On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen - Page 327 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 18th, 2013, 03:57 AM   #4891
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
If she's been reading some of your posts she'd probably say, "No thanks, I'll walk."
That would be quite dangerous.Once you get a little ways outside of Juarez,the highways to the nearest cities are filled with bandits,and I'm not talking about the genteel sort,like Thomas Crown...she could quite easily get SERIOUSLY hurt and/or killed,and she most definitely wouldn't deserve to fall into such sinister hands.There's a ring of mountains that makes cellphone reception very unreliable if you're not close to a reasonably-sized city,and even waiting inside your car is risky unless you're heavily armed.

I wouldn't reveal my TF poster name,but I'd have myself 2 or 3 minutes of fun.First,I'd speak Spanish VERY quickly,as her supposed mastery of languages is WAY overrated(she had to do all of her Madrid promo work in English a couple of years ago).Once I saw the bewildered look on her face,I'd offer to speak English...but would do so in a very broken pattern to maintain my veil of innocence...something like: 'Yeah,my friend American say me you berry berry pretty...but you no like work por you tennis.He say me you spen all you time look por meny,meny,meny different boyfriend famoose,an' you no care bout tennis an' you play jus por you Nike contrac.....you play por Nike,no?....Yeah,my friend say me all da fanaticos tennis laugh at you now...say you fraude an' you jus preten eberyting por camara......but I almose neber wash tennis on TV so I dunno what he talk about'.......after THAT,I'd let her off the hook for the rest of the ride

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:29 AM   #4892
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: On the Concept of Irony w/ Continual Reference to Caro, the #1 Sunshine Queen

Am posting this here so as not to clutter Caro's main threads too much:

The WTA webpage managers are striving awfully hard to attain a Gold Medal in the Assclown Olympics,and I'd rate them as strong candidates for that.There comes a time when simplistic bullshit can become tiresome and insulting.Imagine if you walked into a local McDonald's and the attendant gave you a goofy,forced smile and told you that he put FREE KETCHUP PACKETS in the bag with your order b/c you were such a valued customer(packets that are easily attainable from the condiments dispensers).The first couple times,you might just blow it off;however,after repeated occasions--perhaps while you were having a bad day--you'd feel insulted and tell the attendant to go lick some rectum back in the manager's office if he had such an appetite for that.

Today,the WTA webpage chose to highlight Caroline's loss to Zheng: STRIKE ONE!The fact that Caro has lost her opening match for the last(have lost count)tourneys would indicate to most non-comatose sports fans that this loss was NOT headline material.Naturally,the douchebags spewed out their normal crap which insinuated how awesomely Zheng had to play to defeat THE NUMBER TEN RANKED PLAYER IN THE WORLD ()STRIKE TWO!Then,in the tourney blog segment hosted by Lepchenko,they chose to post a question about what Varvara had for her b-day dinner even though she mentioned that,in detail,in YESTERDAY's blog.....REALLY nice editing,you butt-cheese swallowers.STRIKE THREE!!!

I suppose it's nice that Stacy 'Enabler' Allaster shows her gratitude to the inbred out-patients,from a nearby mental health clinic,who collect her recycling bags by giving them jobs running the WTA website.Still,a few of us would appreciate a site that appeared more professionally-run than what the 3 Stooges on PCP might provide.You want respect for the WTA,Enabler Stacy?Well,to get the deeper level of respect,you have to EARN it...and,right now,I'm not seeing a whole lot from your piss-ant website that engenders any respect from me.Perhaps you should quit your job and assume one that's more your caliber...like Commissioner of the Gary,Indiana Municipal Tiddlywinks League.I'd rather see an intelligent,respected ex-player serve as WTA boss

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 12:22 PM   #4893
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

I got a good rep yesterday with a question about my avatar (thanks).

I've also got a couple of questions regarding this in personal messages, and I've had to answer as well at GM. But I might as well reveal it here once and for all. That makes it all easier (in case anyone else wonders who she is). It's Julie Warnĝe. She used to be a reasonably good Danish junior during the U12-U16 years. She was an elite player and played on the Danish national junior team with players like Karen Barbat and Mai Grage (both also born 1992). She won championship doubles titles as a junior but she faded a lot after her 16th year, and never got any considerable career - not even on Danish level. She doesn't play a lot anymore, and is currently ranked #167 in Denmark (which is approximately the same as #1,670,000,000 in the world). Love the photo.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #4894
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
I got a good rep yesterday with a question about my avatar (thanks).

I've also got a couple of questions regarding this in personal messages, and I've had to answer as well at GM. But I might as well reveal it here once and for all. That makes it all easier (in case anyone else wonders who she is). It's Julie Warnĝe. She used to be a reasonably good Danish junior during the U12-U16 years. She was an elite player and played on the Danish national junior team with players like Karen Barbat and Mai Grage (both also born 1992). She won championship doubles titles as a junior but she faded a lot after her 16th year, and never got any considerable career - not even on Danish level. She doesn't play a lot anymore, and is currently ranked #167 in Denmark (which is approximately the same as #1,670,000,000 in the world). Love the photo.
It had occurred to me,on occasion,to ask you that same question, because Julie IS quite lovely.....but I didn't feel that I knew you well enough to pry...after all,it MAY have been your sister or something--in which case you wouldn't have appreciated my inquiry

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #4895
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Players supposedly being figured out is generally a bunch of baloney.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #4896
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Players supposedly being figured out is generally a bunch of baloney.
What brought THAT on?Did you get into a fight in GM and then decide to 'finish it' here?

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 11:45 PM   #4897
country flag Achernar

Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future Achernar has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
What brought THAT on?Did you get into a fight in GM and then decide to 'finish it' here?
I wonder the same thing

Anyway, the very concept of "being figured out" is absurd. How can a player ranked outside the top 100 who have never met Caroline could have "figured her out" (Qiang Wang). Are the players sharing some "telepathic skills" who allow the whole of them to know how to beat a player once one of them has discovered how to do it?

Last edited by Achernar : Jun 6th, 2013 at 11:52 PM.
Achernar is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 03:57 AM   #4898
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well I was reading general messages (arguably a mistake but oh well) and there was a thread about Errani supposedly being figured out based on today's match against Serena. I'm no Errani fan but I'm sick and tired of a lot of folks on Tennisforum saying that Caro has been figured out. This notion of a player being figured out rather bothers me as I think it's kind of ridiculous the claim in essence that players who've been around for awhile haven't had their games scouted out and strategies/tactics to try to use haven't been come up with before.

As far as I can recall, I've never gotten into a fight on general messages.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Jun 7th, 2013 at 04:05 AM.
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 05:43 PM   #4899
country flag Protoss

I can't believe that the French Open final result thread is so freaking long...it's 145 pages now with 2162 posts in it.
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #4900
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Well I was reading general messages (arguably a mistake but oh well) and there was a thread about Errani supposedly being figured out based on today's match against Serena. I'm no Errani fan but I'm sick and tired of a lot of folks on Tennisforum saying that Caro has been figured out. This notion of a player being figured out rather bothers me as I think it's kind of ridiculous the claim in essence that players who've been around for awhile haven't had their games scouted out and strategies/tactics to try to use haven't been come up with before.

As far as I can recall, I've never gotten into a fight on general messages.
Well,I can respect your frustration--and I'll agree that the theme is way over-used--but,setting Caroline aside for a moment, it's not always a completely absurd argument.In baseball,for example,sometimes a young hitter enter the league and hits a bunch of homers in his first month and then, once pitchers figure out which pitches he struggles with, he has mediocre results thereafter.

I'm NOT saying that's the case with any particular tennis player but,in sports terms, the premise isn't totally unfounded

Old Jun 16th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #4901
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Well,I can respect your frustration--and I'll agree that the theme is way over-used--but,setting Caroline aside for a moment, it's not always a completely absurd argument.In baseball,for example,sometimes a young hitter enter the league and hits a bunch of homers in his first month and then, once pitchers figure out which pitches he struggles with, he has mediocre results thereafter.

I'm NOT saying that's the case with any particular tennis player but,in sports terms, the premise isn't totally unfounded
Yah, I agree there is some basis to the concept in general.

For a tennis player, I think a good example would be the next year after a player has their first top 20/top 30 season. I've seen players fall off quite a bit after such a year. Of course, players adapting to their game isn't their only problem a lot of times, they also face a lot of pressure to backup their results from the previous season.
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #4902
country flag Protoss

Hey Bruce...I saw a news story about a cat running for mayor in Mexico.
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 04:49 AM   #4903
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Hey Bruce...I saw a news story about a cat running for mayor in Mexico.
Will try to google that; though the cat might be influenced by the desire for moist,tasty food, at least he/she won't be as corrupt as most of our municipal politicians are

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #4904
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

vs

And the winner is..

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 10:24 PM   #4905
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know who the winner is but Caroline's reaction was definitely the cuter.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread