RG Chat Thread: Let them eat cake - Page 26 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #376
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: RG Chat Thread: Let them eat cake

So happy for Rafa. Thought he was gone after he choked the 4th set away.
90% of Djokovic's slams were won because his opponents choked.
That's why this win is even sweeter 'cause Rafa made him taste his own medicine.
Advertisement

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #377
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

the slow-mo of the arm/point makes it that more hilarious
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:42 PM   #378
country flag Tennisvampire

Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of Tennisvampire has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pops Maellard View Post
I could be wrong but I thought Rafa did that point and smirk as soon as Novak had hit the net even before the umpire had made a call either way.

If the umpire had given the point to Novak, Rafa would've been right to argue, but in my eyes that was totally just a "haha, he ran into the net" expression.
I don't know what he was thinking while he was pointing it, but I just couldn't believe that instead of thanking heaven's for Novak's clumsiness and that he won a literally lost point, he was basically laughing in his face. Rafa is a great champion in terms of tennis, sure, but I just don't see the classiness in him that some do

@gociku Novak won all his slams by his opponents choking? I had to mention it, but it doesn't even deserve a comment

Jelena Jankovic-forever

NOVAK DJOKOVIC

Bouchard and Dimitrov-something will become of you
Tennisvampire is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:27 PM   #379
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

I see Rafa as classy, but I personally think class on the court is overrated anyhow. This is the only sport where people get all caught up on "class".
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #380
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

What a weird, unsettling mens' final. You had the pathetic protesters and the on and off rain and of course the general unlikeliness that Ferrer was gonna win. Nadal played brilliant during enough stretches to get it done in three. But it was just impossible for me to really enjoy, 'cause the whole time during the third set I was just wondering if some other idiot was gonna try to get on court. Anyhow, congrats Rafa. Hopefully, he won't hit a wall at Wimbledon. He'll be again most vulnerable in the early rounds. It'll be interesting to see how far Federer and Murray go there. They have finalist and champion points to defend, and they have the points from the Olympics coming off. Nadal and Ferrer could end up jumping over them both by July.
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #381
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Maria won the same games than Ferrer, but in 2 sets jajaja

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 06:23 PM   #382
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
But men's tennis peak era!!!111one!1
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #383
country flag BadgerM

BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold BadgerM is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
Didn't care one bit about the NID men's final and didn't even watch a point, but was following the scores in set 3 and was rooting for Nadal to break at 4-3 for this exact reason /petty/
BadgerM is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #384
country flag Andy.
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute Andy. has a reputation beyond repute

I was hoping to wake up to a miracle result...didn't happen
Andy. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #385
country flag Icky80

More on the BS Nadal hate, because I don't feel safe ranting about it anywhere else.

I really resent the claim that Nadal wins based purely on his defense. Yes, when he's being pressured he can start to depend on his defense. But when he's confident he's always looking for his shot. His forehead, his defense, his smarts and his ability to hit winners from anywhere on the court- that is why he's the champion he is. I also don't understand how anyone can find his game dull. Because he doesn't go for winners on the second shot? He has the most specific and peculiar game on tour.
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:38 AM   #386
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icky80 View Post
More on the BS Nadal hate, because I don't feel safe ranting about it anywhere else.

I really resent the claim that Nadal wins based purely on his defense. Yes, when he's being pressured he can start to depend on his defense. But when he's confident he's always looking for his shot. His forehead, his defense, his smarts and his ability to hit winners from anywhere on the court- that is why he's the champion he is. I also don't understand how anyone can find his game dull. Because he doesn't go for winners on the second shot? He has the most specific and peculiar game on tour.
I'd consider myself a 'hater' but who cares? He just won his 8th French Open. Just be happy for that . He's not concerned with haters either - he's a wealthy and attractive man (I do think he is, when he's nowhere near a tennis court ) who's simply too busy to care.

Besides, yeah I do hate his game and on-court manner/'tics but at the same time I'm also rather jealous of him. For starters I'd love to have legs like his .
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #387
country flag Icky80

All that I know know. I just needed to rant about a subject that's been bothering me for a while.
Old Jun 10th, 2013, 03:53 PM   #388
country flag Icky80

I can respect that. I can even respect people who do think Nadal is dull even if I don't get that. Some think he's a purely defensive, which is incorrect but whatever. It's okay to annoyed by his butt picking or water bottle obsession. All of this is just about finding a team to root for and a team to root against, which is a basic part of what make up sports. Most of the shade thrown Sharapova's way, while often juvenile and redundant, at least come from a place of some truth: she's a shrieker, she is kind of one dimensional game, she hasn't beaten Serena in forever and a day, her interactions with the media tends to be calculated, she is an ice queen. In Nadal's case I keep reading silly things like he's on roids (if he's on roids then half of the players on the ATP tour must be as well), his knees have had illegal bioengineering done on them, he's a Neanderthal because he doesn't speak English well (most of the Spanish players have had little interaction with English speakers at a young age. Nadal is better at the language than most of his fellow countrymen on tour. Nishikori spent a good deal of his youth in America, yet he hasn't mastered the language. No one calls him an idiot), and then there's off the wall crap like his gay fan base are scaring off straight fans. The Nadal hate just gets more and more ridiculous with time.

End of rant.