Ana Konjuh - Page 161 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #2401
country flag Markus

Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of
Re: Ana Konjuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Doe View Post
As long as she's bound to a limited number of pro tournaments per year, I don't see any reason for quitting the juniors.
Junior Circuit and professional circuit are two completely different kind of animals. As of that I would prefer to see her get the main focus on the limited amount of circumstances she get to play in these events. I do not see any progression to pursue in the junior circuit.
Markus is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 5th, 2013, 04:50 PM   #2402
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus View Post
Junior Circuit and professional circuit are two completely different kind of animals. As of that I would prefer to see her get the main focus on the limited amount of circumstances she get to play in these events. I do not see any progression to pursue in the junior circuit.
Additional match practice maybe? No practice session is better than a live match, as they say.
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #2403
country flag Markus

Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of Markus has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Additional match practice maybe? No practice session is better than a live match, as they say.
Might be true but she has always proven everything there and seems already a little bit bored out there to be honest. I do not think that match practice on junior level will help you much, even though she did it again in Paris to feel comfortable which is fine.....I think she should start again with the 10K circle even if the latest event was a big disappointment mostly due to injury.
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #2404
country flag ma re

ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute ma re has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Might be true but she has always proven everything there and seems already a little bit bored out there to be honest. I do not think that match practice on junior level will help you much, even though she did it again in Paris to feel comfortable which is fine.....I think she should start again with the 10K circle even if the latest event was a big disappointment mostly due to injury.
Why do you think that is? Disappointment for her and the team or for the fans, cause I don't think either is the case. She played a decent player, quite nicely ranked and experienced and took it to the third set, so...?
ma re is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #2405
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

Big disappointment?
+ of course, she's motivated on junior Grand Slams, she wouldn't have won today if she was "bored" and not caring for the outcome.

+ she only plays Junior Grand Slams anyway, I think junior US Open will be her last junior tournament, or maybe GA in Osaka if she goes to play some Pro Circuit in Asia in autumn.

+ I think she should withdraw from 25k Montpellier if she makes it far this week but of course her and her coach know better
TeamUla is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:19 PM   #2406
country flag Markus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ma re View Post
Why do you think that is? Disappointment for her and the team or for the fans, cause I don't think either is the case. She played a decent player, quite nicely ranked and experienced and took it to the third set, so...?
Sorry ma_re just checked her latest results, my latest update was Bath 15K with the loss against Witthoeft 1 and 2...I was under the impression that she had an injury back there. Maribor looks really promising, a loss against Hercog in three in the final not bad at all, congrats and sorry for me missing that.

Nonetheless I can even more understand that she is seeming a little bit bored now on the junior circle. She is quite promising and I hope we can see her at some 25K and selective 50K in the next couple of months!
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #2407
country flag Markus

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUla View Post

+ I think she should withdraw from 25k Montpellier if she makes it far this week
She should never do that!
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #2408
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Sorry ma_re just checked her latest results, my latest update was Bath 15K with the loss against Witthoeft 1 and 2...I was under the impression that she had an injury back there. Maribor looks really promising, a loss against Hercog in three in the final not bad at all, congrats and sorry for me missing that.

Nonetheless I can even more understand that she is seeming a little bit bored now on the junior circle. She is quite promising and I hope we can see her at some 25K and selective 50K in the next couple of months!
At the beginning of the season she sad that she will play senior tour + junior grad slams...so I don't know what is not clear here...French Open, Wimbledon, Us Open + senior tour this year...

And yeah...I think that she would rather not play any 10 000 K any more, Maribor result show as (and her team) that she is more than ready to play 25 000 K and 50 000 K. If she wants to progress, she has to play with players that are equal or better than her. There are no such players at 10 000 K or maybe few of them. Bath is not good example. She was injured...
okramb is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #2409
country flag okramb

okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold okramb is a splendid one to behold

No luck for Ana, she has to play 3 sets in doubles too...she will die out there...
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #2410
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Meanwhile, Ana & Carol are heading to the super-tiebreak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
No luck for Ana, she has to play 3 sets in doubles too...she will die out there...
They're playing super-tiebreaks as a third set in juniors. First to ten is through.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #2411
country flag TeamUla

TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute TeamUla has a reputation beyond repute

3rd set is just a super tiebreak.
TeamUla is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #2412
country flag Markus

Quote:
Originally Posted by okramb View Post
At the beginning of the season she sad that she will play senior tour + junior grad slams...so I don't know what is not clear here...French Open, Wimbledon, Us Open + senior tour this year...

And yeah...I think that she would rather not play any 10 000 K any more, Maribor result show as (and her team) that she is more than ready to play 25 000 K and 50 000 K. If she wants to progress, she has to play with players that are equal or better than her. There are no such players at 10 000 K or maybe few of them. Bath is not good example. She was injured...
Absolutely fine with me an the commitment for the junior Slams. Still she seems to lack some motivation here at RG, she went finally through because she is simply better. This with inexplicable lapses but good fight....
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:46 PM   #2413
country flag okramb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamUla View Post
3rd set is just a super tiebreak.
oh yeah...I forgot...then OK...
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #2414
country flag Dan_Doe

Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future Dan_Doe has a brilliant future

Quote:
Absolutely fine with me an the commitment for the junior Slams. Still she seems to lack some motivation here at RG, she went finally through because she is simply better. This with inexplicable lapses but good fight....
How can you know she's not motivated? She's very tired and half-injured. If she lacked motivation too I don't think she'd have gone so far.
Dan_Doe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 5th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #2415
country flag okramb

Quote:
I don't know...if I am her I would find motivation...like why not win all 4 slams in the same year???That could be motivation...nobody done that ever...

Where does Federer finds his motivation....

Junior slams are stronger then some (if not all) 10 000 K's...
Closed Thread