Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin - Page 79 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #1171
country flag Pops Maellard
Quiche

Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute Pops Maellard has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

My post in the result thread was deleted and I said nothing wrong . Whatevs.
Pops Maellard is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #1172
country flag Asanty

Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of Asanty has much to be proud of

And what chances that Rena will be on her half at Wimby? Like 50/50? And what stage ? SF?
Asanty is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 03:57 PM   #1173
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

It was a great tournament from Maria and it clearly showed how she has adjusted her game from last year to suit grass and HC more than clay. She's hitting flatter again and her sliding and footwork on clay are just not at the same level as last year. Even so, she still made the final!

Now let's see what these little tweaks will do for her Wimbly and USO
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:02 PM   #1174
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asanty View Post
And what chances that Rena will be on her half at Wimby? Like 50/50? And what stage ? SF?
Yes and yes.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #1175
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Good match from Maria. Not perfect (first serve percentage was too low) but you play "the perfect match" perhaps only three or four times in a career and even more rarely on the right day against the right opponent. Still, it was a great effort and only Maria would have been able to play this Serena so close. So even though she lost her stock has if anything gone up after this. Well done Maria.
Perfect analysis, can't regret anything about today. Sadly being number two is a hard work but we can take on it.
Trih is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #1176
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

C U Next Tournament

bye
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #1177
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

I'm proud of Maria for her fight and making it close in both sets not gifting many breaks but I have to admit I'm a bit disappointed, not about the second set, by that time Serena was too good on serve so I don't think she could have broken except maybe if she had pressured her in the first games but she had already been broken herself so Serena was very confident already. The first set though she started so strong and had many opportunities especially at 2-0 and even later when she broke Serena again. It made me sad that she couldn't take them because in terms of ground strokes she was nearly perfect had something like 3 UE but her 1 serve % was really low the first time she was broken not one 1 serve got in and that's what lost her the set. I can't help feeling that that was because of the pressure she was putting on herself because this happened only when she was ahead and had chances to lead with a break. I really believe she would have won that set if her first serve was better because Serena was still tense and Maria was putting a lot of pressure on her making almost no mistakes and this made me realize that even if Maria plays her best tennis she won't beat Serena until she is able to surpass that mental hurdle. I know many will say Serena was just too good today and Maria gave it her all but that's not exactly the case. Maria did give it her all and managed to put herself in a position to trouble Serena but every time she got in those positions she just couldn't take her chances. I'm not saying she would have won but if she had taken that 1 set and the pressure was on Serena it being a RG final you never know...

Still proud of her even though I'm complaining a lot about that 1 serve if she had played against anyone else like that she would have been unstoppable I'll just be waiting for that moment when Maria decides to play fearlessly against Serena, hopefully she will someday.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:10 PM   #1178
country flag Icky80

Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold Icky80 is a splendid one to behold

This was a respectable match from Sharapova. It was the first time in a long time she's played Serena where I haven't been entirely frustrated with her play. Serena's serve and a few too many unforced errors from Shar were the real difference. I liked seeing her go in more in the final few games and employing some slice shots. That's what she needs to be doing more of in these match-ups. Trying to play Serena purely through hard-hitting baseline rallies ain't gonna cut. Overall, it was a solid effort and a surprisingly entertaining match. Good luck on grass.
Icky80 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #1179
country flag JamieOwen3

JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute JamieOwen3 has a reputation beyond repute

So proud of her, proud of the way she dealt with the loss also. Very classy as always Serena was just too good again and all Maria can do is give it her all. If it's not good enough well at least she can't say she didn't give it her all.
Maria Sharapova Venus & Serena Martina Hingis Anna Kournikova Monica Seles Ana Ivanovic Victoria Azarenka Jelena Dokic Laura Robson Eugenie Bouchard Heather Watson Marion Bartoli Petra Kvitova Donna Vekic

Official Siberian Death Stare Of The Maria Mafia
Andy Murray 2013 Wimbledon Champion. @TheGrandSlams
JamieOwen3 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #1180
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly, at least if she plays her like this more often, she'll allow herself to win should Serena play poorly.
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #1181
country flag nelsondan

nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute nelsondan has a reputation beyond repute

i had the feeling that if she got to the third set against jj and azarenka, her superior physical condition would take care of the third set. we will never know, but i did not have that feeling today. serena was winning almost all the long rallies, and at no time did she look tired. i believe a third set would have been lopsided. the 4 and 4 can make maria feel like she is making some progress. serena is just one of the most amazing players...ever. how many times can you face ten aces and keep it this close. i do not feel bad about this.
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #1182
country flag claypova
#sugarfamily

claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute claypova has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
C U Next Tournament

bye

QUEEN OF CLAY
claypova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #1183
country flag Fiercepova
4ever ♥ Wonder Girls

Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future Fiercepova has a brilliant future

Yeah some Serena fans and other players' fans are pretty classy and congratulate Maria on a great match Just some of the annoying trolls and haters
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #1184
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
C U Next Tournament

bye
peak
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #1185
Effy
God gave us Rock'n'Roll

Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute Effy has a reputation beyond repute

very enjoyable final, thanks Maria for trying hard
there was nothing much to do with Serena playing this good