. 'I mean, Maria was playing SO good, I was like WOW...'
that's Serena.
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 08:41 AM   #1259
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lachy View Post
Have you forgotten the rules of this forum?
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 08:52 AM   #1260
country flag Lachy
ICE QUEENS.

Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute Lachy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy. View Post
Have you forgotten the rules of this forum?
Hahaha true true
Lachy is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote