Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin - Page 52 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #766
country flag GrandMartha

GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute GrandMartha has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

Hopefully the Jankovic match was just her usual compulsory fuckery at a slam.
The outcome of the match will much depend on her serve.
Neither of them has been impressive.
She will have to up her level several notches to have a chance.
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #767
country flag Pimp_Me_Pova

Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold Pimp_Me_Pova is a splendid one to behold

1st set today was painful to watch 20 UE

but i felt like she will pick herself up, and when she won 2nd set i was pretty sure she will win, but i was nerveus a bit until she broke JJ serve in 3rd set, then i felt like she will win no doubt..

i hope that this match was click for maria, and that she will be better prepare with game couz mentally she is roch :bowndown: i wanna from her to smash vika, couz lets be honest, maria is far more better on clay than vika, so i won't accept loss

good luck tomorrow, and keep your nerves strong folks

Maria Sharapova, Kim Aussie Clijsters, Roger Fedex Federer, Petra Kvitova, JMDP, Sabine Lisicki
Pimp_Me_Pova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #768
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot concentrate for my exam tomorrow.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #769
country flag AnnieIWillKnow

AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute AnnieIWillKnow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asherahpova View Post
I cannot concentrate for my exam tomorrow.
You need to channel Maria! My A2 exams last year were after she won Roland Garros, and I needed a big performance in my history exam... I remember watching Maria stride on to court against Errani, dragging that poor ball kid who they make walk out with the finalists along with her, this insane determination on her face, and I thought to myself: 'that is what I shall do'.

I marched into school that day, and completely kicked the shit out of that exam.

You can do it! Good luck!
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #770
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Maria doesn't lose matches when she has the mental edges. There are many examples, today's match when she came back from down 0-6 in 1st set to beat JJ; and earlier when she came back from 1-4 down in 2nd set to beat Jie Zheng in straight sets.

However, Maria doesn't enjoy the same mental edges over either Vika or Serena. She needs to play well to win and her margins for errors are small.

Hope Maria starts strong tomorrow and maintains the lead thoughout.
18majors is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #771
country flag Shafanovic.
#claypova

Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute Shafanovic. has a reputation beyond repute

Weird that Maria/Vika is on before SARinA

CLAYPOVA
Shafanovic. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #772
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieIWillKnow View Post
You need to channel Maria! My A2 exams last year were after she won Roland Garros, and I needed a big performance in my history exam... I remember watching Maria stride on to court against Errani, dragging that poor ball kid who they make walk out with the finalists along with her, this insane determination on her face, and I thought to myself: 'that is what I shall do'.

I marched into school that day, and completely kicked the shit out of that exam.

You can do it! Good luck!
Thanks.
It's English (my best subject thankfully) so I should be OK. It's just impossible to work for more than 45 mins without coming on here.
But once I get in there I will be challenging my inner Maria and praying she is slaying at the same time.

About the match...
Vika's balls will be at a similar height to JJ's but Maria can't afford to hit those brainless errors and through away a shot. If it isn't clicking for more than a couple of games she needs to immediately start to load up on spin but keep the pace up, more margin for error but the court will open up after a few shots. And she won't be throwing the match away.

'13 JJ can't compete with Maria playing at a high level. Vika can, one shit set from Maria and Vika is more than able to win another good one from her own good play.

I'm thinking it would be closer to Roma than Stuttgart, and even then Maria had started to get the upper hand. But the difference is Maria moves better now, serves better now (it was predictable then on ad too but it was always a 3/4 kicker to Vika's BH), is more consistent off the ground whereas I think Vika serves worse and it's also important that '11 was probably the best Vika has played on clay ever.

I need to stop playing this out in my head...
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 10:55 PM   #773
country flag doomsday

doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute doomsday has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafanovic. View Post
I prefer this way tbh Maria will not think about playing Serena in the finals by the same occasion.
She will just focus on the match over Vika.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
doomsday is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #774
country flag 18majors

18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future 18majors has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shafanovic. View Post
NBC network will carry the 2nd SF for the US market and obviously they picked Serena.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 10:59 PM   #775
country flag 18majors

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomsday View Post
I prefer this way tbh Maria will not think about playing Serena in the finals by the same occasion.
She will just focus on the match over Vika.

Yes, it's better for Maria this way.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 11:04 PM   #776
country flag jameshazza

Yeah I did say that even though I will miss it I prefer first up, God forbid the impossible happened* and Maria went out knowing it was Errani in the final - it would be a disaster.

* I will be praying hard for the first time in years, Jesus Christ better snatch Jehova good
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #777
country flag Craig.
MA5HA

Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute Craig. has a reputation beyond repute

Is it windy in Paris tomorrow?

Les reines de Paris.
Craig. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #778
country flag pedropt

pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute pedropt has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #779
country flag goldlion

goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold goldlion is a splendid one to behold
Rain really? Well Maria was in the match and it was so frustrating for her to miss only by few mm or net cord.

goldlion is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 11:16 PM   #780
country flag jameshazza

I thought the weather was supposed to be great for the rest of the tournament?

From what I can see it's only a couple of shower's around the 4PM Paris time mark, they will likely play through it.