** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3 - Page 48 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!

Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:00 PM   #706
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of
Re: ** Masha News and Articles! ** Vol. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by WowWow View Post
Sorry, but this is not the 1st time he's talking shit.
Surely.. and yes, he said it very balantly, dirty, bold... but he said what he thought, not the 1st time; I have been bothered by many of his words over the years; didn't like them, neither liked Maria's reactions to some of his actions; and many people used to praise him so much that I stayed quiet.. he is a typical cowboy hurray guy who speaks what is on his mind and doesn't know how to behave sometimes and doesn't know how to use words to put it politely.. I hope you all know what incident I am talking about..And so is Bollettierri... And what can I do now? Maria loves them.
It is Maria's problem, she will have to solve it, she can end her friendship, she can react publically, she can be hurt or angry or motivated to prove herself (but she'll still fail in the end vs Serena).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:03 PM   #707
Noten

Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of Noten has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpMePova View Post
The funny thing is that that comment about Wimbledon is not only petty but stupid as well, because he was her coach at the time so by saying the win was a fluke he's discrediting himself and his work
Joyce wishes he had anything to do with that 'fluke'. Hadad and Lansdorp were Maria's coaches back then, not Joyce.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:10 PM   #708
country flag MM_1257

MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of MM_1257 has much to be proud of

I still kind of think he is reffering to Yuri there.. Because before and after he is speaking about Yuri.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:23 PM   #709
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Oh come on..
Joyce lost credibility to me since the bullshit he said about that NBA player coming out. Also, this is from an article talking about another interview where Joyce said what ALLEGEDLY Yuri said... ppff.. And obviously Maria is stubborn, I'm sure she is, just like many sport stars I think, so what the difference between him and Hogstedt be? Like Crimewave said, he wasn't Maria's coach before Wim 2004 and it seems to me he didn't do much more for her to beat Serena than what Hogstedt did. Serena is the superior player and that's pretty much it.
Like I said on GM, to sum it up: go home Joyce, you're drunk.
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:29 PM   #710
WowWow
mhmmm

WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute WowWow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trih View Post
Oh come on..
Joyce lost credibility to me since the bullshit he said about that NBA player coming out. Also, this is from an article talking about another interview where Joyce said what ALLEGEDLY Yuri said... ppff.. And obviously Maria is stubborn, I'm sure she is, just like many sport stars I think, so what the difference between him and Hogstedt be? Like Crimewave said, he wasn't Maria's coach before Wim 2004 and it seems to me he didn't do much more for her to beat Serena than what Hogstedt did. Serena is the superior player and that's pretty much it.
Like I said on GM, to sum it up: go home Joyce, you're drunk.
Thank you.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:29 PM   #711
country flag Mexicola

Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute Mexicola has a reputation beyond repute

I have to say I never liked Joyce. He always came off as an arrogant punk when we’d hear the on-court coaching he did with Maria during matches. And I don’t think he added much of anything of value tactically to Maria’s game when he was in charge. A very average coach who, to me, probably held Maria back more than he helped. And that comment about her Wimbledon win being a fluke was pathetic. I don’t care how “tight” Serena was out there, Maria totally out-played her for 2 sets and earned that win. It wasn’t as if it was decided by a weird netcord or bad line call. That would have been flukey. Maria crushed her fair and square. So I have no idea where he came up with “fluke”.

The lack of encouragement from her dad concerning Serena is very disappointing if true. At one time, Maria was one point from beating Serena for a 3rd straight time. You'd think her team would have been building from that and getting Maria prepared mentally and physically to take on the Serena challenge for years to come.
Mexicola is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:34 PM   #712
country flag Trih

Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute Trih has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I don’t care how “tight” Serena was out there, Maria totally out-played her for 2 sets and earned that win. It wasn’t as if it was decided by a weird netcord or bad line call. That would have been flukey. Maria crushed her fair and square. So I have no idea where he came up with “fluke”.
He must be thinking in the GM way, since Serena is the better player (and everyone with a brain knows she is) he thinks everything else doesn't matter..
Not always the better overall player wins, but the player who plays better in that match or tournament. Maria just played better that day, so what?
Trih is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:05 AM   #713
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

I somehow can't imagine Yuri ever saying that.

I'm just really glad Joyce is no longer coaching Maria.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:22 AM   #714
country flag MM_1257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mexicola View Post
I have to say I never liked Joyce. He always came off as an arrogant punk when we’d hear the on-court coaching he did with Maria during matches.
MTE
yet Maria loved/loves him. Which always made me a bit ...

But come on, not to use the word fluke, each one of us how many times have you guys said, huh, boy Maria was lucky to win that Wimby?? I think some time ago we were even talking about it and admitting that indeed she was lucky Serena to be rusty...
Maria's win against Serena is a fluke (forever), just like Girgor's against Djokovic (for now).
And I can totally imagine Yuri to be that harsh to Maria and say it to her... Just like I can totally imagine Joyce saying it to her, just like Thomas said to her that she choked (that was harsh too), but I think that she is a tough girl who indeed needs tough words to motivate herself... That is how Yuri taught her. The wrong part of all this was to say it out loud publically, but he is known for not knowing to chose words. And like I said, he is a typical southern cowboy arrogant type of people - in talk and in mind.
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:20 PM   #715
country flag Maria Croft

Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute Maria Croft has a reputation beyond repute

While I think her win over Serena could be considered a fluke win today, it certainly wasn't in 2004. Yes, Serena didn't play a great match, but Maria was fearless and played an incredible first Slam Final.

Winning Wimbledon was not a fluke, she's made the Finals again in 2011 and several SF's along the way.

If Maria had never gotten her shoulder injury, I don't think Serena would have been able to get in her head the way she did. But that's the way things goes.

Wimbledon 2004 US Open 2006
Australian Open 2008 Roland Garros 2012 2014
0013..Eternal follower of the Golden Girl
Maria Croft is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:12 AM   #716
country flag nectar69

nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light nectar69 is a glorious beacon of light

That's sad about Joyce. I think he's just upset becuase Hoggy's a better coach than he is. I saw Joyce a month ago - he's coaching a girl who is mostly playing challengers. She's not very good nor will she be with him as coach. The once supposedly mighty have fallen. Still, it's a shame considering Maria considered him a friend. But, that's how things go in sports and show business.
nectar69 is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #717
country flag womensrights

womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light

Actually I just read the whole article. People are blowing this way out of proportion . What he said is pretty much what everyone already knows. As for the Girl he coaches now,father is worth atleast 50 times more money than Maria is . She has also gone from 900 to 124 in 2 years under him which in my opinion is not bad and shes 18 years old. From what I heard when he split with Maria he had many offers to work with other top girl who were Maria's competition, but didn't in respect to Maria. Also common sense leads me to believe that since its been 2 and a half years since the split , if he were bitter would of done something a long time ago, why wait till now.Lets face the truth everyone, Maria hasn't come close to beating Serena in over 9 years. Also why wouldn't Yuri fear Serena , shes the only woman who consistently beats Maria. Everybody love controversy . No one seemed to have a problem with Joyce when Maria was number 1 and winning multiple titles including US Open and Australian Open Wta Championships and he was with her 7 years. Its ashamed how quickly people forget.
womensrights is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #718
country flag womensrights

womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light womensrights is a glorious beacon of light

Also if you took the time to read the article . Joyce says her run to win Wimbledon that year was kind of a Fluke. He was talking about the whole tournament. Not just the match with Serena. If I remember correctly Davenport was up 6 1 and a break in the semi finals before they had a long rain delay. Maria came back and won. She was down match point to Sugiyama I think in Quarterfinals. And he says Serena was a nervous reck playing a young Maria in the Final. I wish I knew how to post the article or wish people would take the time to read it before lashing out at someone who has know Maria since she was 9 and obviously helped mold her into the person you all love so much today!
womensrights is offline View My Blog!   Reply With Quote
Old May 29th, 2013, 01:32 PM   #719
country flag jameshazza

jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute jameshazza has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah do you have the article online?
Can you copy and paste?

Also where the hell is her R1 interview?
Old May 30th, 2013, 12:17 AM   #720
country flag Cecig

Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of Cecig has much to be proud of

Transcript of Masha's R1 presser.

http://www.ubitennis.com/english/spo...mP80BU.twitter

https://twitter.com/Ce_Giovanniello
Cecig is online now View My Blog!   Reply With Quote