Anett Kontaveit - Page 122 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 31st, 2013, 02:29 PM   #1816
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Anett Kontaveit

She beat Sasnovich so easily I thought she may take a set but this is a fantastic result.

And she finally made it to the final of 25K tournament, hopefully this will be her little breakthrough and she wins this tournament.
Tennisfan06 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2013, 02:37 PM   #1817
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
She really needs to make another step and win a 25K tournament ASAP.
You may have gotten what you wanted
I am kinda happy that she might win it on Clay
I really hope she can do well at Junior RG
I mean, I know its not important but I think she is the best player to not have won a slam on the Junior Circuit right now and if she can play like this I can't imagine anyone who would beat her
Unfortunately Aljona is not playing Roland Garros because she has exams. This may be a blessing in disguise though as Anett will get to really focus on Singles
She is also on list for Junior Wimbledon but unless she gets a WTA WC, no lead-up tournaments

Kaia hit 24 Aces (the WTA record) vs Safarova Tokyo Round 1 2008
chingching is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 31st, 2013, 07:06 PM   #1818
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

Great to see that Anett has found her game again and finally gets to play a 25k final that we have all been waiting for. I wish she could win it, but even if not, she has still gained a nice amount of points already.
muusa is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 07:12 AM   #1819
country flag chingching

chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute chingching has a reputation beyond repute

Anett has started and has 15-40 in the opening game

EDIT: Anett just won the 1st 6-1 and just served 4 Aces in a row to start the 2nd

Last edited by chingching : Jun 1st, 2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 08:05 AM   #1820
country flag chingching

Anett won 6-1 6-1
There aren't enough emoticons in the world
Such a great win and a really great well-deserved week
This sets her up excellently for Roland Garros
She has to be the favourite
This week was just so dominant and unexpected
I hope she spends her $4000 well

What's funniest: she lost more games to Fomina than to Buyukakcay, Kulichkova and Sasnovich and lost 3 games to Kuznetsova, who has failed to qualify for ITF Junior G4s and G3s and in her last Pro Match lost to the lesser ranked Frolova 1 and 0 (Frolova only beat Birgit Burk 2 and 4 )

Last edited by chingching : Jun 1st, 2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 08:10 AM   #1821
country flag Tennisfan06

Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute Tennisfan06 has a reputation beyond repute

What a great week, she seems to be better than ever before. Didn't lose a set on her way to the title and is now on a 13 match winning streak
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 08:14 AM   #1822
country flag muusa

muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold muusa is a splendid one to behold

I am so happy about Anett! Finally our waiting has paid off.
Do you guys think she is fit enough to play yet another 6 matches next week? Or will she pull "Kaia"?
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 08:17 AM   #1823
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
I am so happy about Anett! Finally our waiting has paid off.
Do you guys think she is fit enough to play yet another 6 matches next week? Or will she pull "Kaia"?
I do think she is fit enough as Kaia was bitched by the various scheduling
Anett will have easier opponents in the first Round giving her time to rest (unless she gets Sorribes Tormo who isn't even in mildly good form)
I think she won't play Doubles which is good as she needs to take this confidence into Roland Garros but not get too tired

If she can play like this then I see her winning 50Ks in Kazan

Old Jun 1st, 2013, 08:19 AM   #1824
country flag Tennisfan06

Up to 313 in TBE live ranks thread with this win
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 08:33 AM   #1825
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisfan06 View Post
Up to 313 in TBE live ranks thread with this win

So many points
If she had taken 1 of her 8 Mps against Monique and beaten Liv she would be Top 300
I am surprised you get so many for 25K... I mean she was quite far out Top 400 a few weeks ago and now she is almost Top 300
That's 84 places with 1 tournament

Old Jun 1st, 2013, 08:58 AM   #1826
country flag Rusher

Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all Rusher is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by chingching View Post
Anett won 6-1 6-1
There aren't enough emoticons in the world

This made my day.

It was nice surprise that Anett won this tournament pretty comfortably. Btw does anybody know which are the next tournaments for Anett after French Open? Where she should climb up the rankings to play in senior Grand Slam qualification?
Rusher is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 09:14 AM   #1827
country flag muusa

I thought maybe she could play Ystad 25k on the week of 17th of June, but she isn't listed there unfortunately Would have been a good chance to take advantage of this good clay form and get some more points, because the level of the tournament might be similar to Moscow.

I guess her team did not expect that kind of success in Moscow. So maybe she can still make a late entrance? I don't know how this late entry system works exactly though.

Last edited by muusa : Jun 1st, 2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 09:20 AM   #1828
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by muusa View Post
I thought maybe she could play Ystad 25k on the week of 17th of June, but she isn't listed there unfortunately Would have been a good chance to take advantage of this good clay form and get some more points, because the level of the tournament might be similar to Moscow.
Maybe Baku
Although her last trip to Asia was a bit of a fail
Still, Baku is Caucasus and in Eurovision so counts as Europe

I really think she should play 25s, 50s or higher in America as those tournaments are always filled with overranked Americans

Old Jun 1st, 2013, 09:31 AM   #1829
country flag WhoAmI?

WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute WhoAmI? has a reputation beyond repute

WOW! Anett's producing some goooooood news.

I agree with muusa though, Anett should take advantage of her good form and not waste it on the juniors
WhoAmI? is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 09:37 AM   #1830
country flag chingching

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoAmI? View Post
WOW! Anett's producing some goooooood news.

I agree with muusa though, Anett should take advantage of her good form and not waste it on the juniors
I think everyone agrees with that
Although given that she is playing Juniors, I think her confidence could be like Bouchard's if she wins a slam
Remember Anett has a winning record against her
And also Putintseva and Barty are equal with her
If she played like this I think she could have beaten Vekic this week