New Big West - 2012-13 - Page 17 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 28th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #241
country flag form

form has disabled reputation
Re: NCAA Tournament 1st Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by gouci View Post
Ali Facey the player Long Beach St. DID NOT WANT becomes the HERO in UCI's biggest win.

First off the court the previous match: 5. Karolina Rozenberg (LBSU) def. Ali Facey (UCI) 6-2, 6-4 and lets not forget the key doubles point: 2. Klaudia Malenovska/Sarah Cantlay (LBSU) def. Ali Facey/Brooke Schweyer (UCI) 8-6

PS... Fact check:

I have waited to respond to your 'claim' until I saw our coach. I asked Coach specifically about Ms. Facey.... never recruited her or the sister.... Quote: NOPE, NEVER!

Also added: 'I never contacted them and they never contacted me.' Guess it was mutual.

I'm afraid your spin is complete rubbish yet again....

NEW SLOGAN FOR YOUR UCI WOMEN'S TENNIS:

WITHOUT LONG BEACH STATE, UCI WOULD HAVE 9 CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT TITLES!

(well, 8 and 1* )

But whatever floats your boat I suppose. Eater' Coach should be sending DJ Gurule and rest of comittee a big smooch for that bracket... as predicted... last # 2 seed barely ... I mean barely... squeaks by the last # 3 seed. (Don't forget which # 3 seed buried a # 2 last year!).

Have a great summer!

Last edited by form : May 28th, 2013 at 08:25 PM.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 28th, 2013, 09:12 PM   #242
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New Big West - 2012-13

most indoor courts I see are hard like the outdoors.
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 11:17 PM   #243
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3gtennis View Post
most indoor courts I see are hard like the outdoors.
I wasn't using hard as an adjective like meaning something firm but as a noun referring to a court surface type.

For example the 4 main tennis court surface types include grass, clay, hard (outdoor) and carpet (indoor).
gouci is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 28th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #244
country flag gouci

gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all gouci is a name known to all
Re: Big West - 2012-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskan View Post
Yeah, the Facey's are and were IMPRESSIVE....you may not know this but they approached LBS BEFORE they inquired about a schollie at CHeater University...Being a package deal just didn't work for us but hey Mikey liked em
Form your fellow Long Beach St. fan's post contradicts you.

To be honest Form you lost your credibility when you became a catfish, posting under other names and creating false identities just to make it appear someone else is agreeing with you.

Old May 29th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #245
country flag 3gtennis

3gtennis is an unknown quantity at this point

I was referring to indoor courts with the same surface as a school's outdoor courts. The only difference in speed usually comes when they are resurfaced in different years. No carpet -- most Texas and southern indoor courts are just for tennis and have no carpet. Illinois' are not carpet.
3gtennis is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #246
country flag form

form has disabled reputation

Quote:
Form your fellow Long Beach St. fan's post contradicts you.

To be honest Form you lost your credibility when you became a catfish, posting under other names and creating false identities just to make it appear someone else is agreeing with you.

More false accusations.... I know who both Alaskan and Beachman49 are. Ironically you know who Beachman49 is too because you troll the LB chat.

Keep trying. Have you printed your 9 championships shirt yet?

Not sure where Alaskan got that info because I personally asked coach straight up. She chuckled.

But I can tell you we LB fans are all very pleased Ms Facey is with your squad.

Is their a LYING FISH I could post for you?

Last edited by form : May 29th, 2013 at 07:15 PM.
form is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #247
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by form View Post
More false accusations.... I know who both Alaskan and Beachman49 are. Ironically you know who Beachman49 is too because you troll the LB chat.
1st I don't post on the LBS board anymore.

2nd I'm familiar with Beachman so I can tell when you hijack & post under his name.

3rd in addition to being our board's Ronaiah Tuiasosopo today Form just became our board's Lance Armstrong.

I caught Form posting here under other names & fake identities and Form's response is to be like Lance and lie, lie and deny.

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 11:48 PM   #248
country flag gouci

Re: UC Riverside

Quote:

How can UCR claim to be "Building Champions" when they have ZERO Division 1 wins this season?

This campaign comes from the new UCR AD who doesn't mind using false advertising for their women's tennis team.

This false advertising AD is gone from UC Riverside. He cleaned house and fired a bunch of coaches thinking he can do better but didn't accomplish anything himself.
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #249
country flag gouci

Laguna Niguel Summer Circuit

April Scatliffe (UCSB) was seeded #6
Marivick Mamiit (UCI) was seeded #7

Scatliffe (UCSB) def. Cassidy Branstine (Utah St.) 6-3,6-4

Scatliffe (UCSB) def. Nicole Laduca (East Carolina) 6-1,6-1

Lorraine Guillermo (Pepperdine) def. Scatliffe (UCSB) 6-1,6-2

Mamiit (UCI) def. Hayley Thompson (Long Beach St.)

Mamiit (UCI) def. Tamitha Nguyen (SDSU) 6-4,7-5

Monica Robinson (Notre Dame) def. Mamiit (UCI) 2-6,7-6,10-5
Old Jul 9th, 2013, 10:47 PM   #250
country flag beachman49

beachman49 has disabled reputation
Re: Laguna Niguel Summer Circuit

Quote:
April Scatliffe (UCSB) was seeded #6
Marivick Mamiit (UCI) was seeded #7

Mamiit (UCI) def. Hayley Thompson (Long Beach St.)
Funny, I saw Coach on Monday and she was too.

In her first collegiate match, while not yet coached at LB, the incoming LB frosh went 3-6, 7-6, 8-10 vs. the very experienced and what likely will be UCI's # 1 this year. (I may be wrong on first two sets but something like that).

Not sure I'd be over that result by my # 1 over a 'raw' incoming 4 star frosh who will only get better. Just a thought.
beachman49 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #251
country flag gouci

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachman49 View Post

In her first collegiate match, while not yet coached at LB,
Hayley Thompson's private coach is not just some local tennis hack, he's former American top 25 ATP player Taylor Dent. Dent runs an academy with his wife former WTA tour player Jennifer Hopkins and his dad Phil Dent who has won a doubles Grand Slam during his pro playing days.

Taylor and his dad Phil Dent are internationally renowned in the tennis community and are BETTER tennis coaches than the Long Beach St. head coach.

Taylor Dent is cousins with Misty May and that's the only reason I can think off he wouldn't object to one of his students playing for Long Beach State.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 06:53 AM   #252
country flag Embittered

Embittered has disabled reputation

49er Tennis Adds Six Players for 2013-14

Count 'em
Embittered is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 02:34 PM   #253
country flag beachman49

Quote:
Hayley Thompson's private coach is not just some local tennis hack, he's former American top 25 ATP player Taylor Dent. Dent runs an academy with his wife former WTA tour player Jennifer Hopkins and his dad Phil Dent who has won a doubles Grand Slam during his pro playing days.

Taylor and his dad Phil Dent are internationally renowned in the tennis community and are BETTER tennis coaches than the Long Beach St. head coach.

Taylor Dent is cousins with Misty May and that's the only reason I can think off he wouldn't object to one of his students playing for Long Beach State.

Private coaches OBJECT?

Taylor is great. As usual you miss the point... 2-3 days a week for a couple hours vs. 5-6 days a week x 3 hours plus versus better practice partners every day.

Be honest, the level of 'good' D1 tennis is x 5 better (maybe more) than U18's.

Anyway, props to Hayley. Your verteran 'senior' moving to # 1 just eeked out a 10-8 tie break vs a four star currently in the 100's on tennisrecruiting.net. Please keep woo-hoo'ing.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 02:40 PM   #254
country flag beachman49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embittered View Post
Yep, 3 seniors, 1 vacant all year (Coach has previously said a signed recruit blew her HS finals a year ago and never got eligible)

Spanish girl left in early March for family issues.

According to email from coach, Belgian freshman told coach in March she was headed home to study in Belgium and no longer planning to play tennis. I guess that is better than some other sports like women's basketball where girls really don't want to play anymore but won't give it up because they want their scholarship money?

That leaves two starters returning plus unknown with the walk on who played one dual match in singles when someone was hurt and barely won a three setter versus another walk on.

This recruiting class reads really good. Former British # 1 plus a french girl with a higher rating that former Big West Player of the Year Anais Dallara. And the So Cal freshman is already two points short of being as good as Gouci's # 1.
Old Jul 10th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #255
country flag gouci

I agree that if Haley Thompson gets better it's because of more practice time and playing better competition. NOT because a 'raw' player not yet coached at LB is somehow getting a coaching upgrade by playing at Long Beach St.

Beachform I dropped that tidbit about Taylor Dent and Misty May being cousins for volleyball fans like the real Beachman and Rob which I'm sure you'll pass it along to them.