News and updates about Victoria Azarenka - Page 44 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 7th, 2013, 04:06 PM   #646
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute
Re: News and updates about Victoria Azarenka

Completely avoided the question about Serena/Sloane.

Quote:
MUTUA MADRID OPEN

May 6, 2013

Victoria Azarenka

MADRID, SPAIN

V. AZARENKA/A. Pavlyuchenkova
7‑6, 7‑6

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. That was a tough match. How was it?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, yeah, it was a tough match. Honestly, I don't think I could have asked for a better match to start after a break. There was everything there. A lot of up and downs and a lot of fighting.
Obviously she's playing really good now. She won a tournament. It's a great test for me for the first match.
I'm really happy the way I pulled it off. It's a great platform to start improving and getting the preparation, more and more preparation for the next tournaments as well.

Q. So what's going through your head? You're up 5‑2 and you lost I think four games in a row or something. What goes through your head?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I was just playing a little bit stupid, I think, and she definitely got loose, nothing to lose, and I kind of got lost in what I was doing and just made some easy mistakes and didn't really do much with it.
But, you know, it happens after a long break. You just need to feel competition. That's what I was trying to feel today. I'm glad I could stay tough in the end.

Q. There was a moment there I went in to watch and it looked as if you were really heading for a really very forceful victory in the first set, and then suddenly it all seemed to go a bit wayward; then there was a very tense sort of tiebreak. How did you feel at that point? What were your impressions?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, I felt‑‑ as I said, there was a lot of up and downs. You know, when don't play so much, you kind of lose that momentum of how to feel that momentum in the match.
So I got a little bit relaxed, lost a little bit of focus, and in the tiebreak I just tried to find my game to find the solution to make things happen for me.
Because I was just sometimes waiting too much for her mistake, and she obviously is not going to do that. So I really had to take opportunities in my hands and try to make it.
It worked out well for me when I tried to play my game.

Q. There were a couple of moments when it looked as if you were really getting stuck in there, and then suddenly there would be a mishit. Do you find that the conditions here are something you need to get used to, the altitude or the way the ball bounces? Because you were going into the shot, and then suddenly you saw it going somewhere else and there was a little scream from you, like, Ah.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, I don't know what it was. Sometimes it's movement; sometimes it's a bad bounce. There is nothing you can control. It's the same conditions for everybody.
I came here a little bit early and tried to get the feel, but there is nothing‑‑ you can practice a year or whatever. It's not going to make a difference until you play a real match.
That's what's good for me, to feel that environment in the match. So we'll see how it goes. I can only pick it up from here.

Q. Recently there has been a bit of controversy with Sloane and Serena. Don't know if you heard.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Uh‑uh.

Q. Have you ever had any bad experiences around the locker room with players?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: With bad players?

Q. With any players.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: No, not really. I'm trying to be friendly and respectful with everybody. We're all big family who travel all together. You see all the girls pretty much every week, so, no, never had any problem really.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Natural Joe is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #647
country flag Natural Joe

Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute Natural Joe has a reputation beyond repute

Presser

Quote:
MUTUA MADRID OPEN

May 8, 2013

Victoria Azarenka

MADRID, SPAIN

E. MAKAROVA/V. Azarenka
1‑6, 6‑2, 6‑3

THE MODERATOR: Questions, please.

Q. Each tournament presumably has a different feel and different aspects. What factors here in Madrid do you think affect play, yourself and other players?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Sorry, I don't understand the question.

Q. Each tournament has different features. What factors here in Madrid, or unique features of the tournament, affect your play and other players?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I don't know if it affects really. You just kind of adjust to every week there is.
I mean, the players don't really change. The draw changes, but you pretty much have the same players every week with just different matches.
But I don't think anything affects me or any other players.

Q. And the courts?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Well, of course anywhere you go courts are going to be different. Even though it's clay everywhere, the center court and Court 2 is going to be different, too.
Just a matter about the adjustment you do.

Q. That was a pretty tough loss. What would you say you're most disappointed with?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: With the loss. That's the most disappointing thing. I mean, I have to give Ekaterina credit. She played well. I felt like I had a lot of chances; I just didn't take them.
I put myself a little bit down. Hey, I didn't play for a long time. You know, these things happen. Haven't lost a match since a long time. It should have happened sooner or later.
In one way I'm relieved that I didn't really play that well, so I can do better next tournament and just kind of pick it up.

Q. You came back from an injury. Did you feel a lack of rhythm in the game?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: For sure a little bit. I think it was really noticeable. I have been doing mistakes that I don't do. But that's what comes after not playing for a long time.
So I still have another tournament before the French Open to compete in, and I'm going to go back on the practice court as I always do and work hard to improve.

Q. Seemed to me today that it could be you were playing more than one opponent. Seemed as though you were having an internal battle as well. You began incredibly well like you did your last match and looked like you were heading for total destruction of your opponent, and then it was almost as if you got involved with yourself and you were beating yourself up as well as the opponent. Was that frustration or was that...
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Yeah, that definitely happened today. I played more against myself, trying to prove myself certain things more than I was focusing on my opponent.
But I think it's the matter of really playing matches, being in competition, and to work from here. It was a lot of mentally today. You know, it was not at the right moment taking the right opportunities, right options.
But it's a definitely a good learning lesson for me to step forward and improve from here.

Q. The incident at the end of the first set, and then another one when it was 3‑3 I think in the third set, were they significant factors in the defeat today?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: You know, first incident I didn't even hear it. I didn't understand what happened, what did I do. I was very sure that I didn't have a code violation. That's why I broke my racquet. Definitely took me out of shock.
But, I mean, it happened. It didn't help, for sure, but it's okay. It's my own fault.

Q. You said in the third set to the umpire something about she has a history. After all you've done, how are you still in the game? Do you feel she shouldn't be umpiring?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Oh, no, I will never make that judgment. It's emotions when you say some things.
No, I just felt it was a weird call for me because I had no idea I had a code violation. So definitely took me by surprise.
But it's emotions. I can never judge what a person should or should not do.

FastScripts Transcript by ASAP Sports
Just so you know: I'm better than you because my fave is better than your fave. Your fave is a bitch and a shrieking BBB. Or was it pusher? Who cares. She's a classless brat anyway. But don't you dare insult my fave, idiot.
Old May 9th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #648
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

At least Vika basically admits it was a mental meltdown, she can learn from that.

Thank you Natural Joe .
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 13th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #649
country flag Natural Joe

Douglas Robson ‏@dougrobson
Azarenka and ARadwanska commit to play San Diego July 27-Aug. 4. #wta

Quote:
Victoria Azarenka and Agnieszka Radwanska Headline Southern California Open
Top female tennis players in the world set to play in the prestigious Carlsbad tournament

Carlsbad, CA (May 13, 2013) – The Southern California Open, a major stop on the Emirates Airline US Open Series summer calendar, has announced that 2013 Australian Open Champion, Victoria Azarenka, and 2012 Wimbledon Finalist, Agnieszka Radwanska, will both be competing in this WTA Premier 700 tennis event. Currently in its 28th year, the Southern California Open will once again be hosted at the beautiful La Costa Resort and Spa on July 27-August 4.

Azarenka, currently World No. 3, won her second career Grand Slam title earlier this year at the Australian Open and her 16th WTA singles title at Doha in February. In 2012, Azarenka rose from World No. 3 to No.1, making her the first player ever to skip No. 2 to reach No. 1 for the first time.

A native of Poland, Radwanska has already won two WTA titles in 2013 at Auckland and Sydney. Currently ranked No. 4 in the world, the 24-year-old has 12 WTA singles titles and two doubles titles to date and was a finalist at Wimbledon in 2012. Radwanksa defeated top seeded Vera Zvonareva to win the 2011 Southern California Open.

Tickets for The Southern California Open can be purchased online by visiting www.southerncaliforniaopen13.com or by calling the Box Office at 760-930-7032.

The Southern California Open will be televised on ESPN2, Tennis Channel, and distributed internationally to over 20 countries and regions around the world. Dominika Cibulkova, now World No. 16, captured the tournament title in 2012, and other past champions of the event include Steffi Graf, Martina Hingis, Venus Williams, Lindsay Davenport and Maria Sharapova.

Tournament and Media Information Contact
Alastair Garland, Tournament Director – 703-905-3319; alastair.garland@octagon.com

Ticket Information Contact
Kelsey DeWeese, Box Office Manager – 760-930-7032; socalopen13tix@octagon.com

http://www.octagon.com/#!/news/social_stream
Old May 13th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #650
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe Vika's team read my scheduling postings .
ozza is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #651
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

Nice article on vika at RG. Appreciative of her around WTA

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...toria-azarenka
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 07:29 AM   #652
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

About Vika's French Open chances. Bleacher Report believes in Vika

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...13-french-open

2012 & 2013 USO Finalist - Chokerenka
LUVMIRZA is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:36 AM   #653
country flag Natural Joe

Very interesting interview with Julien Jeanpierre, Vika's sparring partner.

[Google translate]

Quote:
"A good sparring partner is there to pass the buck"

INTERVIEW Julien Jeanpierre, 33, a former top player, is part-time, the training partner of the Belarusian Victoria Azarenka, world number three. He explains the specifics of his role.

Julien Jeanpierre, 33, won the Australian Open juniors in 1998. This year, it has always been top of the rankings in his age category, "except the last week, where Federer topped me on the wire," said he. After peaking at 133rd in the world in 2004 when he reached the third round at Roland Garros (AFP Photo), it officially ended three years ago for a career made erratic by multiple injuries and an ankle that asked nothing but rest. Former coach Arnaud Clement, it is now sparring partner of the Belarusian Victoria Azarenka, the third player in the world. He explains his job a little special.

How do you become a sparring partner as a champion Victoria Azarenka?

During the winter of 2011, I received a call from Sam Sumyk his coach. He was looking for a type of winter preparation. I do not know him personally but he had heard of me. We had to go to Dubai and spend Christmas, which is not necessarily interested in world-wide. I, as a former player with the habit of traveling, it does not bother me. So we did fifteen days preparation there before Australian Open and Melbourne, she won her first Grand Slam title and become World No. 1.

You can claim a share of this success?

No, I was just a training partner. But being immersed in their world it was a super experience and good training. I stopped playing some time ago, I was a young coach. Sam is a guy who knows what he's doing.

The experiment was extended?

In 2012, after the U.S. tour (spring, ed), Sam asked me if I was free for possibly 2-3 weeks of preparation on clay in Monaco. And it stopped there, Sam told me: "Sparring is not a real job. If you are available for us, that's great, but does not change your program for us. "And this year, we did it again: I did prepare in Monte Carlo, I accompanied them in Madrid and Rome, I am present at Roland Garros and will update later. I would say it to continue. I really take it for training, learning the craft of coach. I am in the heart of a team that attends the high level, hyperintéressant.

Why girls, at least the best, do they have sparring partners registrants unlike boys?

For several reasons. Unlike boys, girls do not like to practice against other girls. They do not want to disclose to a potential adversary. And then the first 4-5 have such a margin on the competition they can not find other girls who "challengent." Therefore they need to train with the boys. Serena Williams has the same sparring for years, Jelena Jankovic and Maria Sharapova also. They are usually former top players. While a boy always find someone to train.

What are the qualities of a good sparring?

Its availability, type of game, the quality of the ball. I was not an attacker but a solid player from the baseline, a metronome. The ideal training is repetition. I am able to put the ball 30 times in a row where Sam Sumyk wants me to put it: on the forehand, on the reverse, in the center, long, short ... But a good sparring must also be able to adapt. I am able to play on grass, out of my chain. Then it is a matter of feeling with the coach.

Not with the player?

I do not necessarily have much contact with her. She's teamed up with his coach, physical trainer, his physiotherapist, I'm here for the field, although, of course, my relationship with Victoria that are not professional. But in a staff like hers, everyone has a role and each remains in its place, this is what makes it work. That's the highest level.

How much time do you spend each day on the court with her?

In preparation period, it could be 4-5 hours. In the week before Roland Garros, it was 1:30-2am. On match days, I heated for 45 minutes and you can hit the ball a half-hour for the specific job afterwards.

We can live as sparring?

This is paid between 800 and 1200 euros per week

You've never played with a girl this level before, were you surprised?

The first time I was amazed by the quality of the ball. It plays very quickly. I can not take this job lightly, I must be 100% on the court.

And women's tennis, you have learned something?

I did not understand the scores of 6-1 type, 2-6, 6-0. I realized that the emotional side of mattered much girls: at the slightest provocation, it's panic on board. The big difference between the best and all the others is the ability to manage their emotions. Serena [Williams, ed] was a great master of everything that must be managed during a match. Victoria is able to fetch far in its resources.

You give your opinion about the training?

I do not take a decision. I'm just here to pass the buck. This is Sam who organizes everything. This does not prevent him from asking my opinion as a former player ... But the quality of good sparring partner that is able to adapt to the demands of the coach in terms of level, power, etc.. and know how to remain in place without pretending to be more important than it is.

This is not a little frustrating?

I feel no frustration. I have the level to do this job, in 2-3 years, I can be more follow the pace. Do it full-time? Why not, but it involves being on the tour 40 weeks a year. It's complicated.

If you were fighting a real match with Victoria Azarenka, you would fight?

Normally yes. A boy will always have the advantage of the power of service and to lift, forcing the girl to play over the shoulder. But playing Serena Williams on grass or hard, with its quality of service, it would probably be much more difficult than against another girl, even fourth or fifth World.
http://www.liberation.fr/sports/2013/05/29/un-bon-sparring-partner-est-la-pour-renvoyer-la-balle_906353
Old May 31st, 2013, 10:58 AM   #654
country flag Natural Joe

Interview after R1 vs Vesnina.

Quote:
Q. How do you feel about your first match? Congratulations, by the way.
VICTORIA AZARENKA: Thank you. I felt good. It was, you know, important to finally start the tournament. I felt like I'm one of the last ones to start.
It was a long wait, but I think performance‑wise it was a good match. It was a quality match. Elena is a very tough opponent. I was actually surprised she wasn't seeded at the tournament, and we know each other pretty well, so it was important to start right away from the beginning, you know, with a determination and a good focus because, you know, she's a very dangerous opponent, has a very flashy game.
I'm glad that I could, you know, maintain my level and improve when I needed to.

Q. Why do you think ‑‑ second serve in women's tennis sometimes is really hard on the pressure points. Why do you think is that? Today you guys served really well, but in general, you know, even Maria, she has some problems. It's difficult sometimes. Why do you think is that?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think the girls just so good at the return, you know, and it takes sometimes the focus and it feels like your serve maybe isn't good enough.
But I feel like girls take so much advantage all the time of the second serve, you know, like even mentally they are looking for, you know, to finish that point.
That makes a difference, you know. But you never underestimate somebody's serve. But I really feel that way.

Q. So you're actually saying women's tennis is more a game of returning and in the men's games it's more a game of the service games?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I wouldn't compare ‑‑ I wouldn't compare the same way, because, overall, the game is a little bit different. I feel like girls play a little bit more sometimes with the intensity on the return than guys do, the same way the guys do on the serve.
I mean, they serve much harder than we do. They've got a lot more power. We can talk about it all day, but I feel like it's just personal, you know. I have been around the game for a little while and notice that difference.

Q. How is your ankle feeling right now?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: It's feeling good. Thank you for asking.

Q. There is so much ‑‑ seems like you're coming off big wins, but so much of the attention is on Serena and Maria. How do you feel about where you are right now and the focus?
VICTORIA AZARENKA: I think, you know, Serena always has attention, you know, no matter where she is. She's been around the game so much, No. 1 player in the world.
It's usual. I feel like ‑‑ I don't really pay attention too much, what's going on. For me it's important to show up for my job and, you know, be present and be 100% on the court.
Whatever is going on around, it's just entertaining for people. But I'm just focused on what I do and nobody else, really.
But I feel good. I feel I had good preparation. I had a good tournament before here, and looking forward to my next match.
http://www.ubitennis.com/english/spo...nka_2013.shtml
Old May 31st, 2013, 04:13 PM   #655
country flag joshum

joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all joshum is a name known to all

" and know how to remain in place without pretending to be more important than it is."

i like the sparring partner, very humble. good to be in vika's team.
joshum is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 06:00 AM   #656
country flag LUVMIRZA

LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute LUVMIRZA has a reputation beyond repute

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...nch-open-title

Good one. spot on. Vika needs confidence and patience to win on Clay.

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #657
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

French Open 2013
Stats

VIK! is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #658
country flag LUVMIRZA

where you been VIK!? Its been some time since u posted here...

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #659
country flag VIK!

VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of VIK! has much to be proud of

^
You know..a lot of work..familly..life..such things.
I was surprised too, when i realized how long my absence actually was..
I thought i use Vika's unintentionally time-out in spring to take a break from WTA and TF and all it's craziness+freaky people.
But you can't get away from TF and Vika, espeacially when it's Major-Time!
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #660
country flag VIK!

French Open 2013
Stats

UE's 22