Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin - Page 51 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #751
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Roland Garros 2013 : La reine Maria de retour dans son jardin

Am i the only one who has heard like at least 5 different Maria grunts??

They all pop up in different situations.
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #752
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisvampire View Post

Oh, and about her "new" grunt. I never understood why people couldn't stand grunting that much until Maria started using this altered version. I find it disgusting. It feels so forced, like she is constantly thinking how to grunt, and of course she loses herself in those characteristic roars every time the match becomes close and she stops consciously thinking about it and rather focuses solely on her tennis. Happened against Zheng, happened again today. I just wish she would switch back to the old grunt, every time I'd hear it, it felt like a lioness fighting her heart out on the court. And this one? Bears too big of a resemblance to Vika's disgusting screams for me to deal with
Yeah MTE. And because it feels like she is thinking about the grunt maybe somebody advised her to change it for some reason. Could it be something about her vocal cords because her original one is like a scream really so I'm guessing that could have some effect if you do it for so many years like her, or because she was sick. I don't know but it definitely doesn't feel natural like her previous one.
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #753
country flag Cosmic Voices
Forever Sharapova.

Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute Cosmic Voices has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
Am i the only one who has heard like at least 5 different Maria grunts??

They all pop up in different situations.
so true
Cosmic Voices is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:25 PM   #754
country flag Silas
Unattractive inside

Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute Silas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Voices View Post
so true
i am seriously thinking of opening a Maria's Grunt Museum thread.
Silas is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #755
country flag Yksi

Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold Yksi is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Maria isn't wondering who she would rather lose to, she's thinking about WINNING the fucking tournament!
List of players that I would be OK with Maria losing to (winning would be just as good):
Chris Evert, Martina Hingis, Caroline Wozniacki

None of these are possible opponents, so Maria should just go ahead and win the thing!
Yksi is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:26 PM   #756
country flag PimpMePova

PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future PimpMePova has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas View Post
i am seriously thinking of opening a Maria's Grunt Museum thread.
you should totally do that
PimpMePova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #757
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute
Federer put it good at last year's Wimbly. The first week is when you lose Slams, the second is when you win them. Maria got through the first week and rounded herself into form today IMO. So go out there and WIN tomorrow Maria.

She'll need to go for her serve more tomorrow, she didn't today as JJ is no threat on ROS. Although Vika will have to do the same, just spun it in past two matches. Maria's return needs to be on though so she can pressure Vika into her serving standards of the first week.

Honestly if she can come up with the winners at the end of a gruelling JJ rally, and JJ was using lots of pace and spin then I'm not too worried about long rallies. Vika is a better mover but not as good as jj and certainly not comfortable on clay. She won't get those angled shots back as deep as jj did. Angles will be key tomorrow.

Honestly if she picks up where she left off today she should be winning. Just dreading coming home to read a flop result. A good start is a must.
Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #758
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Maria is such an amazing fighter !

Hope she has enough energy left for SF vs Azarenka. Beat her

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:38 PM   #759
Mistress of Evil
mean-spirited, vicious bitch witch

Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute Mistress of Evil has a reputation beyond repute

Vozas, you are still quite transparent, do try to change your posting style a bit in order to escape your 372198378th ban.
Mistress of Evil is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 07:58 PM   #760
country flag effedcamel

effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future effedcamel has a brilliant future

Does anyone else think Maria looked more scared than confident when the going got tough in her matches here?

Also, I think what threw her off today against JJ and continues to throw her off against Aza is their great abilities to redirect her shots down the line. And with Maria not moving on clay as well as she did last year, it'll be a tough task tomorrow.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 08:15 PM   #761
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

Her grunt obviously changed when she got a cold in Madrid.

I'm still convinced it will change back pretty soon.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #762
country flag Mr.Sharapova

Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute Mr.Sharapova has a reputation beyond repute

Sf . If she loses to Vika out of all people on clay though .
Mr.Sharapova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #763
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
If I'm forced to choose between the two I'd choose for her to lose the final, no matter who is on the other side of the net. But why is everyone so pessimistic? If I didn't know any better I would judging by the mood think that she just has lost. Lighten up, it's a GREAT day! French Open semis tomorrow and Maria is still in it! No matter if she wins or loses tomorrow, it's a great tournament AGAIN. And she has at least a 50% chance of beating Vika anyway. Serena is a different story, but that goes for everyone.
I disagree with you there. If Maria loses to Azarenka, it would be a crushing disappointment and make this tournament a failure. Maria lost to her twice in Grand Slams last year. To have it happen a 3rd time in the last 6 played would be unbearable. My standards are high for Maria. If I have to see Vika hoist the Australian Open trophy and then watch Serena lifting the one at the French, I can't sit there and pat Maria on the back for making 2 semifinals. Good consistency, yes, but she can't just continually be doormats to her two biggest rivals, Vika in particular. Tomorrow's match is crucial to Maria.

I think Maria needs to treat this match as a final. She shouldn't even consider the prospect of having to play Serena in the final. Just pour everything she has into this match and hold nothing back. She needs to come out aggressive, focused, confident, and with a sense of purpose. Enough with these lapses and sluggishness. She's the defending champion. She's the one with 4 clay titles in the past 2 years. She needs to go out there and play like she's the better player right from the start.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #764
country flag heelsrule1988

heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all heelsrule1988 is a name known to all

^^^ This completely. We know what would happen against Serena. Vika on clay, though? Maria's got to take this one.
heelsrule1988 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #765
country flag atominside

atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future atominside has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maria Croft View Post
Her grunt obviously changed when she got a cold in Madrid.

I'm still convinced it will change back pretty soon.
no. she had it in stuttgart in the final. i absolutely hate this grunt. i fucking hate it.
atominside is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote