Sally Peers - Page 33 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

View Poll Results: How high can Sally Peers go?

Top 50 10 23.81%
Top 100 16 38.10%
Top 200 13 30.95%
Top 400 3 7.14%
Other (please specify) 0 0%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old Mar 20th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #481
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future
Re: Sally Peers

^ Has been a happy hunting ground for Sally. Convincing win. Keep grinding away Sal.
Advertisement

Old Mar 21st, 2013, 09:12 AM   #482
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Lost 60 75 to Ishizu

CASEY DELLACQUA. QIANG WANG. SHILIN XU. AYUMI MORITA.
LESIA TSURENKO. ALIZÉ LIM. ANA IVANOVIC. JULIA GÖRGES.
OLIVIA TJANDRAMULIA. NAIKTHA BAINS. PRISCILLA HON.
KAROLINA PLISKOVA. KIMIKO DATE-KRUMM. SAMANTHA STOSUR
Kəv. is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:52 PM   #483
country flag Kəv.

Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute Kəv. has a reputation beyond repute

Sally playing in 25k El Paso this week.

R1: Sally Peers v (Q)Jacqueline Crawford (USA)

R1: (1)Peers/Sema(JPN) v Litvak/Vickery (USA/USA)

Goo Sally get some wins

Old Jun 4th, 2013, 07:49 AM   #484
country flag Kəv.

R1: Sally Peers v (3)Heidi El Tabakh (CAN)

please don't get double bagelled Sally

R1: (3)Moore/Peers v Bowtell/Curovic (IRL/SRB)

Old Sep 16th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #485
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15th, 2014, 11:59 AM   #486
country flag Legolas_111

Legolas_111 is a glorious beacon of light Legolas_111 is a glorious beacon of light Legolas_111 is a glorious beacon of light Legolas_111 is a glorious beacon of light Legolas_111 is a glorious beacon of light Legolas_111 is a glorious beacon of light Legolas_111 is a glorious beacon of light Legolas_111 is a glorious beacon of light Legolas_111 is a glorious beacon of light Legolas_111 is a glorious beacon of light Legolas_111 is a glorious beacon of light

Good luck in 2014 Sally!!!
Old Jan 4th, 2015, 11:34 AM   #487
country flag mauritsolei

mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice mauritsolei is just really nice

what ever happened to her? She seemed so promising back in 2011.
Old Jan 5th, 2015, 09:44 AM   #488
louloubelle

louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future louloubelle has a brilliant future

Unfortunately declined a bit the next year and just plummeted poorly in 2013 and 2014. Her game in isolated points, is still quite effective with her smooth groundies, but I expect her decline is due to a huge loss of confidence. She seems confused to what to do out there. Such a pity.
Old Jan 7th, 2015, 11:10 PM   #489
country flag Jason A.

Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold Jason A. is a splendid one to behold

She did get some quality wins recently against Baric, Rajicic and Gavrilova, and that made me start to wonder if we were perhaps seeing the start of some sort of turnaround. Impossible to know, but time will tell.
Jason A. is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7th, 2015, 11:38 PM   #490
country flag petey_pan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute petey_pan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by louloubelle View Post
Unfortunately declined a bit the next year and just plummeted poorly in 2013 and 2014. Her game in isolated points, is still quite effective with her smooth groundies, but I expect her decline is due to a huge loss of confidence. She seems confused to what to do out there. Such a pity.
This is pretty accurate. I've seen her a few times in Toowoomba over the past few years and while her groundies still look nice, she appears to have forgotten how to win a point...particularly important points. She's hit rock bottom now so hopefully she can start a fresh in 2015!

Olivia ROGOWSKA Eugenie BOUCHARD Laura ROBSON Dasha GAVRILOVA Heather WATSON Lucie SAFAROVA
Casey DELLACQUA Jarmila GAJDOSOVA Taylor TOWNSEND Naomi BROADY Madison KEYS Sam STOSUR Destanee AIAVA
petey_pan is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2015, 01:26 AM   #491
louloubelle

^ The funny thing is, when she was 17-18 I thought she was probably the best of Moore, Rogowska, Holland, Bai etc..... in keeping calm and understanding how to construct points. Now she has declined worse than all of them.
Old Jan 8th, 2015, 04:40 AM   #492
AUSBOY

AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future AUSBOY has a brilliant future

No Rogowska was always better than Sally, but Sally was second in that group. The biggest contributing factor to her decline has been confidence on serve. Her serve, particularly her second serve is just rubbish now, its sad to see.
AUSBOY is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2015, 07:19 AM   #493
country flag Sandgroper Sam

Sandgroper Sam is a splendid one to behold Sandgroper Sam is a splendid one to behold Sandgroper Sam is a splendid one to behold Sandgroper Sam is a splendid one to behold Sandgroper Sam is a splendid one to behold Sandgroper Sam is a splendid one to behold Sandgroper Sam is a splendid one to behold Sandgroper Sam is a splendid one to behold Sandgroper Sam is a splendid one to behold Sandgroper Sam is a splendid one to behold Sandgroper Sam is a splendid one to behold

Hopefully this group of youngsters coming through do not parallel the fortunes of that quintet.
Sandgroper Sam is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8th, 2015, 10:38 AM   #494
louloubelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSBOY View Post
No Rogowska was always better than Sally, but Sally was second in that group. The biggest contributing factor to her decline has been confidence on serve. Her serve, particularly her second serve is just rubbish now, its sad to see.
Sally might argue that as between 2009-11, when she had a 3-0 head to head. Though I agree that overall Liv's game had more scope, I thought Sally would be more successful on tour because she just had that innate ability to win points better with playing percentages. Got that wrong in the end

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper Sam View Post
Hopefully this group of youngsters coming through do not parallel the fortunes of that quintet.
I think the current group have more well rounded games and less weaknesses then say Holland (backhand/serve), Peers (serve). Excluding Rogowska ofcourse who has worked very hard on her serve.
Old Jan 8th, 2015, 11:22 AM   #495
country flag TS

TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute TS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandgroper Sam View Post
It's just so tough to break through now, even compared with 5-6 years ago, so these current kids will do well to break the top 150, like 3 of the above mentioned girls have. To me, that will actually be a success.
TS is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote