Ana Konjuh - Page 163 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #2431
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all
Re: Ana Konjuh

I have the highest opinion on Ana's tennis talent and fighting spirit, but let's be realistic, it would be more than a miracle if she wins this in these circumstances.
Bleeth is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #2432
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
I don't know...if I am her I would find motivation...like why not win all 4 slams in the same year???That could be motivation...nobody done that ever...

Where does Federer finds his motivation....

Junior slams are stronger then some (if not all) 10 000 K's...

Make that 25Ks...
Especially some of them which get packed like Wimbledon and Australian Open...
Think of when Putintseva, Jabeur, Gavrilova, Zanevska, Svitolina, Puig etc. all played
chingching is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #2433
country flag LittlestThing

LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light LittlestThing is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladekCRO View Post
Don't even think about that, we want both singles and doubles title
Just keeping the expectarions low

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUla View Post
Clearly if she wanted to tank anything, she would have done it today after that singles marathon.
I like that she's not a tanker, the only problem is her injury if she weren't injured then playing so many matches in two different conditions (plus carpet ) would be very physically and mentaly demanding but still managable If she was able to come this far. She trains so much every day, working on her fitness, to prepare for these situations

Quote:
Didn't they say that nobody won Eddie Herr, Orange Bowl and Australian Open in a row??? I forgot what did they say when she done that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeth View Post
I have the highest opinion on Ana's tennis talent and fighting spirit, but let's be realistic, it would be more than a miracle if she wins this in these circumstances.
I don't know, but if she does what she's been doing: going match by match, winning them all then why not? Don't get me wrong, if she loses tomorrow in both singles and doubles that wouldn't surprise or disappoint me, but she's more than half way through. Only she knows how much gas is left in her
LittlestThing is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 11:24 PM   #2434
country flag Bleeth

Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all Bleeth is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittlestThing View Post

I don't know, but if she does what she's been doing: going match by match, winning them all then why not? Don't get me wrong, if she loses tomorrow in both singles and doubles that wouldn't surprise or disappoint me, but she's more than half way through. Only she knows how much gas is left in her
Would it surprise me ? No, but i would still be very disappointed if she loses both matches tomorrow. As much as i'm worried about the fatigue factor, i'm more worried if her shoulder is letting her play at her best (losing serve 6 times to Uberalova and having better % of points won after 2nd (64%) than after 1st serve (57%) against Loeb might suggest some problems with her serve, 'cause as much as i have seen Ana's serve should be a real weapon). Fatigue we know is there, but if on top of that she's playing without her full arsenal of shots, than there's no way she can win it (she might be the best but she's still not out of this world)
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 03:49 AM   #2435
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Hello all,

I've been following this thread for a few months now. I first heard the inspirational story about her ill sister, and also saw she is the number one junior player in the world, so I became interested. I'm really eager to see Ana play a full match on-court, as I haven't been able to see her play (not even YouTube helps) and would like to see that she is as good as they say she is! That is all the more reason that she needs to make the RG junior final. Of course, recently, we are all worried about her shoulder injury and concerned that it is neither long-term nor career-threatening. Another thing I am curious about is her physical height. I can't seem to find her official height anywhere. Is she already 1.74m (the magic number when it comes to champions in women's tennis)?

As a side note, it appears she is back on Twitter! https://twitter.com/anakonjuh

Last edited by RU90 : Jun 6th, 2013 at 04:32 AM. Reason: Twitter
RU90 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #2436
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Another thing I am curious about is her physical height. I can't seem to find her official height anywhere. Is she already 1.74m (the magic number when it comes to champions in women's tennis)?
Welcome aboard

I can't find anything on her height either, but looking at photos she strikes me as being somewhere between 1.70 and 1.75 (closer to the later), although obviously that's just my guess.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #2437
country flag Bleeth

Wikipedia states that Carol Zhao is 1.68, and Ana looks much taller on this pic.

On the other hand she looks about the same height as Siniakova (1 or 2cm less maybe), and Katerina doesn't strike me as a very tall person, so go figure (probably Zhao's height is an error)

Last edited by Bleeth : Jun 6th, 2013 at 09:36 AM.
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #2438
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure photos can deceive. For example on this one she looks noticeably shorter than Iva (1,75) and even more so than Donna (1,79), but even the difference between Iva and Donna seems bigger than what the numbers show:

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #2439
country flag Bleeth

Tereza is 1.72, so that should be about it
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 11:03 AM   #2440
country flag ma re

Oh, and sorry for going slightly off-topic, but speaking of Majoli - if anyone's interested there'll be a stream of her legends match; Elena Dementieva/Martina Navratilova vs Iva Majoli/Conchita Martinez (second match on C1)
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #2441
country flag ma re

Ana's match will start once the match currently underway on C3 finishes - and that one is in the tie-break of the first set. Here's hoping that the boys take their time and play as long as possible. Maybe even some rain wouldn't hurt
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #2442
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Townsend and Bencic started their match. If Bencic lose, Ana will stay at #1 after Roland Garros no matter what Ana do from now on.
okramb is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #2443
country flag Bleeth

Quote:
Townsend and Bencic started their match. If Bencic lose, Ana will stay at #1 after Roland Garros no matter what Ana do from now on.
One more reason to root for Taylor here, not that i already wasn't But i'm not holding my breath, Bencic is a better clay ATM IMO.
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #2444
country flag ma re

Townsend doing Ana a favor at the moment (a break up), Nikola Milojević not so much (a set and a break up - his match will be followed by Ana's). We have our first 2013 semifinalist btw, Borna Coric made it in straights!
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #2445
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

I want Belinda to win today
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread