Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 11 - Page 342 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 29th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #5116
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Caroline's Live Scoring Thread v 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Because she is playing Luxembourg which is the same week as Moscow. Effectively if she wins Luxembourg she is just retaining the points she won in Seoul last year, which will come off several weeks earlier. The 470 from Moscow is just automatically lost points.
Is that really confirmed? I know it's on her website but I thought some other top 10 players had preference if they want to play, normally Vika and Petra. Anyway, it still a long way, I guess she can add another premier to substitute Moscow like Carlsbad.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 29th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #5117
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Roland Garros ‏@rolandgarros
Wozniacki: "I wasn't consistent enough. She was hitting the ball every time, going for her shots. I didn't get to play the game I wanted to"
Note to Caroline Wozniacki.: Jovanovski is ranked 47.

So what she's saying is, she was bossed into submission by a player who's barely inside top 50 and there was nothing, she could do about it ...

On a personal note, it is starting to annoy me, Caro is still ranked 10 (or maybe now even 9 again). She needs to fall to her 'real' ranking ... wherever that is. Even she won't fall lower than 30 this year.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #5118
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Is that really confirmed? I know it's on her website but I thought some other top 10 players had preference if they want to play, normally Vika and Petra. Anyway, it still a long way, I guess she can add another premier to substitute Moscow like Carlsbad.
The Luxembourg tournament director confirmed it I think. She really should be adding Stanford or Carlsbad (or both) in my opinion, but they will be much tougher fields than Moscow was. Caro actually has a reasonable number of points to defend after Wimbledon, if she was really going to rise up the rankings, these were the weeks to do it.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #5119
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ I agree she does need to play Stanford or Carlsbad or both but her game is so fragile atm she really have no Confidence in herself. She should really be looking for that new coach

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #5120
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its not where she should play or what style of play.
Its how badly does she want success? The girl who just beat her twice has about 2 other wins in 4 months
This is a much bigger mess than a coach or a smart schedule.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #5121
country flag Vaidisova

Vaidisova has disabled reputation

Letdown after the Robson win..
Vaidisova is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #5122
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I feel like an idiot for thinking that Caro was going to break at 6-5 1st set up 30-0 on Jovanovski's serve.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #5123
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Both were blowing chances for fun at the end of that first set. Jovanovski missed a sitter on break point either the game before, or the service game before that. Not that it's surprising though, Caro's matches tend to be full of chances for both players.
ozza is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #5124
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Both were blowing chances for fun at the end of that first set. Jovanovski missed a sitter on break point either the game before, or the service game before that. Not that it's surprising though, Caro's matches tend to be full of chances for both players.
Caro faced a break point at 5-5 1st set and wasn't broken. Jovanovski held from 0-30 down at 0-1 1st set and 5-6 1st set.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:25 AM   #5125
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Note to Caroline Wozniacki.: Jovanovski is ranked 47.

So what she's saying is, she was bossed into submission by a player who's barely inside top 50 and there was nothing, she could do about it ...

On a personal note, it is starting to annoy me, Caro is still ranked 10 (or maybe now even 9 again). She needs to fall to her 'real' ranking ... wherever that is. Even she won't fall lower than 30 this year.
Jovanovski was also #60 in the YEC race prior to the French Open.

That kind of comment about her opponents hitting their shots sure sounds familiar.

Rankings typically will adjust to an appropriate level for what a player is playing at in time.