** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 50 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 9th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #736
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Interview on WTA Site

http://www.wtatennis.com/news/articl...fter-the-final

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 9th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #737
country flag LoveMasha2008

LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future LoveMasha2008 has a brilliant future

Transcript of her interview after the Final:

Maria Sharapova – 08.06.2013

TENNIS - 2013 Roland Garros: S.Williams d Sharapova 6-4 6-4

Q. Do you feel you played the best match you could do today, or did you have some regrets maybe after the great start you had of the match?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: I don't have many regrets in life actually. I try not to have any at all. It would be pretty tough to go about, you know, life ‑ whether I'm on the court or away from it ‑ if I feel like I didn't do enough at a certain moment in my life.
You have to move forward. And it doesn't matter, you know, how many times I have lost to a player or what situation I was in, whether I was up or down, how it ended or how it finished.
You move on. Of course I thought I earned my position to be in the final. I did put up a fight obviously today against her; it was not enough.
But she's been playing really great tennis. Certainly not an excuse, but she is playing extremely well.

Q. So what did you feel like you did well and what didn't you do well enough that allowed her to come through there at the end?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, 2‑0, 40‑15, 6 one. 4‑all, losing my serve right away in that game, you know, easy passing shot, first point. I know I'm nitpicking here, but these are moments against her that I feel that I should be able to take, because then she has no pressure going in and serving and being up a break, you know, at 5‑4, and, you know, serving harder than David Ferrer when he gets to the final of Roland Garros, you know, what I mean?

Q. Last three service games, do you feel like it's almost inevitable she's going to be hitting lines down the T every single time?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I mean, obviously it's a little bit of confidence but also, I mean, we know she's going to be able to hit a big serve. I mean, I think if I was built like Serena I hope I'd be able to hit a big serve like that, too. I mean...

Q. Do you come out of this match feeling like, i.e., I played her close, you know, I threw new things at her, I hung in there, I gave it my all, I fought, and that's a moral victory for you? Or do you come of out here thinking just, I lost; it's bottom line, black and white. I lost the match, and I can only be disappointed in that?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No, I don't think that's black and white. It's a combination, obviously. Yeah, you lost and, you know, you can be really down about it. And I am because I'm a competitor and I'm a fighter and I don't train to lose. Nobody does. So of course I'm disappointed about that.
But that's the feeling that ultimately will make you work harder and make you think a little bit. Gives you more determination. So, yeah, I hope that that's what I take away from the match.
Of course the initial feelings after the match are of disappointment and are that you lost the match no matter how the match went.
Yeah, I will take a few little positives from this match.

Q. If you had reached 3‑0, do you think that it would have made a psychological turn in the match? And do you think that Serena is a person, a player, that against whom, when you have a game point at advantage or 30‑40, she's extremely hard to conclude the game point? Did you have a feeling like this, that it's hard to conclude a game point against her?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, obviously to answer the first question I think, you know, 3‑0 is a little bit better and easier than maybe 2‑1, back on serve.
But, you know, maybe that will help you with the first set. Obviously that's not the match. I'm not saying that's the match. Don't get me wrong.
But, yeah, she's a competitor. She doesn't like to give free points and free games. No matter what the score is, she wants to win those games and those points, whether she's down a break point or up a break point or whatever it is.

Q. That serve of Serena's is pretty darn good.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: You think?

Q. I think, yeah. What would you give to have that weapon?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I don't think that's something that ‑‑ I mean, it's irrelevant because it's not, you know. Serena is not Maria and Maria is not Serena. I don't like to think of it that way. I have my strengths and I have my weaknesses, and that's what I have when I go out on the court.
I think it's pretty irrelevant to think what someone has, and maybe if you had it ‑‑ what ifs don't really matter in this sport.

Q. What is the key to switch the focus and to come and play Wimbledon after a long buildup to Roland Garros and then the tournament?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Well, I love all the tournaments that are coming up. I mean, especially Wimbledon. It's always, you know, the one that I always want to perform well at and the one that I always look forward to.
It's not like I really need someone to give me motivation towards that, because I always ‑‑ when I get to the grass I always feel that that motivation going into it.

http://www.ubitennis.com/english/spo...ova_2013.shtml
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #738
country flag Rerun
procrastination

Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute Rerun has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so proud of Maria anyway
Rerun is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #739
country flag canadia

canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light canadia is a glorious beacon of light

This was in Jon Wertham's 50 parting thoughts on RG "• A few of you noticed how often players deferred to each other on line calls, rather than summoning the chair to check the marks. As Dale Stafford, Washington, D.C., wrote after the Serena-Svetlana Kuznetsova match: "These two women, delivering body blows to one another, demonstrated their complete respect for one another, by trusting one another to indicate via hand signals. 'Don't waste your time ... that one was 6 inches out.' It was terrific to see how Serena and Sveta regarded one another." I would add that as Williams walked off the court following the final, Sharapova turned to her and said, "Congratulations again, Serena." Serena's response, "Thanks, Maria." Much as we all like a feud, there seems to be a lot sporting behavior and mutual respect on the WTA these days."

Nice!

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/ten...#ixzz2VlCmmVtX
canadia is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:32 AM   #740
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMasha2008 View Post
Transcript of her interview after the Final:

Maria Sharapova – 08.06.2013

TENNIS - 2013 Roland Garros: S.Williams d Sharapova 6-4 6-4

Q. Last three service games, do you feel like it's almost inevitable she's going to be hitting lines down the T every single time?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: No. I mean, obviously it's a little bit of confidence but also, I mean, we know she's going to be able to hit a big serve. I mean, I think if I was built like Serena I hope I'd be able to hit a big serve like that, too. I mean...

Q. That serve of Serena's is pretty darn good.
MARIA SHARAPOVA: You think?

Q. I think, yeah. What would you give to have that weapon?
MARIA SHARAPOVA: Um, I don't think that's something that ‑‑ I mean, it's irrelevant because it's not, you know. Serena is not Maria and Maria is not Serena. I don't like to think of it that way. I have my strengths and I have my weaknesses, and that's what I have when I go out on the court.
I think it's pretty irrelevant to think what someone has, and maybe if you had it ‑‑ what ifs don't really matter in this sport.

http://www.ubitennis.com/english/spo...ova_2013.shtml
OK - so the "built" response does seem a bit shady and out of nowhere, but I get her frustration with having to keep talking about and praising Serena after 4 straight losses this year. I can totally imagine her rolling her eyes at the "you think" too. But it's hilarious that GM peeps are taking it as a sign that Serena has irreparably damaged Maria though. I mean everyone has things they say in pressers - doesn't mean it stays with them on the court.
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:53 AM   #741
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think its shady at all. Its the truth....look at Serena's physique compared to everyone else bar Stosur (who is a mental midget) and even then does not compare to Serena. She is a different level of athlete all together from these girls and no amount of training will ever make up for what Serena has got naturally in terms of her body.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #742
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly, I get the reaction in GM given all the comments over the years.
But she's honestly being positive about her physique. She's complimenting it, Serena is a fine physical specimen. If anything the Ferrer mention is only to dismiss the notion of the weak female. I don't sipute that there seems to be a touch of jealousy and/or bitterness in the comment but it certainly isn't spiteful, hateful or shade IMO.
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:13 AM   #743
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Well according to GM she's a racist
What's new with these guys, constantly playing this card
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #744
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

So many people with a chip on their shoulder. with all that Serena has achieved I dont know why they care so much.
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:49 AM   #745
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Serena's technique on her serve > her physique, imo.
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 02:52 AM   #746
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post
Completely agree, but do people expect really expect Maria to go to great length to discuss the intricacies of Serena's game in a presser after a disappointing loss?

The question was if it was shocking or surprising that Serena was able to hit three aces in a game, the point Maria was making is that you know to look at Serena she is going to be able to hit a big serve before even looking at the technique (it was a pretty dumb question lbr). The same way you look at Maria and know that she's gonna be able to hit a big serve,
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #747
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

The whole thing is asinine. Let's also not forget that Maria's body has been the subject of plenty of criticism as well...definitely recall people calling her an overgrown banshee, a nuclear freak, etc.
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 07:32 AM   #748
country flag denny5576

denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of denny5576 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Is the serve technique independent from the physical abilities of the player? No. The serving quality mainly depends on natural abilities of the body of the player. That's why there are always natural servers with fantastic serves who may or may not be good in the other shots..
denny5576 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #749
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

Her second half of schedule via the official site, pretty much predictable

Maria's schedule for the second half of 2013 is now available. Maria is scheduled to play three warm-ups before the final Grand Slam of the year at the US Open and two big tournaments in Asia in September.

Maria hasn't officially qualified for the final event of the year at the TEB BNP Paribas WTA Championships in Istanbul, Turkey at the end of October but there is a very strong chance she will with her record so far this year.

Here is the schedule:
July 22-28
Bank of the West Classic
Stanford, USA
Hardcourts, Outdoors

August 5-11
Rogers Cup
Toronto, Canada
Hardcourts, Outdoors

August 12-18
Western & Southern Open
Cincinnati, USA
Hardcourts, Outdoors

August 26 - September 7
US Open
New York, USA
Hardcourts, Outdoors

September 22-28
Toray Pan Pacific Open
Tokyo, Japan
Hardcourts, Outdoors

September 28 - October 6
China Open
Beijing, China
Hardcourts, Outdoors
Asanty is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #750
country flag NashaMasha

NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute NashaMasha has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
without her physique you won't be able to copy her technique. It's technique based on physique

WTA Championships 2004
London Olympics silver medallist

32 WTA titles , including 12 Tier I titles
21 weeks #1 player
NashaMasha is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote